BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And there's the rub! Makes it even more one sided and even more disinteresting for the spectators.

But still superior the the Prem where all the Champions League places invariably go to the same 4 teams. Maybe City will change that, but Liverpool look like they're on the downward slide so for the forseeable future it'll be Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal and City. I'm discounting Spurs as that was a one-off.

Barca and Real might have a near monopoly on the top 2 (but even that is not as it seems - in the last 10 seasons they've Been split by the likes of Deportivo twice, Valencia and Villareal) but 3rd and 4th - and therefore the CL monies - have gone to a wide group of teams over the years.

Add to that the superior quality of the football played, even by the lesser lights, and the games as a viewing spectacle and the argument for the Prem is very weak.

But don't let that stop you believing Richard Keys et al eh? ;)

POPOV - very messy behind the scenes and the clock is ticking loud on this one...figures being changed at all levels...why does everyone leave it so late?

ADVIC - Rovers interest was correct...there WAS an offer...turned down.

BENJANI - you know it's going to happen, don't you.

ROBERTS - was supposed to be going to West Brom yesterday...that will take some negotiating because of his wages and their pay ceiling...

MYSTERY STRIKER - both are still due to be watched this weekend...but I think Roberts has to go to afford the more expensive one of those two...the other is cheaper.

POPOV - very messy behind the scenes and the clock is ticking loud on this one...figures being changed at all levels...why does everyone leave it so late?

But it is no doubt that we hold the strong cards though.

Litex Lovech have gone public with Popov joining Rovers and as Mr E reported even deleted him from the players profile list. He hasnt played the two last games for Litex Lovech.

I guess Elfsborg think they might be getting good money for Avdic after his performance last night against Naples. Vålerenga and Brann also thought that regarding Moa and Huseklepp, but Vålerenga sold Moa rather cheap. I hope and think the same thing can happen with Avdic.

Nicko how far off are our valuations of Avdic compared to that of his club?

At least £500,000 apart...you would pay around £1.5 million, they want around £2 million.

I thought it was Avdic or Popov...but the plan was both by the sounds of it.

I think J-Rob will go to West Brom - it seems like Di Matteo signs a new player every week, he must have itchy fingers.

Both Avdic and Popov I think would prove good business this late on. Not that I have seen them play.

I'll respect the opinions of our Scandanavian fans on here!

So if we manage to ship out Roberts to WBA, does it look likely that we will afford both Avdic and Popov? £2 million for Avdic and around £1.5 million for Popov? Lot of money for us...

No, that WAS the plan, now it seems that provided Roberts leaves, we get Benjani, Popov and one other who remains unmentioned. Id be happy with all of that to be honest. Benjani on his day isnt terrible and provided he's 3rd/4th choice its not the end of the world.

At least £500,000 apart...you would pay around £1.5 million, they want around £2 million.

Sadly, Elfsborg has a quite good bargaining position. They are one of the best run clubs in Sweden, and they sold their left winger Bajrami to Twente for £2.5 million just a few months ago. They are not desperate for money, and with all the other clubs in for Avdic they might just as well wait for a better offer or sell him after the Swedish season instead.

Just put the price of the letter V up in the club shop. Pays for it self.

I dont think 500k is that off for a deal to be struck. When was the offer made and rejected nicko?

It is a high percentage amount of the total fee. I suppose they are just looking to strike the middle ground at £1.75m, maybe link that to performance or something.

They must really like the guy if they are paying that sort of cash for him when we don't have a lot.

Yes 25% is a lot but 500k is not. Less than a position in the PL.

Agreed but the amount is immaterial, it's the percentage difference in the two valuations that matters. If we believe he's only worth the £1.5m why should we be forced to pay the extra £500K just because it's not a relatively large amount of money?

Yes 25% is a lot but 500k is not. Less than a position in the PL.

All things releative I suppose.

If you are in a job earning £600 a week and go out for a meal that costs £50,that doesn`t sound a lot of money to spend.But if you are on the dole being paid less than £100 a week,then £50 is a huge amount of money to spend on something to eat.

Sadly Rovers are the equivalant of being on the dole in terms of spending money on transfers,and are eating leftovers... :blush:

Guardian also reporting that Benjani will join us. He is one of the biggest paradoxes of a player. Never rated him. Cant see him scoring many more if the goal was 2 meter wider and 1 meter higher. But considering our situation, its better to have someone who can do some donkey work up front if the worst injury crisis happens. Still rate Roberts much higher than him.

Archived