BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

Fair point about Roberts, with only two credible strikers to go at it does seem extremely wasteful to have a guy on 33k frozen out of the picture.

Not nearly as wasteful as having four right backs who collectively must be earning around 130k p.w. though.

I really don't see the sense in sidelining Roberts. Yes, Sam wants shut of him, but the guy's fit and available, and always puts in a shift. Exactly the kind of player we could have done with in the second half against Arsenal.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair point about Roberts, with only two credible strikers to go at it does seem extremely wasteful to have a guy on 33k frozen out of the picture.

Not nearly as wasteful as having four right backs who collectively must be earning around 130k p.w. though.

To be fair one of those is a decent left back in Chimbonda and that's where we normally play him. Who's the fourth? Emerton? Also versatile, plays more in midfield.

To be fair one of those is a decent left back in Chimbonda and that's where we normally play him. Who's the fourth? Emerton? Also versatile, plays more in midfield.

Sam signed Jacobsen in the summer, then Salgado. Once Warnock left, he brought in Chimbonda. Three recognised right-backs, excluding Emerton, who can cover there in what is arguably his best position. Surely Sam would have been better off spending that £2.5m for Chimbonda on a REAL left-back?

Have too agree Revidge Blue, seems criminal that we ended up with no forwards on the pitch on saturday and got one without a squad number earning north of £33k a week. But then BFS does know best..

Anyway, back on topic, have to say to hell with buying a forward, we need a midfielder more than a forward until January at least when hopefully we will have a few quid to spend. Got to be a decent loan signing available if nothing else. Jenas, Zhirkov, Michael Johnson, I can think of a few more. However, I think we will end up with another fullback...

RB is the only position Emerton has done consistently well for us in.

Looking at the window as a whole I'm not expecting anyone else in, Sam said he wanted his business done by Friday and we got it - fleurking Benjani

:angry2:

don't we have two REAL left backs in Givet and Olsson?

Givet plays there, but he's really a centre-back and struggles against pace, and Olsson has looked a much better player since moving to midfield.

There are lots of unhappy bunnies out there !

To be honest, I've had enough of eight months of utter lies and s---e.

It's a f----n disgrace and I've come to the conclusion that there are lots of people talking total b------s including those two t---s (Pinky & Perky) at the Lancashire Telegraph.

If we've not made at least one decent signing by c.o.p. Tuesday, I'll tell f----n Simon Williams what he can do with his corporate entertaining facilities and believe you me, there are lots of other local business men who feel the same way.

I'm off to the local to get p----d as tomorrow I've a day off.

MikeB seems like a decent guy who occasionally 'goes off on one'!

I think his frustration is echoed by most supporters and I think that the Rovers' board have shown a lack of respect to the club's supporters with little, and even then possibly misleading, or no communication.

Let's hope we are all pleasantly surprised come Tuesday!

I think his frustration is echoed by most supporters and I think that the Rovers' board have shown a lack of respect to the club's supporters with little, and even then possibly misleading, or no communication.

I think this is a bit misguided, why on earth should the board communicate who they plan on signing to us? What does it achieve?

There are lots of unhappy bunnies out there !

To be honest, I've had enough of eight months of utter lies and s---e.

It's a f----n disgrace and I've come to the conclusion that there are lots of people talking total b------s including those two t---s (Pinky & Perky) at the Lancashire Telegraph.

If we've not made at least one decent signing by c.o.p. Tuesday, I'll tell f----n Simon Williams what he can do with his corporate entertaining facilities and believe you me, there are lots of other local business men who feel the same way.

I'm off to the local to get p----d as tomorrow I've a day off.

The day our club gets its terms dictated to them by local businessmen who think they're bigger than the club they support would be a sad one indeed.

The day our club gets its terms dictated to them by local businessmen who think they're bigger than the club they support would be a sad one indeed.

He's entitled to his view though and any business ignores the views of their customers at its peril.

It's simple, the customer is 'King'.

Suggest that you read some recent articles on Leahy the retiring Tesco guru and the customer principles / focus he adopted.

Spot on.

The rant is pathetic - we have no money - how the fook do you expect us to spend what we havent got? We obviously have a list of available players too but unfortunately no takers - hands are tied and thats the way it goes until Syed takes over.

As for Customer is king?? Why are our prices so low then? Thier money has very little impact compared to the TV money.

well Popov once again wasn't in the Litex squad this weekend, so either he's signing with us, or for someone else...or for no one, and Litex have just massively shot themselves in the foot by leaving him out the squad their past few games for no reason.

My guess is the latter.

At this moment in time I'd say that I feel connned and cheated due to the lack of transfer activity so far, hopefully this will change, but after seeing Samba up front on saturday it definitely feels like we've gone backwards but hey, the deadline hasnt passed but hope is fading.

Unless we sign Popov or Avdic it'll be a last ditch desperate deadline day signing (the 4 D's). Not happy about that, we have had more than enough time to make a decent signing by now.

I remember in the spring Nicko said we actually had a little money to spend but the trust/board seem to never agree on how much funds to make available - correct assessment?

You mean someone like Benjani?

Guest Kamy100

Also heard that Sam is mega peeved with what has gone on this summer and what is going on at the moment. First chance he gets he will leave Rovers, I don't blame him. Effectively this summer if we do not sign anyone else then he will have spent no money on transfers (one loan and one free transfer). These are conditions that no manager would accept/be happy with.

I thought the plan was to have done all our transfer business before the world cup. Still can't believe we only sign Benjani. We still need another striker and deep midfield player like Tugay. If we don't sign anybody before the deadline i would be dispointing. Hopefully we will address it in the next window with hopefully alot more cash available.

Archived