BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this moment in time I'd say that I feel connned and cheated due to the lack of transfer activity so far, hopefully this will change, but after seeing Samba up front on saturday it definitely feels like we've gone backwards but hey, the deadline hasnt passed but hope is fading.

There's all the difference in the world between Samba going up front for the last few minutes and STARTING up front. If we are 2-1 down and chasing an equaliser I assume we will often throw Samba up there as the last roll of the dice. That is not going backwards.

Also heard that Sam is mega peeved with what has gone on this summer and what is going on at the moment. First chance he gets he will leave Rovers, I don't blame him. Effectively this summer if we do not sign anyone else then he will have spent no money on transfers (one loan and one free transfer). These are conditions that no manager would accept/be happy with.

I totally understand where Big Sam is coming from. Where has the Benni money gone? I personally hope that Big Sam will stay and the new owner will give Big Sam money to spend and improve the squad.

If this transfer period doesn't prove that the Trustees could care less for the club, than I'm afraid nothing will...they have been hiding behind the "pending takeover" in order to do absolutely nothing...and where has the McCarthy money gone that Sam was promised...like every other transfer fee, it dissapears..absolutey shambolic behavior and I for one can't wait til the Trustees are OUT

Although Kamy I'm pretty sure he knew the financial restraints of the club pretty early doors when he saw the standard of players that had headed out of the exit door and the replacements that had been funded. My view of the transfer window is that alot of clubs are finally getting tired of players and agents calling all the shots in the moves. We have tried and failed all summer to freshen the squad I'm guessing we got down to talking terms to a good few players and their demands were too great. We have been burnt by the frightening terms and conditions we have given to now unused players (zurab & Roberts to name a few) so maybe we have been put off by the wage demands of these to be quite honest pretty unknown European players.

I can't see why the Trust could not just bankroll Sam for one of his targets. It would surely have meant only an additional £1m or so (maybe less) to land one of the players he was chasing. The "small" loan sum could have been added to the club's debt/ overdraft and it would have been recovered in about 1 month or so when the club is actually sold to Mr. Ali. I am sure he would not mind that happening as it would improve the squad and keep Sam and the fans happy. Seems a no-brainer to me.

There's all the difference in the world between Samba going up front for the last few minutes and STARTING up front. If we are 2-1 down and chasing an equaliser I assume we will often throw Samba up there as the last roll of the dice. That is not going backwards.

It is going backwards as he only has TWO young kids upfront to chose from, once they were exhausted Rovers had nobody else to call on. We've had all summer to sort it out and havent done so.

The last roll of the dice, too right, we are in the doo doo now if things arent sorted and improved by this tuesday teatime.

Also heard that Sam is mega peeved with what has gone on this summer and what is going on at the moment. First chance he gets he will leave Rovers, I don't blame him. Effectively this summer if we do not sign anyone else then he will have spent no money on transfers (one loan and one free transfer). These are conditions that no manager would accept/be happy with.

Aston Villa came out with a statement today saying they are looking for an 'experienced premier league manager'. There isn't many more experienced managers at this level than Sam.

Thinking about it the system there would perfect for Sam, Villa play a direct style of play but as a bonus they also have the pace and support to back up that forward.

If what you say is true then i guess we better hope that a takeover goes through and there is the promise of some funds in January. If we are stuck with the current owners or no funds are made available then Sam might seriously consider leaving, unless of course Villa approach Sam before the takeover situation is resolved one way or the other- lets face it if that happens then he is gone imo.

There are lots of unhappy bunnies out there !

To be honest, I've had enough of eight months of utter lies and s---e.

It's a f----n disgrace and I've come to the conclusion that there are lots of people talking total b------s including those two t---s (Pinky & Perky) at the Lancashire Telegraph.

If we've not made at least one decent signing by c.o.p. Tuesday, I'll tell f----n Simon Williams what he can do with his corporate entertaining facilities and believe you me, there are lots of other local business men who feel the same way.

I'm off to the local to get p----d as tomorrow I've a day off.

What a clown you are!! You and your corporate fools aren't worthy of watching my beloved BRFC with that kind of attitude!! Regardless of the situation we find ourselves in i'll support this football club and will always be there so to read utter rubbish from a fellow so called fan is pathetic!! Go and find some prawn sandwiches 35 miles away no doubt their corporate hospitality will suit you fine people like you do my head in as you just dont seem to live in the real world!!!

Aston Villa came out with a statement today saying they are looking for an 'experienced premier league manager'. There isn't many more experienced managers at this level than Sam.

Was thinking that too...

If this transfer period doesn't prove that the Trustees could care less for the club, than I'm afraid nothing will...they have been hiding behind the "pending takeover" in order to do absolutely nothing...and where has the McCarthy money gone that Sam was promised...like every other transfer fee, it dissapears..absolutey shambolic behavior and I for one can't wait til the Trustees are OUT

To play devil's advocate the Club might argue that that money has been swallowed up by improved contracts to people like Olsson, Nzonzi, Jones, Hoillet, Hanley etc. etc.

That's by the by and a fact of life. The reality of the matter is that in amongst all the dross this summer we seemingly had the chance to pick up a potential diamond or two such as the Polish striker or Jelavic and Sam needed some financial backing "on account" to do some wheeling and dealing.

Are you Vinjay in disguise ? :lol:

Guest Kamy100

Would he leave with potentially up to £100m to spend in the next transfer window/summer? I expect he's already writing out his shopping list.

Maybe Sam isn't as impressed with Mr Ali as much as we are.

if the takeover doesn't happen for some reason i fear we will be in big trouble,the problem i have is JW announced we would have money to spend from benni sale and finishing higher than expected but where is it?also dunn is our key player and if he doesn't regain his fitness we have no one capable of unlocking defences,if we sign no one sam better put roberts in the 25.

If the takeover doesn't happen for some reason, I fear we will be in big trouble. The problem I have - JW announced we would have money to spend from the sale of Benni and finishing higher than expected, but where is it? Further, Dunn is our key player, and if he doesn't regain his fitness, we have no-one capable of unlocking defences. If we sign no one, Sam better put Roberts in the 25.

Smooches.

Maybe Sam isn't as impressed with Mr Ali as much as we are.

Kamy do you know that or just guessing? You would have thought that Mr Ali or his people would have at least spoken to Big Sam. Didn't Mr Ali say that he wanted to keep Big Sam and give his money in January to spend.

Back from the pub and less p----d than I anticipated.

I've taken a bit of a slating from some, however, some have been more sympathetic!

Firstly, if I ran my business like BRFC, I would quickly lose all my clients.

What do my clients expect - honesty, integrity and to act in their best interests at all times, keeping them fully informed.

Do I expect to be told who Rovers might be chasing - NO.

Do I expect to be told that Rovers are skint and can't afford any signings - YES; for Pete's sake (whoever the hell he is), be open and honest with your supporters and customers.

Do I have the right not to commit to spending substantial sums on entertaining clients if I don't like what Rovers are offering - YES.

It was intimated to me back in April that Sam would have a budget of c£5million - clearly, this is total nonsense.

We all have the right to an opinion and I respect the opinions voiced on here and therefore I hope people would respect my choices, opinions etc.

We are skint in the middle of a recession and yet people expect us to throw money around to sign some unknown world beater!! Football died for me when i opened my wageslip 2 days ago and was happy that my extra sunday earned me an extra ton then i heard Ya Ya Toure was on nigh on a million pounds for the same period!! People need to get a grip of reality whilst this country is in crisis and jobs are going all over the place some of you are expecting quality players at unbelievable prices when in reality we should be grateful for what we've got!!!

What a clown you are!! You and your corporate fools aren't worthy of watching my beloved BRFC with that kind of attitude!! Regardless of the situation we find ourselves in i'll support this football club and will always be there so to read utter rubbish from a fellow so called fan is pathetic!! Go and find some prawn sandwiches 35 miles away no doubt their corporate hospitality will suit you fine people like you do my head in as you just dont seem to live in the real world!!!

You are a joke !

I've been supporting the club since 1964, mainly as a season ticket holder and also in recent years as a taker of corporate hospitality.

What have you done for the club ?

MikeB, if you've been supporting the club since 64 you've seen much worse times than these. We're on the back of a 10th placed finish in the top flight of English football.

We'd all like to have signed more players but it may have escaped you that we're currently in the middle of a takeover. Fairly obvious that there won't be funds made available until thats all done and dusted.

We are skint in the middle of a recession and yet people expect us to throw money around to sign some unknown world beater!! Football died for me when i opened my wageslip 2 days ago and was happy that my extra sunday earned me an extra ton then i heard Ya Ya Toure was on nigh on a million pounds for the same period!! People need to get a grip of reality whilst this country is in crisis and jobs are going all over the place some of you are expecting quality players at unbelievable prices when in reality we should be grateful for what we've got!!!

There are two groups of people whom will never suffer in a depression – professional sports stars and preachers. People need distraction and hope in equal measure.

P.S.

You are quite right, why would the trust wish to spend money on something they are selling. If the club owed them money and the fee for Big Mac was lying around, one would imagine that wedge would go in the back pooch pretty smartish.

Kamy do you know that or just guessing? You would have thought that Mr Ali or his people would have at least spoken to Big Sam. Didn't Mr Ali say that he wanted to keep Big Sam and give his money in January to spend.

Chaddy will you be my friend?

Archived