BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why does most of our squad players keep getting new 4 year deals then?

Lets put it this way if benjarni stays free on injuries what's to say JW does not promise him a 4 year deal.

Also does anyone know a link to the list of premier league clubs wage bills from last year.

At some point JW is going to have to get his powder wet and pay the asking price for a player otherwise we are going to end up in trouble.

So...you've contradicted yourself in one post? Because Nzonzi & Jones were both thrown into the deep end and have become first team regulars. They weren't sent out on loan to the lower echelons.

We have contact, those synapses are firing - now we just need to work on comprehension.

You have negated your own point.

BENJANI - cheap deal on a free...incentive-based...has to have a chance in the current circumstances...but if he is any good how come he hasn't been signed already?

POPOV - these Bulgarians like a haggle...still likely to be finalised.

ADVIC - probably second choice to Popov...you won't get both.

ROBERTS - may be a sale...which would explain...

THE MYSTERY STRIKER - there is a new one on the radar...may even be exciting...although I won't believe it until it's been denied by the odd twitt.

It's high time to tell the Bulgarians: "you have our offer; take it or leave it. We don't have any more time for playing silly b*****s. Let us have your final decision on our offer within the next two hours or just forget the whole thing"

True, but he has been here for a while now and he still isn't a Rover. And no other clubs have gone for him all summer.

Which is probably because they have not had the benefit of seeing him in training and therefore don't have a clue as to his current form or fitness. Added to which they will be worried that there is most likely some big problem precisely BECAUSE Rovers have not signed yet.

It's high time to tell the Bulgarians: "you have our offer; take it or leave it. We don't have any more time for playing silly b*****s. Let us have your final decision on our offer within the next two hours or just forget the whole thing"

:rolleyes:

If I was the Bulgarian receiving a message like that the last thing I would do is pick up the phone in the stated time.

I suppose the club could take a forward step and put up the price of match / season tickets up in line with other clubs. Maybe this would satisfy the whingers on here, who appear not to understand basic accounts.

If there is no money because the club has reduced prices of tickets, spent other funds on wages, and generaly running of the club. How can you or anybody expect Rovers to splash cash they do not have. Other people set the transfer fees and the wages as well as the agents their price. The club has to compete with not just other clubs in the transfer market who can pay more. But with robbers in the game who charge / demand the pathetic amounts of money for sales and wage etc in todays game.

The reality is, that until things change, Rovers have to shop and make do with whatever they can get in the basement market. Pointless complaining or throwing dolly out of the window. As in all ways of life you make do and get on with what you have. If you can improve, great. If not get on with it. That is life.

PAFELL I dont expect Rovers to splash the cash, and if, or when, the takeover happens, I, certainly don't want to see Rovers paying inflated figures for players. I feel that paying someone who can or does a job well is THE priority for where extra money is spent.

But Rovers are'nt alone in this transfer market which is a good thing, there are many clubs in similar or a worse position. So right now the team is being restructured, and I like what i'm seeing, but the icing on the cake isnt Benjani. If Rovers are to make another attractive signing then I would wish this to happen first, then by all means sneek Benjani in via the backdoor whilst our attentions are clearly focused on the other lads.

Hope that helps.

"La Liga is the best quality-wise"

At least we probably have four clubs with a chance of winning the title - La Liga you can't look beyond Barca and Real Madrid.

Don't kid yourself - it's either Chelsea or Man Utd over here.

Granted, Barca and Real will always be the top 2, (although Valencia have won it fairly recently) but the race for 3rd and 4th is much more competitive than in the Prem, leading to different clubs qualifying for the CL and so a bit more even distribution of wealth. Until City's financiers came along, and Spurs upset the applecart it was the same 4, year in year out for years.

Don't kid yourself - it's either Chelsea or Man Utd over here.

Granted, Barca and Real will always be the top 2, (although Valencia have won it fairly recently) but the race for 3rd and 4th is much more competitive than in the Prem, leading to different clubs qualifying for the CL and so a bit more even distribution of wealth. Until City's financiers came along, and Spurs upset the applecart it was the same 4, year in year out for years.

The main difference was the third place team in la liga finished 22 points behind the runners-up and were nearer to the relegation places!

Which is probably because they have not had the benefit of seeing him in training and therefore don't have a clue as to his current form or fitness. Added to which they will be worried that there is most likely some big problem precisely BECAUSE Rovers have not signed yet.

No they have'nt seen him in training, but they didnt even think he was worthy of a trial to prove his fitness. He's free, and if he was that good, plenty of prem clubs would be after him.

Hopefully this will cheer everyone up a lil, even though its not an actual transfer story..

Quote from BFS on Skysports article:

"Allardyce continued: "Can we afford to play just two in midfield if we are playing Niko Kalinic and Mame Diouf up front, that is the key for me.

"I have to find the answer to that and I think I will. In some games I will go two up top and in others I won't.

"There is a fine line, sometimes it will be a fight between Niko and Mame, and sometimes it will be the pair of them together."

So there you go guys we will be playing 2 up front every now and then (which i think alot of us were hoping for).

And this also answers why Sam wants more strikers (in answer to those sayin if we play 1 up front, niko,diouf and benjani are enough).

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6339583,00.html

Thought Nicko said this was unlikely?

My Swedish guy told me yesterday that he was being hawked around. He seemed surprised that Rovers were watching him - although they are as it happens. Stunned if there was a bid.

I don't think he is top of the list or close to it in this window.

The two 'likelys' are Popov and Benjani.

The surprise bonus will depend on whether Roberts goes or not - and there is enough cash to land someone decent.

Archived