BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

What a massive backward step this will be for Rovers.

JW and the board ###### all the money up against the wall and this is what we are left with, a loanee from Man U who we'd never be able to afford and a not fit for purpose migrant.

DAMAGING !

Its JW and the board's priority to place the club ahead of transfer fees which has attracted us as a business proposition to this indian business man at the moment. We are widely regarded as one of the best run clubs in the division because of our board and chairmen. We are about to be bought out because of this. Get a grip.

MYSTERY STRIKER..... I surrender, i accept Benjani, why more torture??????

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who were you hoping to see? Drogba? Rooney? I'm sure your clients will not turn down free ale and food just because we may sign Banjoni as back up.

Whoever we sign will be an addition to our strikeforce therefore another option and back up in case our 2 current strikers in the squad get injured.

It's time for people to open their eyes and remember what club they actually support. I started following Rovers at the back end of the 70's and have seen some real grim times at Ewood, most of us on here enjoyed the glory days (but of course winning the league wont have been good enough for some)and now we are punching above our weight in the best league in the world. If it's world beaters your after go corporate at Old Trafford.

Worth pointing out that I first started watching Rovers when they were in the First Division in the 1960's following them through the grim days of Third Division with Furphy and Tony Field, so please don't insult me.

As a S.T. holder and user of entertainment facilities, it costs me more than a bob or two!

Agree, we are punching above our weight but rank bad management is inexcusable - this can also be traced back to the appointment of Ince & cronies, the damage they did and the millions it cost to get rid of them.

We don't know nobody else has shown any interest do we? Sam has made some cracking signings, if he thinks Banjoni is worth a short term deal then so be it.

True we don't know. However I don't see why he would pass up a solid contract offer from another club to remain on trial here, where we could show him the door at the end anyway. Even more alarming if no one else has offered a trial.

Sam has made some cracking signings, but all managers sign the odd duffer.

Anyway with Nickos latest news of Roberts leaving changes my view slightly

True we don't know. However I don't see why he would pass up a solid contract offer from another club to remain on trial here, where we could show him the door at the end anyway. Even more alarming if no one else has offered a trial.

Sam has made some cracking signings, but all managers sign the odd duffer.

Anyway with Nickos latest news of Roberts leaving changes my view slightly

Nicko said he was on trial at a Championship club but his wage demands were too high (I believe he said £16K per week plus match payments). I imagine the long wait has been due to him finally realising he's not going to get paid like a star until he stays fit and proves himself.

I am on board with the signing if we get rid of Roberts, because the gap between whatever Benjani gets paid and Roberts' alleged 33K per week will be significant.

Agree, we are punching above our weight but rank bad management is inexcusable -

Thats a contradiction if ever I saw one Mike.

Nicko said he was on trial at a Championship club but his wage demands were too high (I believe he said £16K per week plus match payments). I imagine the long wait has been due to him finally realising he's not going to get paid like a star until he stays fit and proves himself.

I am on board with the signing if we get rid of Roberts, because the gap between whatever Benjani gets paid and Roberts' alleged 33K per week will be significant.

We're prob having to help some club out with his wages like City are doing with Cardiff and Bellamy to get him away.

Hows that any better? So no concrete offers (that we are aware of) and only a trial at a Championship Club.

If Roberts goes then ok fair enough, and IF he signs, i will judge him on what he does in a Rovers Shirt.

Out of interest you seem genuinely bothered about Benjanis nationality, why? If he was good in your eyes would it still be an issue?

Anyway in my view it's a decent move would be happy with him and Popov, we'd have a much stronger front line than last season for sure.

Because as a nation we are lacking quality footballers. Seeing the likes of Benjani to me is seen as obstructing one British player its ironic that the expert wants to manage England on the back of this type of action.

Dont get me wrong but if it was Benjani of 4 years ago I would be very happy about him playing for Rovers.

More exciting than Popov or the Swede ? 2nd choice striker ? I do note that most of the strikers we are being linked with, the exception Benjani, have all had youth on their side which compliments BFS`s policy of lower the age of the team/playing squad and building for the future - thunbs up Sam !

This guy is fast and foreign. Down to be watched on Saturday. But things may even move quicker than that.

Well at least we have made 2 offers. I doubt we would have made offers for the first choice (Popov) and the backup option (Avdic), especially with the Popov deal seemingly so close to an agreement. Hopefully the other is the striker option, to get a deal in place should Roberts leave.

If we end-up only with Benjani then that is an absolute joke.

The board at BRFC have a huge amount to answer for - it's 8 months since Benni left - wtf have they all been doing.

The Williams family must be starving to death if JW is so indecisive about the family shopping!

This is absolutely shocking and I'll be voting with my wallet as I will no longer be taking -up some entertainment options pencilled-in with Rovers as none of my clients will be remotely interested in seeing Benjani.

Why not give him a chance? In any case he'll be one of 3 or 4 and persumably won't start but he could surprise us.

I see this as a watershed season anyway, if the takeover goes through we won't be seeing signings like that again for the foreseeable future.

Can someone explain the procedure for acceptance of a deal/registration in the closing minutes on deadline day.

Is something to do with a fax to the FA by closing time.

Nicko, this Mystery Striker is it just ourselves trying to catch him before the finishing line.

From our favourite man on Twitter:

PaulPlunkettLT Blackburn chairman John Williams says they've made offers for two players but valuations between clubs huge.I reckon Popov and Avdic

again i ask the question, if JW knew the price, and if he knew we couldnt afford it, then why the (Please don't use that word again) did he enter into talks, if he knew we couldnt afford it?????? Im actually getting really annoyed right now :angry:

Who were you hoping to see? Drogba? Rooney? I'm sure your clients will not turn down free ale and food just because we may sign Banjoni as back up.

Whoever we sign will be an addition to our strikeforce therefore another option and back up in case our 2 current strikers in the squad get injured.

It's time for people to open their eyes and remember what club they actually support. I started following Rovers at the back end of the 70's and have seen some real grim times at Ewood, most of us on here enjoyed the glory days (but of course winning the league wont have been good enough for some)and now we are punching above our weight in the MOST OVERHYPED league in the world. If it's world beaters your after go corporate at Old Trafford.

I corrected your post for you. Surely no-one still believes the marketing nonsense incessantly pedalled by Sky?

La Liga is the best quality-wise, the Bundesliga the best value, most fan-centric and competitive. Premier League? The best for average players to earn lots of money! ;)

Nicko, this Mystery Striker is it just ourselves trying to catch him before the finishing line.

The club involved have had a few inquiries for him since the start of the season. Rovers started taking an interest two days ago and it seems to be moving along at a pace.

I would think Roberts needs to go first because the fee is higher than some you have been thinking about paying lately.

First come, first served.

The club involved have had a few inquiries for him since the start of the season. Rovers started taking an interest two days ago and it seems to be moving along at a pace.

I would think Roberts needs to go first because the fee is higher than some you have been thinking about paying lately.

Alan, can you advise if he's local or foreign or is that giving too much away?

Not likely to happen then.

Anyone even remotely interested in Roberts at the £1 million asking price?

Archived