BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

Quite interesting on the players' salaries - I've heard (direct from the club) that the salaries are nowhere near what is generally believed in the tabloid press.

Reading between the lines of what I've been told, I've always thought that our top earners would be on no more than £25k to £30k per week, and they were pretty much the exceptions.

Would be interesting to know what the truth is...

Possibly true, but I think most players' contracts include bonuses as well.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite interesting on the players' salaries - I've heard (direct from the club) that the salaries are nowhere near what is generally believed in the tabloid press.

Reading between the lines of what I've been told, I've always thought that our top earners would be on no more than £25k to £30k per week, and they were pretty much the exceptions.

Would be interesting to know what the truth is...

The only fact in the public is that our wage bill was £46M in the 2009 numbers. If we assume 90% of that goes to our 25 top earners, that would mean a £30k/w average for the 25 top earners.

I really dont want to know what Andrews earns or I think I may go into paanic mode, anything over £10,000 would be a total joke!!

And he isnt even worth that!!

A Heart Transplant Surgeon wouldn't even earn a third of that. That's how sick this whole debate is !!

Sam on Benji and Topov

Looks likely we will get Topov

Are you looking for a refill on your whiskey or something Philip?

Good news though.

"I don't want to be doing anything after Friday of this week – I don't want to be panicking or judging the market in the last couple of days of the window. It is unhealthy doing it like that and you could very easily make mistakes."

It says Diarra is valued at 6.5m so in interest it probably means abit more window shopping from us.

Its starting to seem that we've wasted this transfer window trying to chase players way out of our price bracket. I know with little money you to try and barter, but chasing strikers worth 5m with barely 2mill to spend?!

Maybe you should set up a "Heart Surgery: Live" arena tour. You could obviously make a lot of money.

Not what I was getting at. But it would be mildy more interesting than watching Keef running round like a headless chicken.

Are you looking for a refill on your whiskey or something Philip?

Good news though.

"I don't want to be doing anything after Friday of this week – I don't want to be panicking or judging the market in the last couple of days of the window. It is unhealthy doing it like that and you could very easily make mistakes."

Just disorientated by receiving an email written in cyrilic. In latin script the guy's name is Dmitry ######!

Archived