BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

Had an interesting evening and dinner with one of my neighbours who is employed in professional football. He reckons Rovers have today been busting a gut to offload Roberts and both the price and JR's wage demands are falling (Nicko - have you a view on that) as they are DESPERATE to bring in Avdic (hope the spelling is right as had a few bevvies) and Popov.

It will be very hard to shift Roberts and get a decent fee. The longer you leave it the less chance you have of spending it too...

These are daft days.

Look at the mess N'Zogbia's behaviour is leaving Birmingham, Wigan and about four other transfers in. You leave it late and the whole thing turns to sh!t.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we can get rid of Roberts might big sam be lining up a cheeky move for David Trezeguet? I'm hopeful, considering how seriously he took the potential Guti move! Although he doesn't fit the bill of the quick more exciting youngster! So i'm probably dreaming!!

Ola Toivonen is a Swedish U21 international! 6.4 striker. Although again probably out of our reach!

Would love for us to get the mystery striker we've been looking for all summer before tuesday! Although its not looking likely if previous windows are anything to go by!

I know quite a few people believe we are weaker this season but I disagree.

We have Robbo who I believe imporved as the season went on and we have a much more confident keeper then when we started

Nelson is full of confidence after an impressive world cup campaign

Samba seems to be loving his new role as captain and contiues to improve

Givet - steady - same as last season proabably

Salgado - Now got to grips with the speed of the prem and will benfit from a full pre-season

Jones - Was not even a consideration start of last season and will pushing really hard to replace Nelson

Pederson - much imporved in his central role and has hit the ground running

El Hadji Diouf - Looks to have found and extra yard of pace and also hit the ground running

Olsson - come on leaps in bounds and looks very promosing

Nzonzi - great unexpeteted first season and towards the end of the season you could see him getting more and more confident and started more through balls and 30-40 yard passes as his cofidence increased

Dunn - if he plays as many games as last season so no reason why he cant get 10+ goals again

Kalnic - was not ready at the start of last season now looks to have bulked up and believe he will score 10-15 games this season

We Have Diouf on loan who alredy looks better than di santo and scored 3 more goals already!

Who have we lost Reid - who was always injuried and in the few games last season was very average

Mccarthy - great great player and if we were losing Benni of 2-3 season ago would be a huge loss. It is such a shame than Benni has long gone. He has massive weight issues and if he cant motivate himself to lose weight for the world cup in your home country there is no hope. What has he done at West Ham?

I also feel Benjani is a slight improvement on Roberts

We also have Hoilett,Linganzi, Hanley, Morris, Judge and Doran looking like they have improved and could step in if needed.

I see no reason why we cant imporve on our points tally with our current squad then who knows what might happen in Jan when we hopefully have some money to spend when/if the takeover goes through

We have Robbo who I believe imporved as the season went on and we have a much more confident keeper then when we started

Salgado - Now got to grips with the speed of the prem and will benfit from a full pre-season

Jones - Was not even a consideration start of last season and will pushing really hard to replace Nelson

El Hadji Diouf - Looks to have found and extra yard of pace and also hit the ground running

Nzonzi - great unexpeteted first season and towards the end of the season you could see him getting more and more confident and started more through balls and 30-40 yard passes as his cofidence increased

Dunn - if he plays as many games as last season so no reason why he cant get 10+ goals again

Kalnic - was not ready at the start of last season now looks to have bulked up and believe he will score 10-15 games this season

We Have Diouf on loan who alredy looks better than di santo and scored 3 more goals already!

Who have we lost Reid - who was always injuried and in the few games last season was very average

Mccarthy - great great player and if we were losing Benni of 2-3 season ago would be a huge loss. It is such a shame than Benni has long gone. He has massive weight issues and if he cant motivate himself to lose weight for the world cup in your home country there is no hope. What has he done at West Ham?

We also have Hoilett,Linganzi, Hanley, Morris, Judge and Doran looking like they have improved and could step in if needed.

I see no reason why we cant imporve on our points tally with our current squad then who knows what might happen in Jan when we hopefully have some money to spend when/if the takeover goes through

excellent post IMO, the future is not all doom and gloom as some would have us believe.....

duffbear, on 28 August 2010 - 08:08 AM, said:

Agree it's a good post - keeps things in perspective

Must also remember that Bunn has come in & impressed AND that we have Jacobsen & Chimbonda who are more than capable squad members

As per posting on Arsenal match, just got back - lot of the talk amongst the suits was that JW & Sam have a very hectic 3 days in front of them - the expectation is of AT LEAST one signing.

Fingers crossed. Sam when asked after the game predictably said it was highly unlikely we'd get anyone in now, but we know he's prone to smoke and mirrors.

In portuguese newspaper " O Jogo", there is an article that claims that Popov signed for Rovers for 3 million € after being considered the player of the year in Bulgaria.

"Na Bulgária, o jogador do momento dá pelo nome de Ivelin Popov. O extremo foi considerado o jogador do ano do seu país, à frente do goleador Martin Kamburov (Lokomotiv de Sófia), e o Blackburn Rovers não teve problemas em contratar o jovem jogador por três milhões de euros ao bicampeão Litex Lovech"

As per posting on Arsenal match, just got back - lot of the talk amongst the suits was that JW & Sam have a very hectic 3 days in front of them - the expectation is of AT LEAST one signing.

let's hope so. we need another striker and midfield player like tugay. guess that why he wanted the iranian player. he's abit like that.

We don't need another striker - it's obvious that we desperately, desperately need a creative midfielder who can spot a pass and create decent chances for the strikers we've got. That should be the priority - expecially as Dunny looks miles away from being near match fit.

Dunn's legs have gone. It's not even that he's not match fit - he can't even run anymore.

Was this the same Dunn as last season? How can you make these judgements now? If in 2 months time he hasnt scored or assisted anyone then fine, but dont get dramatic.

We do seriously need a striker. Who did we have on the bench to bring on when we took of our strikers today? Imagine if Niko got injured then what? And no, Benjani is not a suitable answer.

Dunn's legs have gone. It's not even that he's not match fit - he can't even run anymore.

How can you tell the difference between not being match fit and having lost everything after 30 mins against Arsenal? Jesus.

[EDIT] Grella was superb today, didn't put a foot wrong. If he can stay fit I'd be more than happy for him to stay at the club.

How can you tell the difference between not being match fit and having lost everything after 30 mins against Arsenal? Jesus.

[EDIT] Grella was superb today, didn't put a foot wrong. If he can stay fit I'd be more than happy for him to stay at the club.

Because even when not match fit you retain your pace. Dunn never had much, but now he doesn't have ANY. It's no good having the skill to beat a man if he can catch you up within 3 strides.

Archived