BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

Is this window where we didn't buy anyone and didn't sell anyone any worse than last summer's when we "spent" minus sixteen million and saw Chimbonda coming in for Warnock?

Both equally gruesome imo and we won't survive many if any more.

Agree - we simply cannot have windows like this time after time. This one was the worst to me - one loan signing (potentially off in Jan) and a crock is not the transfer dealings of a club intent on surviving the premier league. Sure we have little money but league placings, transfer fees and outgoing players' wages must generate more than nothing. In fact we've been told as much.

if salgados wages are so high and thats why we couldnt sign anyone why announce that there was MONEY to spend when there clearly isnt.i wouldnt of minded if JW just came out and made it clear there was no money available unless we sold some players.

Now I know it's not the best idea to tell clubs exactly how much you have, and especially smart when you have money not to boast about it, but if there is no money whatsoever why say there is? Why lead fans on like that? And as I said above, how can there not be given league placings, sales and outgoing players' wages - in fact why makes comments alluding that this will be bolstering our transfer budget?

Also if we are bargain basement - and if we are, well we just have to live with it - why have we not spent the last 3/4 months finding players within that budget. Not sure who's fully to blame for this, but really the chronic window we've had - and keep having - is more than bad luck in the market.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the best maceo,i hope he does well now he's gone home,he was once a very promising player i hope he scores plenty of goals and maybe we will get a fee for him in the summer.

When his contract expires. :P

caicedo has gone to levante

why depress us even more was it free transfer or loan?

why depress us even more was it free transfer or loan?

sorry i meant was it a transfer fee involved or a loan deal.

That's timely as many might argue Tregezuet 's been retired for many years now. I don't see how he would be a good pickup for Rovers.

They guy hasn't put a shift on in years.... he's done. d-u-n. done.

He's had one bad season in the last ten, and that was the 2008/09 season. He would definitely be a welcome player in my book, terrific box player.

Salgado is earning so much the new owner is setting aside £30 million from the proposed budget, just to keep him until the end of the season.

Salgado earns so much that Chuck Norris has to ask him for a loan.

She's more of a mess than trying to apply Nash to a the 'tribal' connection with consumers and clubs.

Have I inadvertently walked into your pissing ground?

If so I humbly yield the floor to you.

Please tell me why that theory does not fit with this situation.

Oh well shall we start our shopping list thread for January (aslong as takeover is complete)????

Yeah let's crack on with another exercise in futility, let the bloody takeover happen before you start pissing the money up the wall.

How come people thought we would be buying? I thought it was common knowledge that we had no money due to our high (compared to turnover) wage bill.

And also, losing the people we have will not effect our season in the slightest, as these players were 3rd/4th choice for their positions, at least.

Yes we would have liked a striker, but players are expensive. For example, Di Santo - £3m, Gyan, £13m! Hell, even Tommy Smith cost £1.5m!!! If the right deal couldn't be made, so be it, no need to sign for the sakes of signing. We have a good enough squad to stay up, and finish between 9th and 15th. We are weak up front, but we have a great defence and a good first choice midfield. We also have some good young options.

It's been a good window as our best players have stayed. We were never realistically going to sign an amazing striker, and although our options aren't great, we'll be fine.

People need to chill out a bit.

Now that the window has closed, I will reiterate what I said earlier.

The line about not being able to afford wages is nonsense, complete nonsense.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/8212646.Q_A_with_Blackburn_Rovers_chairman/

1. At the end of the season JW said that we are a trading club rather than a selling club, stating clearly that we could sustain LAST years wages THIS year without the need to sell ANYONE. Quote :we can just about maintain wage levels without the need for capital receipts.

2. He also said that Salgado was budgeted for as long as we finished 11th- we finished 10th. QUOTE: We actually budgeted to finish 13th but Sam put up a compelling case for Michel Salgado. This meant we had to re-forecast to 11th.

3. He also said that we had the Benni money available to use.

This is a great post and I believe John Williams should explain his shift in stance.

Archived