SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avdic and Popov, yes please!

Not to pick on your specifically, but I've seen this kind of comment written more times than the number of times the people who have written it have seen either of them play.

I could hazard a decent guess than you have never seen either play a full game?

Most of the angry crowd, are the ones with less than 50 posts, surprise, surprise.

I only joined this site early August, so unless I was sat behind my laptop 24/7 it would be a bit difficult to have more than 50 posts!!!

Constructive criticism / challenge is part of life generally - if you can't stand the heat.....................................

If thats true fact then imo Real Madrid and Barca are spoiling a damned good league.

Valencia finished 25 points behind real and 28 behind barca. The gap between 4th and 1st was a whopping 36 points! It's no wonder the big two want to keep their tv rights separate from the rest of the league!

Not to pick on your specifically, but I've seen this kind of comment written more times than the number of times the people who have written it have seen either of them play.

I could hazard a decent guess than you have never seen either play a full game?

I've seen Popov. He was brilliant in Championship Manger 09.

Valencia finished 25 points behind real and 28 behind barca. The gap between 4th and 1st was a whopping 36 points! It's no wonder the big two want to keep their tv rights separate from the rest of the league!

To be fair, that season was not really representative with a broader view of statistics. Real Madrid and Barcelona has been split apart by quite a lot of teams on many occasions, and has only finished in the top two positions 3 times in the last 9 seasons. That in itself is of course quite remarkable, but the La Liga is not the two team hegemony it's made out to be by some.

Cheers for the update neophox. How was the Slovakian Marek Hamsik for Napoli? Him and Cavani are players I would like us to take a closer look at if we get any funds.

Would love to get Cavani if we had some money, he would cost at least 15 million though...

Lowest form of wit.

Horace, Juvenal, Aristophanes, Jonathan Swift, and Mark Twain would disagree with you.

Especially in this case.

Is that a dig?

Enlighten me.

You said –

Clubs would rather sign a foreign, 30-something, with dodgy knees than give a chance to raw youth.

Then -

Because Nzonzi & Jones were both thrown into the deep end and have become first team regulars. They weren't sent out on loan to the lower echelons.

Clearly Sam has no problems throwing raw talent into the team when he feels it is justified. If the player in question would do better than a “30-something with dodgy knees” then by your own admission he would be in the team.

Guardian- City hoarding of players might bring about a Prem loan ban.

Absolutely priceless line-

City consider themselves victims of circumstance: no one will match their players' wages. :lol:

More accurately- But with no limit to the number of players clubs may loan out in any given season, there is nothing to prevent City – whose owner's spending was revealed here yesterday as having reached half a billion pounds – purchasing players who will never get a game for them.

Horace, Juvenal, Aristophanes, Jonathan Swift, and Mark Twain would disagree with you.

Well, if they're so great, how come they're dead?

Clearly Sam has no problems throwing raw talent into the team when he feels it is justified. If the player in question would do better than a “30-something with dodgy knees” then by your own admission he would be in the team.

There's no contradiction. Nzonzi and Jones made the breakthrough because the more experienced players were either injured or unavailable. Nzonzi was admittedly "one for the future", but Grella's inability to keep fit and the lack of midfield options meant he was thrust into action. I'm not saying managers are averse to playing young players, but given the option of a foreigner who's been around the block, or blooding a raw youth, they'll take the first option - especially with English talent. Isn't this obvious by the overwhelming influx of overseas players in the last ten years? However, Sam has to work on one of those tightest transfer budgets/wage bills in the league - which is partly why he's relying on his younger players. However, in this case, he HAS the chance to sign a cheap, foreign mercenary (Benjani) at the expense of a younger player.

Adebayor says he will leave if anyone comes in for him. Not sure we would be viable as "anyone" but who knows if we have some money.

If this were January and Syed had followed through with his plans then he could be perfect, but sadly there's no chance of it happening now.

And there's the rub! Makes it even more one sided and even more disinteresting for the spectators.

If this were January and Syed had followed through with his plans then he could be perfect, but sadly there's no chance of it happening now.

There's no chance of us - even with Syed's money - signing the likes if Adebayor. He's on £125,000 a week - no way we'll be forking out wages like that.

Guardian- City hoarding of players might bring about a Prem loan ban.

Absolutely priceless line-

City consider themselves victims of circumstance: no one will match their players' wages. :lol:

More accurately- But with no limit to the number of players clubs may loan out in any given season, there is nothing to prevent City – whose owner's spending was revealed here yesterday as having reached half a billion pounds – purchasing players who will never get a game for them.

Nothing at all new here. imo MU, Chelsea and the Arsenal have had second teams for many seasons that would finish in the top half of the Prem.

Yet again it is a self preservation tactic that cheats the spectators by preventing them watching the best players and weakening the competition.

Archived