BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

Don't kid yourself - it's either Chelsea or Man Utd over here.

Granted, Barca and Real will always be the top 2, (although Valencia have won it fairly recently) but the race for 3rd and 4th is much more competitive than in the Prem, leading to different clubs qualifying for the CL and so a bit more even distribution of wealth. Until City's financiers came along, and Spurs upset the applecart it was the same 4, year in year out for years.

So you don't think City will break Chelsea and Uniteds dominance ? IMO it will happen sooner rather than later.

Don't kid yourself about more equal distribution of wealth - individual clubs necogiate their own TV deals in Spain - where do you think that leaves the smaller clubs ?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you know if we are close to agreeing a fee for popov?

The trouble with any transfer involving Bulgarians is that there are several people to 'sort out' in the transfer. It's a hard one to broker if you know what I mean.

So there could be potentially 3 strikers come in IF roberts is sold at the right price? SO basically from nowhere the club would have 5 strikers on board

Sounds like Popov is more of a winger/attacking mid than a true striker, much like an EH Diouf or Hoilett. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

I will today go and watch Elfsborg - Napoli at Borås Arena, just got the tickets and then see if I can see some scouts watching the game and Denni Avdic.

Who is rovers scout in sweden/scandinavia?

The guy in the crowd who isn't blonde haired and blue eyed, probably eating a pie and drinking lager and complaining about something.

I will today go and watch Elfsborg - Napoli at Borås Arena, just got the tickets and then see if I can see some scouts watching the game and Denni Avdic.

Who is rovers scout in sweden/scandinavia?

If the Advic interest is live and serious I would think chief scout Martin Glover would be at the game...or one of the staff like Neil McDonald or Steve Kean.

:rolleyes:

If I was the Bulgarian receiving a message like that the last thing I would do is pick up the phone in the stated time.

OK fine. So then you are stuck with a player who badly wants to go tto the EPL and will not be very happy with you at all. Meanwhile Rovers can at least move on and know exactly where they stand in the remaining time before Tuesday at 6 pm.

No they have'nt seen him in training, but they didnt even think he was worthy of a trial to prove his fitness. He's free, and if he was that good, plenty of prem clubs would be after him.

Nor did we until he actually came and trained with us. Remember we were not initially even remotely interested in signing him.......we simply offered him a training facility to keep himself fit until HE (or his agent) found him another club.

So you don't think City will break Chelsea and Uniteds dominance ? IMO it will happen sooner rather than later.

Don't kid yourself about more equal distribution of wealth - individual clubs necogiate their own TV deals in Spain - where do you think that leaves the smaller clubs ?

I don't think they'll do it this season, but if they keep spending as they are now then it's inevitable. Think it will be Man Utd they overhaul as Chelsea have the money if they need it.

Spanish clubs only negotiate individual deals for La Liga games - the Champions League is separate I believe.

Nicko is their any truth in the rumour we are trying to bring Marcus Pedersen to blackburn?

I know he was watched but as of today the names are new ones. I don't think anyone is totally sure who to go for - even at this late stage.

Nice to see your Scottish accent coming across there Nicko... ;)

Never type while you eat. The porridge gets stuck in the keys.

Archived