BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed - 10k a week & £1m to make it permanent for Caciedo? Great deal!! Get on it!

if he's available for a mill why even risk takin him on loan n havin someone else pinch him next season or have him asking for money..BUY HIM NOW!

if he's available for a mill why even risk takin him on loan n havin someone else pinch him next season or have him asking for money..BUY HIM NOW!

Maybe we're trying? Who knows which clubs are included in the those who have inquired since the deal feel through? http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/West-Ham-transfer-news-Hammers-miss-out-on-Manchester-City-starlet-Felipe-Caicedo-after-admin-gaffe-by-Avram-Grant-article562377.html

West Ham looking to sign Obinna? Is he any good?

Good enough for West Ham :lol:

I rate him as a player.He was offered to Liverpool as part of the Kuyt deal.Liverpool not up for it though.

Aquilani will officially sign for Juventus today.Liverpool could have done with him last night.

Cruz to Lazio will be a loan if it happens,I have my doubts about the medical,but we will see.

So i think i read somewhere that to avoid panic buys Sam would like to have all his business wrapped up by Friday. And it seems we are after 1 or 2 strikers and possibly a central midfielder. It seems the next 4 days are crucial to our season.

Sam seems keen on Popov(despite managing to have a quick moan at our budget within this interest) but he is more of a support striker, a creator, although iv never heard of him so im going on what iv read. He seems an exciting prospect, young, able to score and create and we definitely do need someone to consistently help our lone striker from deeper. So id definetly welcome his arrival.

However as he isnt an out and out centre forward we still need an extra body up front, as the only strikers with shirt numbers at the club are Kalinic and Mame Diouf. Its clear our budget is minimal, but the postive to this is that (i hope) Kalinic will be 1st choice and be given a prolonged run of games to build his confidence up and hopefully prove his doubters wrong. However as 2 strikers is definetly not enough we do need some extra competition. Id personally look in the loan market, as instead of bringing in another stop gap on good wages and a longer than necessary contract, this will allow us some more time to scout players and obviously we can hope it will be made alot easier in the future IF we get taken over. Also i think we could find more quality in a loan, someone like Jo or Caicedo who wont get into their 25 man squad, and we could subsidise part of his wage and perhaps look to sort out a more permanent deal in the future if he delivers while here.

However with Benjani and Perea on trial it seems Sam is mainly looking at free agents. Even if we did get Popov id be against getting Benjani as hes getting on, i dont rate him, he has a record of injuries and i think theres got to be better options out there, even free agents. For example i can think of Perea, Ilan and Franco all seem better options as 3rd choice, but at least Sam has had Benjani at Brockhall for a couple of weeks to make sure his fitness is OK. And it does seem the majority of free agents up front with any real quality will have been snapped up by now.

We also ideally could sign another centre midfielder before the deadline, however its clear we are skint at the moment and we need a striker as a priority. However if we dont use our second loan on a striker, i think it would be a good idea to try and use it on another centre mid. It would seem a bit shortsighted to not use the maximum 2 domestic loans when we have hardly any money.

. . . but at least Sam has had Benjani at Brockhall for a couple of weeks to make sure his fitness is OK. And it does seem the majority of free agents up front with any real quality will have been snapped up by now.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201008231148.html makes it sounds like Benjani still has some pride and confidence. If Sam thinks he's fit, I'd support giving him a chance. He's got the skill and experience, its whether the knee will hold or not.

Sam has said Jason Roberts will be available to play if he is not sold and is out of the squad at present to avoid the risk of injury. However with Andrews Chimbonda and Grella all getting injured in training that might not be a smart move!

Popov sounds like he is very versatile and could play in that crucial hole roll behind the lone forward. If he can make sure there is less distance between the front man and the rest of the team he could make a huge difference to our season.

"As I speak I am training with Blackburn Rovers but I have three teams that are after my signature.

"I am still weighing to see which club to join. So by Monday (tomorrow) I will be in position to tell which club I'm joining?

The fact that there are other clubs may mean he expects a higher wage. I hope we don't offer him a high wage, we hold the aces really considering his injuries, although id rather look elsewhere anyway.

Sam has said Jason Roberts will be available to play if he is not sold and is out of the squad at present to avoid the risk of injury. However with Andrews Chimbonda and Grella all getting injured in training that might not be a smart move!

Have you got any quotes from Sam that say hed reconsider Roberts if he stays? Also the offical website wont load the 'easy squad selection' page, does it say how bad the injuries are?

Have you got any quotes from Sam that say hed reconsider Roberts if he stays? Also the offical website wont load the 'easy squad selection' page, does it say how bad the injuries are?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/150547/Blackburn-Rovers-striker-Jason-Roberts-will-play-if-not-sold/

Also, according to http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/ (not the most reliable by any stretch, I know), we are going to sign Georgios Samaras for 1.5 million and Vince Grella (August 24 at 46:16) and Hoilett is going to Walsall for a month long loan (August 24 at 49:08).

Absolutely. Pedersen is the best player in the club by some distance, the lynchpin of the team and the first name down on the team sheet when the manager selects his side. If we had 11 players like him with the same attitude and ability we would be knocking on the door of the CL every season.

Either this is a blatant troll, you've forgotten your meds again Jim, or a very thinly veiled 'coming out'. Come on Jim, which one?

Pedersen is an average player who's main asset is that he's hardly ever injured. Best player? Funny that, don't recall him picking up either the fans or players player of the season in his 5 years at the club.

He is the best player though .... if you discount Dunn, N'Zonzi, Samba, Niko, Givet, Olsson, Nelsen, Jones and even Diouf on current form. Be honest - which of those would you rather lose than Pedersen?

Maybe we're trying? Who knows which clubs are included in the those who have inquired since the deal feel through? http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/West-Ham-transfer-news-Hammers-miss-out-on-Manchester-City-starlet-Felipe-Caicedo-after-admin-gaffe-by-Avram-Grant-article562377.html

Am I missing something here, or does that story just not make sense? It says he can't loan Caicedo and GENOA'S Anthony Vanden Borre because it would go over his domestic quota?!? When did Genoa sign up with the FA?! I think I must be missing something, somebody please correct me, because there is no way a professional journalist can be that stupid. I'm just tired and not reading it right...right?

Absolutely. Pedersen is the best player in the club by some distance, the lynchpin of the team and the first name down on the team sheet when the manager selects his side. If we had 11 players like him with the same attitude and ability we would be knocking on the door of the CL every season.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one!!

Am I missing something here, or does that story just not make sense? It says he can't loan Caicedo and GENOA'S Anthony Vanden Borre because it would go over his domestic quota?!? When did Genoa sign up with the FA?! I think I must be missing something, somebody please correct me, because there is no way a professional journalist can be that stupid. I'm just tired and not reading it right...right?

I remember nicko also saying that the new rules would mean that Championship->PL loans (Ben Haim) wouldn't count towards the domestic quota. I wonder what the new rules actually are..

The fact that there are other clubs may mean he expects a higher wage. I hope we don't offer him a high wage, we hold the aces really considering his injuries, although id rather look elsewhere anyway.

Three club rule still applies to players. If he's got three other clubs chasing his signature why's he been training with us for what feels like months?

I remember nicko also saying that the new rules would mean that Championship->PL loans (Ben Haim) wouldn't count towards the domestic quota. I wonder what the new rules actually are..

Ok sure, but either way my point was that the reporter seemed to think Genoa would count as a domestic loan. Sorry if you weren't really saying this in direct response to my post though

The West Ham Caicedo collapsed transfer excuse is full of holes.

If you bring in a player from abroad on loan it is counted as an 'international transfer' and not a loan...

I think it fell down over terms rather than anything else.

His agent was putting him elsewhere as of Friday.

You could be interested.

Right now it looks like Popov and Benjani, but clearly if you can get a better version of Benjani - big, strong and quick - it would tick the boxes.

Popov's delay sounds down to details over price, but surely that can be done.

The West Ham Caicedo collapsed transfer excuse is full of holes.

If you bring in a player from abroad on loan it is counted as an 'international transfer' and not a loan...

I think it fell down over terms rather than anything else.

His agent was putting him elsewhere as of Friday.

You could be interested.

Right now it looks like Popov and Benjani, but clearly if you can get a better version of Benjani - big, strong and quick - it would tick the boxes.

Popov's delay sounds down to details over price, but surely that can be done.

Nicko, happy to see you back. :tu: Any idea why there would be an issue with the asking price for Popov? The litex Lovech website claimed, that a 1.5mill deal had been agreed between the 2 clubs.

Nicko, happy to see you back. :tu: Any idea why there would be an issue with the asking price for Popov? The litex Lovech website claimed, that a 1.5mill deal had been agreed between the 2 clubs.

I've heard its over wages, apparently Popov wants 20K a week but we want to pay him 35K and he feels he not worth that. <_<

Nicko can I ask when did Banjoni become quick? I truly hope we can find something better. Any idea what sort of deal we are considering offering him?

Archived