BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

But the problem we have, and what supposedly needed to be addressed this summer was that we had no one who could stick the ball in the back of the net.

The problem remains.

If your comment refers to Benjani then how do we know that is true? Dont know about you but I was at Ewood on Tuesday and saw our signing from Manu hit the net 3 times or does that not count?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ROBERTS - was supposed to be going to West Brom yesterday...that will take some negotiating because of his wages and their pay ceiling...

MYSTERY STRIKER - both are still due to be watched this weekend...but I think Roberts has to go to afford the more expensive one of those two...the other is cheaper.

which unfortunately hands Roberts all the aces in the pack. Getting rid of him will cost us.

I won't boo him, but I won't cheer him either.

And when he scores? What then?

He is free, seems to be cheap wages, and on a 1 year contract. I only see this as a good thing to help us.

Unlike a lot on here until I see him play I can't formulate an opinion on Benjani...... However just to pour some cold water over the thread I seem to rem a few comments like that when the completely useless Robbie Fowler turned up. :unsure:

Not really worth the wait was it!

Under the circumstances though it's probably quite a shrewd signing. If this takeover goes through then realistically we just need to survive this season. Doing this with the minimal outlay/recruitment of average players (all that is available with our present budget) would be an astute move. With finance in place we would have a year to find some decent signings for next season. It's probably better to lose out on place money by finishing 17th rather than fork out £4-5 million plus wages now or in January.

This only goes pear shaped if

1) the takeover falls through

2) We're bottom at Christmas

:rolleyes:

Hope we get another player too, as Benjiani does not fill me with confidence. Still, at least it isn't a £45,000 p/w, 4 year contract.

Benji is a striker, then I hope we sign Popov who is more like a attacking midfielder.. And of course Avdic would be great :P

• Backroom

Let's hope so. might one of them be at the game tomorrow. I would prefer Avdic. Good target man with good techinal skills.

Out of interest how much have you seen of him? I'd never even heard of him till this week

Nicko - "Sam is watching this player: Mr Bean"

Board Members (No Names) - *Types name into Google and Youtube.* "Nicko! He is just the type of player we need, great player.*

Nicko - "Sorry lads, too expensive"

Board Members - "What!? He is such a great player!!"

Never ceases to amaze me. How you reach a conclusion based on a highlight reel!?

If Benjani is fit I think he's a decent addition.

Now thats out of the way, lets get on with making a proper signing.

Agreed, for me he is a much better striker for us than Roberts, mainly as he can head a ball which Jase can't. Hardly overwhelming but as a bit of experience a decent addition.

If we can get Popov too that would be alright for me.

Well i wouldnt 100% trust Sam when he says something like that, anyway the likes of Popov and Avdic have clearly been researched and maybe he just wanted to force a deal with one of them.

However i get the feeling our strikers will be Kalinic, Mame Diouf, Benjani and we will be stuck with Roberts.

My last word on Banjo - Big Sam's comments hardly constitute a ringing endorsement "He has shown us that we think he will be okay to play for us in the Premier League".

Had an interesting evening and dinner with one of my neighbours who is employed in professional football. He reckons Rovers have today been busting a gut to offload Roberts and both the price and JR's wage demands are falling (Nicko - have you a view on that) as they are DESPERATE to bring in Avdic (hope the spelling is right as had a few bevvies) and Popov.

Archived