BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if we don't get anyone tomorrow....that's it pretty much. The Arsenal game is in 2 days, and BFS has said this is the final week he'll be bothering with transfers.

He also said he wanted all his wheelings and dealings done before the World Cup. I doubt Big Sam would say no if an opportunity presented itself post the Arsenal match.

wacko being a very good choice of emoticon. I warned you 18 months ago to ease off and not to paint yourself into a corner but you chose to ignore me waggy. The club is moving forward very nicely after the suicidal Ince debacle yet because of your own silliness and intransigence you cannot now ever be seen to be enjoying it cos you have said too much in the past and you must think that you would lose credibility. Let me tell you waggy by now you have no credibility to lose in the eyes of the majority of members here. You are 2nd only to Vinjay in respect. I get the impression that you now begrudge BRFC performing well which therefore means that you really want BRFC to fail badly under Allardyce. That imo is selfishness based on personal stupidity and illustrates the very sad situation you've got yourself into. You must deeply regret your idiocy.

That's a good post. Point made pithily, articulately and without undue personal abuse, arogance or general obnoxiousness. :)

Shame about the post immediately above though. :(

I think, that if an opportunity comes around on deadline day, that Sam will have a look. He is giving himself 2 days, to sort a striker out. Imo, Sam will still be asking come the 31st, but it doesnt look good. Popov might be the only 1 in, along with Diouf.

I think, that if an opportunity comes around on deadline day, that Sam will have a look. He is giving himself 2 days, to sort a striker out. Imo, Sam will still be asking come the 31st, but it doesnt look good. Popov might be the only 1 in, along with Diouf.

From my reading of the situation Popov is nearly tied up and Advic looks live so we might get those two in very shortly and be sorted well ahead of the window.

I am a bit surprised we are looking at two young strikers, but I suppose there just aren't cheap experienced players around, Benjani aside. It could be Advic is backup in case Popov deal collapses I suppose, rather than getting both.

Joey, i think credit where credit is due. There are some who are against Sam, and some who are for Sam. Ignore the money situation at Ewood, what we are seeing is a young talented squad being assembled. We are always talking about resale value, but if Syed takes over, then these youngsters will be part of a new chapter at Rovers.

I wouldn't mind that so long as we got a creative central midfielder.

No complaints from me about giving Benjani a short term deal. Niko & Diouf have looked good so far this season and considering we'll only be playing 1 up front, having 3 options is better than 2.

The LT today is reporting that Benjani is about the start talks about joining the Rovers after impressing during his spell training with the club. The report also suggests that the club will try to sign another forward before the deadline. However, the report also states that the Rovers have had a couple of bids for players rejected and quotes John Williams as saying that the "valuations are substantially above what we are prepared to pay."

The LT believe financial differences are holding up any deal for Popov while they state that a deal for Avdic is now unlikely.

All of which suggests that Roberts will be drafted in to add to Kalinic, Diouf and Benjani to make up our four front men in the 25 man squad if no deals are done by Tuesday. As most Premier League clubs are only playing with one up front these days I wouldn't be too unhappy with these four until we see what happens with the takeover and then look at the situation again in January.

Thats OK. No one else wants him so he should be mighty cheap and cheap cover is what we need. He'll also likely be on remuneration that covers for his proneness to injury. We desperately need cover for the other two so it makes perfect sense unless Didier Drogba has some secret desire to play in blue and white halves of course.

All of which suggests that Roberts will be drafted in to add to Kalinic, Diouf and Benjani to make up our four front men in the 25 man squad if no deals are done by Tuesday. As most Premier League clubs are only playing with one up front these days I wouldn't be too unhappy with these four until we see what happens with the takeover and then look at the situation again in January.

Can't really argue with that. They'll no dount be an outburst of "lack of ambition", "we're doomed" etc on here though. Which won't be long now...

Dont believe the Sun article - their is no rush for us to sign Benjani as he's a free agent anyway.....stay clear until the end of the window as you never know who might come available.

It's poker isn't it? Bird in the hand even. There may be a few clubs scrabbling around for him once the window shuts and that would inevitably make him more costly.

Oh dear, what was that i said about panic buys :rolleyes:

Not certain that is the case if Benjani signs because:

1) He won't cost a fee

2) Rovers have had him under very close inspection for a fair time

3) If he is fit then he had a very good season at Portsmouth which is why City signed him.

4) We have no idea what safety clauses are built into a deal. Bear in mind in his case it is very much a buyers market.

Don't necessarily see that as a panic signing - oh, and I wouldn't even wipe my bum with The Scum so I ignore the garbage it prints. So the signing hasn't happened yet.

so now JW stating that the valuations are above what we are prepared to pay. Seriously now, surely JW would know up front what the selling club wants for the player. It just seems as if, we are saying "okay thats fine", and then when we are in talks, we will say, "can we get a 50% discount." :rolleyes:

Why is it unlikely - when this article says that we are going to have scouts present tonight in the game between elfsborg and napoli. I don't get it?

Rovers to watch swede in action

2mill pounds, easy does it.. Just give them the 2mill from the money we received for Benni, plus we will have 500k left

Strange how at the start of the window people were saying "we will end up with Benji or Beattie :(" now people seem to be accepting him as a player. The fruits of our labour throughout the whole of this miserable window will be a young loanee and Benji. Not quite what I had hoped for to be honest.

Archived