BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

Because even when not match fit you retain your pace. Dunn never had much, but now he doesn't have ANY. It's no good having the skill to beat a man if he can catch you up within 3 strides.

You don't have the same pace when not match fit at all. I'm not saying Dunn is back better than ever or anything because you can't tell before he is properly back. He played half an hour.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because even when not match fit you retain your pace. Dunn never had much, but now he doesn't have ANY. It's no good having the skill to beat a man if he can catch you up within 3 strides.

This was all based on 30 mins today? Dunn's game doesnt need pace, his creativity is what we need. Olsson and Hoilett can take care of pace if we need it.

Dunny wasn't fit, that was evident, and I'm sure Sam would have liked not to use him. However we were struggling to create anything at the time and regardless of fitness he has the ability to make something happen even as a one off. It was a gamble, it didnt come off, but it was worth a try.

I know no one will agree but Grella was far from superb! Everything he did was last ditch, he was way off the pace! Arsenals midfield was just miles a head of him, serious weak link today imo. He could be useful against lesser teams, my only worry is that today will be one of his better performances! I can see why Big Sam wanted rid.

• Backroom

To me Dunn looks as fat as he ever has been. Real poor discipline if he can't keep himself in shape.

When he came on today he was huffing and puffing within seconds.

I'm saying it a bit blind as I don't know too much about him but I do hope we sign popov.

And grella had a good game, held everything together in midfield, no idea how anyone can say he wad poor.

I think Sam wanted rid because of his injury problems, he plays him alot when hes fit. It was to be expected that hes a bit off the pace, yet his football brian allowed him to nip in, win the ball and get it to our quicker more attacking players. I would sell him if we got a good offer because of his injuries, but he was better than Jones in that position anyway.

I know no one will agree but Grella was far from superb! Everything he did was last ditch, he was way off the pace! Arsenals midfield was just miles a head of him, serious weak link today imo. He could be useful against lesser teams, my only worry is that today will be one of his better performances! I can see why Big Sam wanted rid.

Grella wasn't superb - but he did what none of our other players seem capable of doing - he tried to hold the ball, he tried to play short passes - and he often got in last ditch tackles. He isn't worth what we paid for him - but he is the best of our extremely limited midfield resources. I would say he is better than Nzonzi at the moment - mainly because of his experience (Nzonzi and Grella would make a good pairing). Biggest problem is keeping him fit !

Dunn's legs have gone. It's not even that he's not match fit - he can't even run anymore.

Theres been a lot of damming comments similar to this in the pub today. Personally think its unfair for big Sam to have thrown him in so early.

Grella, IF we can keep him fit is pretty good. He ran the show against Norwich - okay, a championship team but he was excellent there - and made a pretty good fist of it today. IF he can put a run of games together then will be worth his place and the nearest thing we've got to a Tugay in that role.

Dunn has hardly trained since the Everton match and is therefore 3 weeks with no game - I thought he got better after 10 minutes or so and it would be foolish to write him off just yet.

Also thought that Kalinic was incredibly lethargic.

I'd be staggered, and hugely disappointed if a loan signing and a free are the resultants of 8 months endeavour from JW, Sam and the scouts (all should be fired for gross imcompetence), if there are no incomings before Tuesday based on BRFC activity yesterday and talk I heard today. Missed Sam's comments that Balwer mentioned and likewise think of smoke and mirrors - when sellers know you are desperate..........................

Grella, IF we can keep him fit is pretty good. He ran the show against Norwich - okay, a championship team but he was excellent there - and made a pretty good fist of it today. IF he can put a run of games together then will be worth his place and the nearest thing we've got to a Tugay in that role.

Dunn has hardly trained since the Everton match and is therefore 3 weeks with no game - I thought he got better after 10 minutes or so and it would be foolish to write him off just yet.

I'd be staggered, and hugely disappointed if a loan signing and a free are the resultants of 8 months endeavour from JW, Sam and the scouts (all should be fired for gross imcompetence), if there are no incomings before Tuesday based on BRFC activity yesterday and talk I heard today. Missed Sam's comments that Balwer mentioned and likewise think of smoke and mirrors - when sellers know you are desperate..........................

Grella ran the show against Norwich, my arse, what planet are you from Mike B, specsavers might be worth a call right now for you.

Grella ran the show against Norwich, my arse, what planet are you from Mike B, specsavers might be worth a call right now for you.

His passing was a bit ropey, granted. But he bossed the midfield and looked strong.

It was a poor Norwich side on the night but I was surprised to find out the day after that they were 7th in the Championship but still.

The real question is: why did we take all of our strikers off when we were 2-1 down?

only allardyce knows that! seemed pretty odd to me , but then again why play a defender in midfield and have a midfielder on the bench? it wasnt a tactical masterstroke so it can only be some kind of message to the money men ...."get me some players!!!!"

With respect, I'll have to disagree, Grella was absolutey dire against Norwich- totally off the pace of the game, entirely toothless and his distribution was non-existent.

However, couldn't agree more on Dunny, he was clearly short of match fitness today and he seemed a bit of a wasted sub- which only goes to expose our paucity of creative midfield options.

With any luck we'll sneak in a couple of signings before Tuesday, but i'm not holding my breath. Can only imagine our best bet now is a series of loans until January when *hopefully* we'll have at least a bit of a budget.

Guys, incredible the range of opinions and perspective.

This is what makes football such a great game.

Off to the local now which will be full of Dingles & Leeds fans (and the wives are the worst when it comes to the argy-bargy)!

Guys, incredible the range of opinions and perspective.

This is what makes football such a great game.

Off to the local now which will be full of Dingles & Leeds fans (and the wives are the worst when it comes to the argy-bargy)!

Do you live in Settle?!!

Agree on Dunn comments - felt like a wasted sub. Grella had one of his better games, still think we should sell him. Crying out for a midfielder how can pass to his team mates over 50% of the time. Must be some one available on loan this week. Reckon Jenas could do a job. NRC looked crap on Thursday night for Villa, we should keep well clear.

• Backroom

Grella if he could keep fit and play like today could be a big player for us. If we were to get money for him and not spend it this window it would be a pointless exercise.

Grella if he could keep fit and play like today could be a big player for us. If we were to get money for him and not spend it this window it would be a pointless exercise.

Yeah until he falls over again and is out for ANOTHER six months. Get rid while he is (semi) fit

All this IF he stays fit is rubbish - he has proven over the last 12 months that he CANT stay fit - Get shut of him, Zurab, Roberts, Brown, Chimbonda whenever any opportunity comes up.

Absolutely agree - get shut of them all before any get injured again!

Grella? Superb against Arsenal? I watched the game on tv and couldn't figure out who was playing alongside jones in centre midfield! I'm pretty sure that of the 22 players in the game, he touched the ball least! The first time i saw him on the screen, it was probably close to the 60min mark!

Archived