BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

Just a bit of an update...you definitely want TWO strikers or forwards to be more precise.

Popov is on, but is seen as one to come through rather than go straight into the side.

But there is a move on for a more ready-made player. Names getting tossed into the hat and still being watched.

Benjani remains the 'back stop' if all else fails.

Another thing is sure - nobody expects any extra money before the window shuts.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a bit of an update...you definitely want TWO strikers or forwards to be more precise.

Popov is on, but is seen as one to come through rather than go straight into the side.

But there is a move on for a more ready-made player. Names getting tossed into the hat and still being watched.

nice update - presume the 11 O`clocker may be making a return this evening ?

That's good news Nicko, any idea on cost of the ready-made striker, assuming Popov costs £1.5m? Would money be coming only if Roberts or others were to leave?

Still being watched? Surely we have to move for one in the next day or so.

presume the 11 O`clocker may be making a return this evening ?

That was it. ;)

any idea on cost of the ready-made striker, assuming Popov costs £1.5m? Would money be coming only if Roberts or others were to leave?

There are a couple of loans or loan-with-a-views getting a mention...from other countries.

If Roberts went - and that is one almighty if - then there would be money. But nobody is expecting Christmas to come early on that one.

The figures quoted last week - £750,000 plus £250,000 in add-ons as well as £33,000-a-week wages still apply.

If Nicko is correct, suggest we will end-up with someone nobody has mentioned.

I've mentioned Akpala over the last two days and one of my clients has got £50 on at very nice odds (loan or permanent) - he's not without, however, he doesn't throw his money about wildly!

Watch this space !

If Nicko is correct, suggest we will end-up with someone nobody has mentioned.

I've mentioned Akpala over the last two days and one of my clients has got £50 on at very nice odds (loan or permanent) - he's not without, however, he doesn't throw his money about wildly!

Watch this space !

Where can one get odds as to the next signing for Rovers?

Roberts better than Benjani?? Never!

What has Benjani EVER done? He had one hot streak at the beginning of a season for Pompey and that's it. He scores a goal every four games and nearly a third of his career goals came in on and a half years at Jomo Cosmos!

Roberts has better Prem pedigree in terms of experience and goals and while his stats are't miles better (they are, but not by a lot) it seems strange that you rate the players so far apart. To me, they're fairly alike, except Benjani clearly has something very wrong with his knees.

A like for like swap isn't the end of the world, and I wouldn't be as gutted as the majority on here seem to be, but if I had a choice I'd probably choose Roberts, especially as he does a great job as a bullying impact sub.

What has Benjani EVER done? He had one hot streak at the beginning of a season for Pompey and that's it. He scores a goal every four games and nearly a third of his career goals came in on and a half years at Jomo Cosmos!

Roberts has better Prem pedigree in terms of experience and goals and while his stats are't miles better (they are, but not by a lot) it seems strange that you rate the players so far apart. To me, they're fairly alike, except Benjani clearly has something very wrong with his knees.

A like for like swap isn't the end of the world, and I wouldn't be as gutted as the majority on here seem to be, but if I had a choice I'd probably choose Roberts, especially as he does a great job as a bullying impact sub.

Agree with everything you said but for the fact that Roberts is on £33K a week and presume Benjani would be pay as you play and somewhere in the teens according to Nicko's earlier comments.

It's really depressing when we have to discuss which one is best(or who sucks the least), Benjani or Roberts... :(

Could be worse....

I can't think of anything right now, but there has to be something.

At least you have your health, which is more than can be said for Benji.

Franco?

Don’t you have a spitting competition to win or something?

I keep waiting to see if anyone else thinks the same way as me on this one.

Rovers have got about £2.5m (the Benni saving)for a new player this summer and that has got to cover all of the transfer fee, wages and agent fee. That looks like being Popov.

Sam and Roberts had a falling out in Australia but Sam had already decided to say goodbye anyway so another forward is needed in addition. Roberts goes if anyone can stump up the £1m for him and Benjani is here as insurance in case the Roberts sale happens too late to use the fee received and wages saved on another target.

If nobody stumps up the £1m for Roberts, nothing is lost, nothing gained- we still have Jason super fit because he has trained for a new start and Benjani could stay or go very much on our terms. Considering he is six months from permanent residence, all he would cost us would be a Championship wage (where else would he go?) plus Premier League bonuses if he gets on to the pitch and performs.

Yes doing something about midfield would be important if we had the cash but with Dunn, Emerton, MGP, EHD, Grella, Olsson, Hoilett, Andrews, Nzonzi, Lingazi, Marsh, Doran, Judge and now Jones we are hardly short of options there or competition for places.

FRANCO [THE MEXICAN ONE] - is due to join Wigan on a one-year deal today...decent business.

PEREA - no idea how he has done but the fact that you are still chasing other forwards may tell its own story.

VAUGHAN - found out why he won't be going anywhere fast...Everton want £15,000-a-week to loan him and a fee of £1.5 million or so with the player wanting £20,000-a-week in wages if he goes anwyhere full-time...somebody may do it on deadline day though.

It's really depressing when we have to discuss which one is best(or who sucks the least), Benjani or Roberts... :(

If thats what it comes down to i think i'd rather keep Roberts , maybe Popov will come in for the £1.5m as mentioned , but i would still like to see a experienced PL striker to compliment him Kalinic and MB Diouf

Archived