BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I agree no transfer activity this window is frustrating, mostly so because we do have glaring holes in our team, I do have to shudder at some of those mines we side stepped. Our board, with the exception of the Ince debacle, normally do a fine job when players have been targeted. I would rather stretch our pennys rather than gamble and be ripped off. Even of the wife wants a coach purse, sometimes she has to make do with a foreign copy.

Although probably prudent in terms of running the club, there are some horror stories over the years Blake, Dailly, Grabbi etc - many clubs took JW for a ride before he became more 'worldly wise' (I've a friend who was a senior figure at Derby at the time of the Dailly fiasco and he said getting £5m out of Rovers was like taking candy from a baby).

Even if your wife makes do with a 'foreign copy' purse, I bet it doesn't take you over 8 months to sort !?!?!

Unless there's some exciting news in the next hour or so, I think I'm going to drown my sorrows tonight!

PaulPlunkettLT tweeted

I don't know where all rumours came from of Rangers' Kenny Miller to Blackburn Rovers. But there's nowt in it

and...

PaulPlunkettLT

Former Burnley striker Andy Payton is back in the game ... he's the new manager of Burnley FC Girls and Ladies

blackburn have signed benjani 1 year deal

Well at least we have signed someone. And we havent given him 4 years either.

Hope and think he will be better than some people on here anticipate.

Although probably prudent in terms of running the club, there are some horror stories over the years Blake, Dailly, Grabbi etc - many clubs took JW for a ride before he became more 'worldly wise' (I've a friend who was a senior figure at Derby at the time of the Dailly fiasco and he said getting £5m out of Rovers was like taking candy from

a baby).

Even if your wife makes do with a 'foreign copy' purse, I bet it doesn't take you over 8 months to sort !?!?!

Unless there's some exciting news in the next hour or so, I think I'm going to drown my sorrows tonight!

Looks like we got our foreign knock off.

Shipping from china can sometimes take awhile.

Don't drink too much it may be hard to face Tomorrow with a hangover.

Welcome Benjani :rover:

Get behind the players or P off down the road to the turf you moaning scroats. Think I'm gonna trust Sams judgement, who's actually been watching him in training, over a load of of pessimistic goons.

Well as they used to say "we've been and gone and done it now". Let's just hope and pray that it turns out much better than most (all?) expected, and now we do all need to get behind the lad whenever he appears on the pitch in a Rovers shirt. If we don't do that how can we possibly expect the lad to respond in the way we want him to? Fingers crossed for all concerned!!

I am going to be interested to see how the deal is structured, if was willing to accept £16K a week from championship clubs then we cannot be offering him more than that.

He is cheap and hopefully means that we will sign at least one more player before the window closes.

I think the most important thing is that we back Benjani now that he is here, he did not give the contract to himself and the fact that he has passed a medical is a positive in itself!

Get behind the players or P off down the road to the turf you moaning scroats. Think I'm gonna trust Sams judgement, who's actually been watching him in training, over a load of of pessimistic goons.

totally agree. Let's have faith in Benjani and Big Sam judgement of players.

To other potential selling clubs, pre-Benjani we probably appeared pretty desperate so they could try and rip us off, now we aren't quite so desperate we could be in a better position to negotiate with a 'take it or leave it' offer

Bang on mate!

Anyone who puts on the famous Blue and White halves and puts a shift in, get my full support.

Archived