BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Quarter Finals Discussion

Guest Kamy100

Link doesn't work. Is it a subscription site?

Just click on the New York banner in the top left corner and you will go to the maine site. Then click on the sports link on the left hand side, and that should work.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watching the pre intro show here (Santo, Sam and Ed's Cup fever) someone came up with a suggestion about extra time and penalties.

The idea was to have the penalties shootout after full time and before the extra time, Just to open up the game a little more.

The team that won the penalty shoot out would have an advantage, but if the team that lost the shootout won in extra time, they would win the game. if the result was still even after extra time, then the team that won the penalty shootout would be the winner.

Sounds a little convoluted, but at least it would stop all the angst at the end of extra time.

The Germans have put in some really good performances in this tournament. I think that they play with such a solid style that they're always going to be in any game.

Just gone 3-0, and they're starting to embarass Argentina. Maybe England weren't that bad after all.................... :unsure:

This is some German team, they seem to have the perfect mix between youth and experience.

Who would have thought Brazil and Argentina would be going out at the semi-finals?

For all the talk about South American dominance, it's looking likely that we'll have an all European final.

Fantastic movement, organisation and with all the right players in the right places. It's pretty simple stuff but hugely effective.

They seem to have benefited from not having any media "Superstars" in their team.

They seem to have benefited from not having any media "Superstars" in their team.

As they hinted at in commentary, Michael Ballack's injury could prove to be a real blessing in disguise for them.

If Sam really was offered Miroslav Klose a few weeks back by his agent, there is now absolutely ZERO chance of that deal happening.

VERY impressive counter-attacking football in the last 20 minutes. Gonna be hard to beat the Germans.

It really puts last week into context.

If anything, it shows that we're not bad at attacking, we caused far more problems to the defence than Argentina did.

We scored two good goals (but for a @#/? linesman), Defoe hit the bar, Lampard hit the bar, Milner had a good chance, Gerrard should have scored.

I mean, we were still poor, but that's something at least.

Germany playing counter-attacking football of the very highest order.

Mueller player of the tournament for me so far, especially when you consider his age and the fact today is only his 7th cap.

I hope the FA are watching and wondering what's been done in Germany in terms of player development - because we look light years behind them at present.

If Sam really was offered Miroslav Klose a few weeks back by his agent, there is now absolutely ZERO chance of that deal happening.

Another dropped bo**ock by Rovers? ;)

Add it to Annan, and weren't we also in for Kevin Prince-Boateng? I sometimes wonder WTF our scouts are looking at ....

Maybe Mark but you can't doubt the individual talent of the Argentine players like you can with England. This has far more to do with a blend of skill and tactical awareness that the Germans have. The sum of the parts being greater than the individuals etc.

Ah yes, I'm sure 20 random Nigerians really embodies an entire continent.

Better than zero. And the ethno-centric idea that African nations have the same relationship with eachother as England does with Switzerland is concerning. (I know that was Billy wotsit not you)

Torres off -

This change has to come soon surely.

Much like Rooney, Torres is like a shadow of his normal self this tournament. Injuries/burn out?? It's a shame to see. They seem incapable of simple things like controlling the ball.

Archived