SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An update but hardly an 11 o'clocker...

MYSTERY TARGET 1 - one of the foreign strikers due to be watched actually signed for another club before he played for his own this weekend.

MYSTERY TARGET 2 - did not do so well and was subbed.

I understand the manager is telling people he doesn't expect to make another signing. He may just be huffy.

Popov seems to take forever and there has been no closing of the gap with the Swede.

After watching yesterday I would say you need a midfielder, but what do I know.

An update but hardly an 11 o'clocker...

MYSTERY TARGET 1 - one of the foreign strikers due to be watched actually signed for another club before he played for his own this weekend.

MYSTERY TARGET 2 - did not do so well and was subbed.

I understand the manager is telling people he doesn't expect to make another signing. He may just be huffy.

Popov seems to take forever and there has been no closing of the gap with the Swede.

After watching yesterday I would say you need a midfielder, but what do I know.

who are the mystery targets? somebody said they see Big Sam going to spain? is this looking at a player or going on holiday?

http://twitter.com/PaulPlunkettLT

There is no point naming the mystery men, just two more names that come and go in a window of madness.

Sam may well have gone to Spain in disgust. He is not a happy bunny.

I guess Big Sam is unhappy about not signing a striker and midfielder. Hope this takeover happens and then Big Sam will have money to spend in January.

if mystery striker 1 signed for someone surely he can be named?

i think the fans want to know the calibre of players were trying to sign.

the last deadline signing i can remember was shabani nonda on loan from roma im hopeful but not confident we'll sign someone with a bit of creativity.

Unless we sign Popov or Avdic it'll be a last ditch desperate deadline day signing (the 4 D's). Not happy about that, we have had more than enough time to make a decent signing by now.

I remember in the spring Nicko said we actually had a little money to spend but the trust/board seem to never agree on how much funds to make available - correct assessment?

There is no point naming the mystery men, just two more names that come and go in a window of madness.

There are lots of unhappy bunnies out there !

To be honest, I've had enough of eight months of utter lies and s---e.

It's a f----n disgrace and I've come to the conclusion that there are lots of people talking total b------s including those two t---s (Pinky & Perky) at the Lancashire Telegraph.

If we've not made at least one decent signing by c.o.p. Tuesday, I'll tell f----n Simon Williams what he can do with his corporate entertaining facilities and believe you me, there are lots of other local business men who feel the same way.

I'm off to the local to get p----d as tomorrow I've a day off.

It's a f----n disgrace and I've come to the conclusion that there are lots of people talking total b------s including those two t---s (Pinky & Perky) at the Lancashire Telegraph.

If we've not made at least one decent signing by c.o.p. Tuesday, I'll tell f----n Simon Williams what he can do with his corporate entertaining facilities and believe you me, there are lots of other local business men who feel the same way.

Have you lost some keys off your keyboard?

I fully understand your frustration but you are directing your anger against the wrong parties imo. Simon Williams and John Williams and Tom Finn for that matter can only operate within the financial constraints imposed on them.

Anything else is very much secondary imo even though I'm not convinced all that mystery striker stuff wasn't just an attempt to appease the fans.

well he knows were the door is ... why have Roberts doing nothing while we finished with the two we did up front on Saturday - more great man management from the self appointed "expert".

I fully understand your frustration but you are directing your anger against the wrong parties imo. Simon Williams and John Williams and Tom Finn for that matter can only operate within the financial constraints imposed on them.

Anything else is very much secondary imo even though I'm not convinced all that mystery striker stuff wasn't just an attempt to appease the fans.

bob on! The names get out when it suits ... smoke screen, and a sh!t one at that.

• Backroom

If we don't sign anyone and people want someone to blame well surely Sam would have to take some small portion of it, whatever budget he is working with however small he has had so much time to get deals done.

However the money men ( whoever makes those calls) deserve the bulk of it.

Hopefully we sign Popov and everyone goes to bed on tuesday a little happier. I am cautious though as every recent deadline day disappoints.

well he knows were the door is ... why have Roberts doing nothing while we finished with the two we did up front on Saturday - more great man management from the self appointed "expert".

Fair point about Roberts, with only two credible strikers to go at it does seem extremely wasteful to have a guy on 33k frozen out of the picture.

Not nearly as wasteful as having four right backs who collectively must be earning around 130k p.w. though.

Archived