BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

I think J-Rob will go to West Brom - it seems like Di Matteo signs a new player every week, he must have itchy fingers.

Both Avdic and Popov I think would prove good business this late on. Not that I have seen them play.

I'll respect the opinions of our Scandanavian fans on here!

My guess would be Roberts to QPR. Warnock was on the radio last week sounding miserable (as usual). What better way to brighten your day than signing a very good Championship striker!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Brom have just signed Fortune, does this mean they aren't after Roberts?

That is the end of the Roberts move to West Brom I would imagine...looks like you are going to be stuck with him past the window...or a subsidised loan to a Championship side when their window re-opens in September more likely...

So we're like a poor man's Man City then?

It has been happening in football at all levels for years. I don't get all of the screaming and wailing about that concept. You have someone you don't want, can't sell or get rid of so you do a compromise.

It's called negotiation.

That is the end of the Roberts move to West Brom I would imagine...looks like you are going to be stuck with him past the window...or a subsidised loan to a Championship side when their window re-opens in September more likely...

We might as well stick with him till his contract runs out and sign just 1 new striker. He always gives of his best, he's rarely injured and he does make it hard for defenders. If he scores a few goals as well then that's a bonus.Why bother spending what little we have now on a striker we won't want in the future?

It has been happening in football at all levels for years. I don't get all of the screaming and wailing about that concept. You have someone you don't want, can't sell or get rid of so you do a compromise.

It's called negotiation.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea if it saves even half of his wages. Was just being facetious.

I wouldn't think we'd loan him out if we don't get anyone but Benjani in. Nicko is this the end of the mystery striker(s) then? Can you name them now?

Both are down to play this weekend and be watched. You have to plan and be aware of their current form and whether anyone else is sniffing and at the games.

Selling Roberts or getting rid on loan would help obviously when it comes to pay-up time.

But as neither Popov nor Avdic [?] have been concluded yet anything is possible in terms of who actually arrives.

Heard from a reliable source that Rovers have failed in bids for TWELVE players in this window.

And, before you ask, I couldn't name them.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea if it saves even half of his wages. Was just being facetious.

The swipe was not aimed at you. I read some nugget writing it was a 'breach of rules' in some posh paper today. Some people need to get a grip.

What's 'Stingier than Arsené' in Latin? Should change our motto to that..:)

Sam wanted to do all his signings before the world cup - didn't happen.

Sam then wanted to do all his signings before the weekend - doesn't look likely.

This window has made it ever so evident that this club is in need of some fresh funding from a motivated owner. I just don't hope the takeover bid is unsuccesful :/

It's called negotiation.

I don't think people are whinging about the concept in general, its probably just the fact in Bellamy's case that it is Cardiff subsidising his City wage, when surely the club taking the player on loan usually pays the majority?

I don't think people are whinging about the concept in general, its probably just the fact in Bellamy's case that it is Cardiff subsidising his City wage, when surely the club taking the player on loan usually pays the majority?

It suited the 'parent' club [Man City] to shunt the little chap to Wales and the Championship. They could have had money from Spurs or a better wages deal from any one of eight Premier League clubs.

They wanted him out of their hair and were willing to pay 75 per cent of his wages.

It is unusual, but as they are picking up the tab they think it is right.

Remember he still has two years at around £90,000-a-week left on his contract at Man City. So they have already accepted they are throwing money at him that [a] they are contracted to and that they don't want to but have to.

I really dont uderstand all this talk of being stingy, tight, etc. Its called being prudent, where is the sense in paying over the odds for someone and threatening the future of the club. Yes it looks like we are being taken over in the near future which is fantastic news but I'd rather wait until that day comes than spending money we havent got. You have to cut your cloth accordingly.

Look at the clubs up and down the league who went chasing these so called stars, paid over the odds with ridiculous wages and contract lengths to be left with a player who doesnt cut the mustard. Hull, West Ham, Pompey, Newcastle are all names that spring to mind instantly. I read all these posts about signing some virtually unheard of player from Europe and we are mugs not to sign them, I'm sure I read the same last year when we passed up on Ghilas..........

I just dont see where the sense is in paying over the top for substandard players, surely we are better keeping the money and reinvesting back into other areas of the club like youth development than signing jelevic, avdic or whoever else has been mentioned. We sign one of these players for say 3million at least on 25K plus a week for 4 years, thats 5.2 million in wages so say the total cost of the transfer is 10 million, what if the they turn out to be bobbins. 10ml is a hell of lot of money to waste for a club of rovers current financial standing.

It shouldn't be ok for teams with more money to hand out players how they see fit. City didn't want bellamy to go to spurs and wouldn't accept that villa didn't want milner to go to them. Subsidising wages to such an extent is handing cardiff an advantage they can't afford and allowing city to keep a player away from their competitors. It may not be against the rules now but it should be.

It's called negotiation.

Bury him in a sack somewhere in the Moors. Problem solved.

Well, if they're so great, how come they're dead?

Because as of yet no one has been able to out write death. He doesn’t read much, but writes the final sentence in all our stories.

There's no contradiction. Nzonzi and Jones made the breakthrough because the more experienced players were either injured or unavailable. Nzonzi was admittedly "one for the future", but Grella's inability to keep fit and the lack of midfield options meant he was thrust into action. I'm not saying managers are averse to playing young players, but given the option of a foreigner who's been around the block, or blooding a raw youth, they'll take the first option - especially with English talent. Isn't this obvious by the overwhelming influx of overseas players in the last ten years? However, Sam has to work on one of those tightest transfer budgets/wage bills in the league - which is partly why he's relying on his younger players. However, in this case, he HAS the chance to sign a cheap, foreign mercenary (Benjani) at the expense of a younger player.

Are you forgetting Andrews?

Doenst matter either way, if Sam thought he was ready he would play him. There is evidence for this argument and none against it, he is one of our managers of late that does not seem shy about using the youth.

I honestly believe that if the player was good enough at the moment he would play. People like Benji are just a quick fix, much like bubblegum stuffed over a hole.

Bury him in a sack somewhere in the Moors. Problem solved.

Should probably consult their lawyers on the legality of that first. Maybe look at the law in some town about it being legal to shoot welshmen with arrows, as long as it's after midnight on Sundays and outside the city walls. Or some such.

It shouldn't be ok for teams with more money to hand out players how they see fit. City didn't want bellamy to go to spurs and wouldn't accept that villa didn't want milner to go to them. Subsidising wages to such an extent is handing cardiff an advantage they can't afford and allowing city to keep a player away from their competitors. It may not be against the rules now but it should be.

Especially when not only are they massively subsidising his wages, they are more or less walking them into the Premier League and subsequently handing them a huge wad of cash that goes along with that.

Archived