BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PEREA - won't be signing...has an injury...poor on trial...may even be with a Championship club on trial already.

POPOV - agent at the game last night...sorting out fine-print figures by the sound of it.

Nice - what do we know about Popov BTW - tall, fast, good in the air, good with his feet, tricky, powerful, can finish ? Or is all that wishful thinking :-)

Nice - what do we know about Popov BTW - tall, fast, good in the air, good with his feet, tricky, powerful, can finish ? Or is all that wishful thinking :-)

Talented player, nice skills, sees the game, a 'second striker' or David Dunn type. The word is he isn't ready to go right into the team. So that is still a factor as the financial details for him and his agents are finalised.

Not by the post but in the final furlong.

The Swedish boy Advic has had a mention before and has been watched recently. The same details and profile seem to apply to him...wonder if it is one of the other?

Talented player, nice skills, sees the game, a 'second striker' or David Dunn type. The word is he isn't ready to go right into the team. So that is still a factor as the financial details for him and his agents are finalised.

The Swedish boy Advic has had a mention before and has been watched recently. The same details and profile seem to apply to him...wonder if it is one of the other?

Certainly more happy that he is a off the striker player, we need to be playing Kalinic as much as possible and Dunn's position certainly needs cover.

Sorry but signing players because they want to play for us is only one part of the equation. We need players who will improve the squad as I'm sure there are 1,000's of footballers out there who desire to play for us. At the end of the day if no-one comes in for Roberts I'm sure when called upon he will do his best.

I agree Maj, I know little about Benjani but I feel signing him gives us more options than we have now. I'm not talking a 3 year deal, I'd be looking at more like a short term pay as you play deal with the chance of a more permanent deal dependant on performance related contributions.

I agree Maj, I know little about Benjani but I feel signing him gives us more options than we have now. I'm not talking a 3 year deal, I'd be looking at more like a short term pay as you play deal with the chance of a more permanent deal dependant on performance related contributions.

Fair do's.

I just don't see the point in signing a 33 year old with dodgy knees and a really poor goal scoring record. People on here are saying he brings others into play and yet forget that our midfield our about 40-50 yards aay from him, he will struggle to do it.

For me even wasting 15K-20K a week on him is pointless and I'd far rather just loan a player if that's the case. Roberts brings far more to the table and given we are not looking like we are going to shift him, we shouldn't bother with Banjoni. Roberts knows our players, knows the system and at 30K+ a week is going nowhere. The takeover won't happen before the window closes and when I also consider that the January sales in football are the polar opposite to the high street ones, well we will most likely need someone for the whole season. So I would keep Roberts for this year, let his contract run out, as he will have to raise his game to either, find another club or gain a new one. Which hopefully can only benefit rovers on the pitch and then look to replace him next summer once we have been taken over (fingers crossed).

Paul Furlong? He's still knocking around i'm sure, might be a better option than benjani...

I ridiculed a poster earlier in the summer for wanting us to take a look at Avdic, looks like the joke is on me now...

Avdic is a big strong lad who can play as a main striker or behind one in a number 10-type position. He has good technique and can head a ball but lacks pace and is quite static. I'm just worried his physical qualities would go amiss in a league such as the PL. He would probably do good to take a year or two in Holland or France first, but that's just my assessment.

i've seen it on an earlier post,i have been speaking to a lad at our birmingham depot and he says there is quite a bit of talk about the possibility down that way.

Well given that Rovers are set up his way, he knows the place and has a feel for it, and with the possibility of a takeover and funds highly likely/imminent, I cannot see this being true.

At Villa he'd have to balance the books once again - he must be sick of having to do that - and the club does seem to be a bit rocky at the moment. Certainly a 6-0 loss to the barcodes suggests all isn't well there.

Add in the differing expectations - Villa went agonizingly close to CL and Cup success last year, and fans will expect similar this year. Given City's spending, Everton having players fit, Liverpool with a new manager, plus Spurs looking promising it's likey these expectations will be very hard to meet. With rovers the expectations are much less - top 10 and a good cup run. I know which one I'd choose if I were Sam.

Archived