BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read that Rovers had a bid of 25m kroner (£2.6m) turned down for Avdic, Elfsborg want around 30m kroner (£3.2m). Bologna have also had a bid turned down. Apparently, Elfsborg are now considering an improved offer from Rovers.

I'm not sure if this is all true, maybe Nicko can confirm/deny.

Oh apologies if it's already been mentioned on here.

I read that Rovers had a bid of 25m kroner (£2.6m) turned down for Avdic, Elfsborg want around 30m kroner (£3.2m). Bologna have also had a bid turned down. Apparently, Elfsborg are now considering an improved offer from Rovers.

I'm not sure if this is all true, maybe Nicko can confirm/deny.

Oh apologies if it's already been mentioned on here.

Those figures are inflated...£1.5m and £2m closer to sums.

In the 12 players Nicko, there were a few very decent names.......Wonder if they were ever realistic.

Been thinking and this is as close as I can get.

DEFINITES

LEWANDOWSKI...beaten by a club he wanted to go to.

DINDANE...went way down the line and stopped...probably a good decision.

PIQUIONNE...dabbled, but backed off over wages.

BEATTIE...wanted on the cheap, but that was difficult given circumstances of fee and contract and Stoke's reluctance to deal.

POSSIBLES

JELAVIC...seemed to be a very strong interest but opossibly too expensive for the present budget...outbid by Rangers though shock horror.

REO-COKER...fee different to what the club thought...player wasn't bothered about moving.

JO...ownership issues.

VAUGHAN...not sure you could call it a bid more a fishing expedition...too expensive for what he is.

HESKEY...came and went.

GREENING...Fulham need replacement first...

STILL LIVE

POPOV...dealing with difficult people...

AVDIC...price difference...

BENJANI...waiting for that last dance at the disco...

Probably missed a few that escaped the radar there.

It would be strange to bid for a free agent 10 times ;)

Strange things tend to happen at Rovers ;)

DEFINITES

BEATTIE...wanted on the cheap, but that was difficult given circumstances of fee and contract and Stoke's reluctance to deal.

POSSIBLES

JELAVIC...seemed to be a very strong interest but opossibly too expensive for the present budget...outbid by Rangers though shock horror.

REO-COKER...fee different to what the club thought...player wasn't bothered about moving.

JO...ownership issues.

VAUGHAN...not sure you could call it a bid more a fishing expedition...too expensive for what he is.

HESKEY...came and went.

STILL LIVE

Perea, Boyd, Guiza, Toni ;)

DEFINITES

POSSIBLES

JO...ownership issues.

HESKEY...came and went.

STILL LIVE

Perea, Boyd, Guiza, Toni ;)

I really dont uderstand all this talk of being stingy, tight, etc. Its called being prudent, where is the sense in paying over the odds for someone and threatening the future of the club. Yes it looks like we are being taken over in the near future which is fantastic news but I'd rather wait until that day comes than spending money we havent got. You have to cut your cloth accordingly.

Look at the clubs up and down the league who went chasing these so called stars, paid over the odds with ridiculous wages and contract lengths to be left with a player who doesnt cut the mustard. Hull, West Ham, Pompey, Newcastle are all names that spring to mind instantly. I read all these posts about signing some virtually unheard of player from Europe and we are mugs not to sign them, I'm sure I read the same last year when we passed up on Ghilas..........

I just dont see where the sense is in paying over the top for substandard players, surely we are better keeping the money and reinvesting back into other areas of the club like youth development than signing jelevic, avdic or whoever else has been mentioned. We sign one of these players for say 3million at least on 25K plus a week for 4 years, thats 5.2 million in wages so say the total cost of the transfer is 10 million, what if the they turn out to be bobbins. 10ml is a hell of lot of money to waste for a club of rovers current financial standing.

I agree, I wasn't being serious about the stinginess. I'm all for spending wisely and within our budget, but that doesn't mean I don't get frustrated with the lack of signings ;)

• Backroom

Talk about cutting it fine, 4 days from now the window slams shut and still 2 players needed.

I think its safe to assume Benjani is one.

Has Popov already passed a medical in case a deal is reached?

Sam wants his business done before the World Cup, Sam wants his business done before Friday (today) - hmmm.

Like many, feel frustrated and disappointed.

Where BRFC are concerned re negotiations & decisiveness, p-ss-up and brewery come to mind,

at least half of those 12 players we have been linked with would not have improved our squad in any way. Heskey, Benjani, Beattie, Dindane, Greening...that sounds like a list of players you would pay money not to see in your team.

Sam wants his business done before the World Cup, Sam wants his business done before Friday (today) - hmmm.

Like many, feel frustrated and disappointed.

Where BRFC are concerned re negotiations & decisiveness, p-ss-up and brewery come to mind,

Whilst I agree no transfer activity this window is frustrating, mostly so because we do have glaring holes in our team, I do have to shudder at some of those mines we side stepped. Our board, with the exception of the Ince debacle, normally do a fine job when players have been targeted. I would rather stretch our pennys rather than gamble and be ripped off. Even of the wife wants a coach purse, sometimes she has to make do with a foreign copy.

Archived