BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

I can understand many comments on here, the most sensible being regarding the prospective takeover of the club and the fact that signing players who may not be deemed useful had we much more funds available, however, I raise two points which I believe are valid.

1) Sam Allardyce, love him or hate him, has worked his b****cks off trying to bring in players for which either were deemed to be too expensive etc. surely this should have been identified prior to the window, Sam didnt need to be running all over the place and looking at trialists etc. No wonder he is miffed, I would be too, how many of us at work have put a real shift in only to be told it was useless as we are not going down that route?

2) Why have the club not been honest with both supporters and the manager?

Those are the questions I put to the board, to me it smacks of a club decieving its employees and supporters, it would have been far better to have come clean rather than the charade they have played, instead a wall of silence and each time we get second hand comments through the LT stating that the Benni money and higher place money all going to Salgados wages!!! I have a lot of time for Salgado, top bloke and a top pro, wotks for the team and good around the place but if we are to believe the club, he must be on £100,000 per week!!

JW come clean, make a statement, you owe the supporters that much at least, the silence is really going to affect the support of the club.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His wife is from Alicante, which is where Hercules is from. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have chosen us over them.

Someone else was saying he is planning on retiring there, as well, so he can now settle in.

I can understand many comments on here, the most sensible being regarding the prospective takeover of the club and the fact that signing players who may not be deemed useful had we much more funds available, however, I raise two points which I believe are valid.

1) Sam Allardyce, love him or hate him, has worked his b****cks off trying to bring in players for which either were deemed to be too expensive etc. surely this should have been identified prior to the window, Sam didnt need to be running all over the place and looking at trialists etc. No wonder he is miffed, I would be too, how many of us at work have put a real shift in only to be told it was useless as we are not going down that route?

2) Why have the club not been honest with both supporters and the manager?

Those are the questions I put to the board, to me it smacks of a club decieving its employees and supporters, it would have been far better to have come clean rather than the charade they have played, instead a wall of silence and each time we get second hand comments through the LT stating that the Benni money and higher place money all going to Salgados wages!!! I have a lot of time for Salgado, top bloke and a top pro, wotks for the team and good around the place but if we are to believe the club, he must be on £100,000 per week!!

JW come clean, make a statement, you owe the supporters that much at least, the silence is really going to affect the support of the club.

Absolutely spot on!

1. Until the takeover is completed, it should be business as usual. We can't take it for granted.

2. Even if it does happen, one deadline signing isn't going to inconvenience us and doesn't mean we wouldn't look at players like Popov.

But maybe that this is an indication that the takeover is going to happen. We only know what we read on here or the media. But the Club, rothschild, Trustees and Syed know everything that is going on. Rovers have a good enough squad in my opinion to stay away from the relegation zone this side og january. Even though they only have 3 points now after only one win. Those loses were not the team giving up, they lost both games fighting and trying to win. A lot of teams would have crumbled against Rovers in that first half v arsenal on Sunday. Rovers will do well this season with what they have and better after january.

Of course it was business as usual, after all they want shut of some players. No it would not inconvienience us, but would it be prudent to sign a temporary player, who maybe or may not good enough for the prem. Yes the club should be looking at players like popov and I hope they continue to do so.

The only reason I can think of for not going ahead with bringing players in, is the current due dilligence. All the books are being looked at, what cash there is, what is going out etc. I believe that the takeover is very imminent.

I'm sure someone said that the van der Vaart transfer rumour was some kind of joke/conspiracy theory that never had a chance in hell of happening - well it's happening now, so have a word with your 'sources'.

Good job nobody put £50 on him not turning up :tu:

Just seems like a big load of frustration for the club this window.

They've clearly done their best to identify realistic targets but it appears that things have conspired against us for various reasons.

Not feeling the JW hate, I'm afraid.

You think he chose for us to only make two signings out of a potential several?

He's probably had the most busy and stressful time out of anyone at the club. If you think he owes any fan an explanation

of what he's been up to this window, you need a life and have some respect for what actually goes on.

It's not Football Manager, where you email a bid to a club and the next day you offer the player what he wants before signing him the day after.

That said, the kind of guy JW is, he probably will provide an explanation as to what went against us anyway.

Also, for the guy with the bad memory and big ego - Jack Walker appointed Kidd and sanctioned every one of his transfers. This obviously went for the Hodgson/Kevin Davies era just before it.

Also, nobody is interested in what you do during your working life whilst reading the transfer thread and it's even less relevant to it.

Let's be realistic - with the emergence of the young players, the experience Kalinic now has and the possible fitness of people like Grella, we're considerably stronger than we were this time last season and that ended up alright.

Don't believe the 'unhappy Sam' rumours; that's all they are.

Well, he won't be happy that we've only made two signings, but he's hardly about to walk out on us.

Great work by the MYSTERY STRIKER brigade also - laziest piece of rumour-mongering there is; you don't even have to use your imagination to make up random links :tu:

Someone else was saying he is planning on retiring there, as well, so he can now settle in.

That's timely as many might argue Tregezuet 's been retired for many years now. I don't see how he would be a good pickup for Rovers.

They guy hasn't put a shift on in years.... he's done. d-u-n. done.

You would seriously hope so - especially if the likes of Rigters, Roberts or Brown also leave in the championship loan window... :unsure:

Why would we loan out Roberts, we will most likely need him now.

Andy Cryer - Looks like Lars might run into tomorrow, but Maceo Rigters moving to Dutch club Willem II on season-long loan

I'm sure someone said that the van der Vaart transfer rumour was some kind of joke/conspiracy theory that never had a chance in hell of happening - well it's happening now, so have a word with your 'sources'.

Good job nobody put £50 on him not turning up :tu:

Just seems like a big load of frustration for the club this window.

They've clearly done their best to identify realistic targets but it appears that things have conspired against us for various reasons.

Not feeling the JW hate, I'm afraid.

You think he chose for us to only make two signings out of a potential several?

He's probably had the most busy and stressful time out of anyone at the club. If you think he owes any fan an explanation

of what he's been up to this window, you need a life and have some respect for what actually goes on.

It's not Football Manager, where you email a bid to a club and the next day you offer the player what he wants before signing him the day after.

That said, the kind of guy JW is, he probably will provide an explanation as to what went against us anyway.

Also, for the guy with the bad memory and big ego - Jack Walker appointed Kidd and sanctioned every one of his transfers. This obviously went for the Hodgson/Kevin Davies era just before it.

Also, nobody is interested in what you do during your working life whilst reading the transfer thread and it's even less relevant to it.

Let's be realistic - with the emergence of the young players, the experience Kalinic now has and the possible fitness of people like Grella, we're considerably stronger than we were this time last season and that ended up alright.

Don't believe the 'unhappy Sam' rumours; that's all they are.

Well, he won't be happy that we've only made two signings, but he's hardly about to walk out on us.

Great work by the MYSTERY STRIKER brigade also - laziest piece of rumour-mongering there is; you don't even have to use your imagination to make up random links :tu:

Andy - some good points but we should all respect each others opinions and the right to express those opinions. Some members relate stuff in order to give a perspective (as does Nicko), so don't be too critical.

I aint wadding through 20+ pages of what im guessing aint gona be good news could anyone give me a run down of what has gone on i.e. popov? is it true jacobson has gone

Thanks

Josh Morris out on loan

Zurab to Reading on 12 month loan (until end of his contract)

Jacobsen to West Ham

Judge to Notts County on loan

Chimbonda to West Ham broke down

Roberts was a suggested target of Blackpool, Wigan & QPR - But nothing happened

Popov in failed due to refused work permit

You would seriously hope so - especially if the likes of Rigters, Roberts or Brown also leave in the championship loan window... :unsure:

I'm pretty sure we still owe Salgado another £3 million for the period August to January, so I don't think the bill will come down by much. Hopefully we can flog someone for about £3 million in january to keep Salgado until the end of May.

Of course, if he plays badly he could be universely reviled and not be able to walk the streets safely in his dotage!

Josh Morris out on loan

Zurab to Reading on 12 month loan (until end of his contract)

Jacobsen to West Ham

Judge to Notts County on loan

Chimbonda to West Ham broke down

Roberts was a suggested target of Blackpool, Wigan & QPR - But nothing happened

Thank you.

Shame Bulgaria aint joined the EU yet or they wouldn't be able to refuse him permission to work.

Would this work permit have been refused if we were another team?

Just out if interest, were anyone else refused a work permit in the Prem during this season's transfer window, does anhone know?

Can the deal still be done if it's all signed and an appeal is successful?

Would this work permit have been refused if we were another team?

Just out if interest, were anyone else refused a work permit in the Prem during this season's transfer window, does anhone know?

Can the deal still be done if it's all signed and an appeal is successful?

I agree, isn't there normally an appeal process? And isn't a work permit normally applied for after terms have been agreed, a while after? Seems like it went really quickly here.

Danish papers are saying that Lars J, was released on a free transfer by SA !

:angry2:

What's wrong with that? He came in on a free as well.

Where we went wrong was that when we signed him as cheap" back up to Emerton we didn't need to then sign either Chimbonda or Salgado imo.

Archived