BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

You are a joke !

I've been supporting the club since 1964, mainly as a season ticket holder and also in recent years as a taker of corporate hospitality.

What have you done for the club ?

MikeB, we are probably fairly unique in the footballing world in having unwilling owners who had the Club dumped on them in the first instance and who now can't wait to get out.

I'd urge you to stick with it at least until we get new owners and see how you feel about things then.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MikeB, if you've been supporting the club since 64 you've seen much worse times than these. We're on the back of a 10th placed finish in the top flight of English football.

We'd all like to have signed more players but it may have escaped you that we're currently in the middle of a takeover. Fairly obvious that there won't be funds made available until thats all done and dusted.

He must be having a mid-life crisis....or going through the change :rolleyes:

He must be having a mid-life crisis....or going through the change :rolleyes:

What change is that?

The moon is not full tonight, and I still think that operations of that nature are hard to come by.

Please tell me, trivia is like a drug to me. Or do you still have me on ignore from my last outburst when you winked at me?

We'd all like to have signed more players but it may have escaped you that we're currently in the middle of a takeover. Fairly obvious that there won't be funds made available until thats all done and dusted.

It's probably the case but I'm not sure I agree with the reasoning.

If you're awaiting completion of the sale of your house and you get a bloody great hole in the roof you don't leave it to rain in until the sale goes through (if it does indeed go through)

And of course the Club have repeatedly claimed "It's business as usual"

You are a joke !

I've been supporting the club since 1964, mainly as a season ticket holder and also in recent years as a taker of corporate hospitality.

Supported the club since the early 80s and spent my last penny on many occasions to follow my beloved football club and would still do it if we ended up in league 2 as i'm a Rovers fan end of!!! Going off your comments you and your corporate boys wouldn't entertain it but who am i to say what you should and shouldn't do!!! A bit of realism wouldn't go amiss from time to time as its obvious that we aren't in a position to splash to cash on big name players but hey why not sit in the cheap seats for a change when your rich boys refuse to turn up and enjoy your hospitality then you might understand a bit of where i'm coming from!!

Supported the club since the early 80s and spent my last penny on many occasions to follow my beloved football club and would still do it if we ended up in league 2 as i'm a Rovers fan end of!!!

You are a joke !

It's turned in to a bit of a "my dads bigger than your dad" kinda thread...

Supported the club since the early 80s and spent my last penny on many occasions to follow my beloved football club and would still do it if we ended up in league 2 as i'm a Rovers fan end of!!! Going off your comments you and your corporate boys wouldn't entertain it but who am i to say what you should and shouldn't do!!! A bit of realism wouldn't go amiss from time to time as its obvious that we aren't in a position to splash to cash on big name players but hey why not sit in the cheap seats for a change when your rich boys refuse to turn up and enjoy your hospitality then you might understand a bit of where i'm coming from!!

Seedstral - I do, my season ticket is in the Blackburn End and I take corportate facilities about half a dozen times a year and I hate it but I need to keep my key clients (customers) happy!

It's turned in to a bit of a "my dads bigger than your dad" kinda thread...

Don't judge a book by its cover!

To be honest lately it seems that you try to fit the fact that you take out hospitality packages in as many posts as you can.

Yes we all think you're a super rich and succesful businessman now stop going on about it.. You're startin to sound like Mrs Bucket off 'keeping up appearances'

Back to transfer talk..

I really think its becomin unlikely we'll get anyone else in..popov being our only hope.

But Bfs has to accept its partly his fault by showing how desperate he was to sell roberts. As soon as we all knew he didnt get a squad number we realised everyone will know we're desperate to get rid n wont pay our asking price.

Back to transfer talk..

I really think its becomin unlikely we'll get anyone else in..popov being our only hope.

But Bfs has to accept its partly his fault by showing how desperate he was to sell roberts. As soon as we all knew he didnt get a squad number we realised everyone will know we're desperate to get rid n wont pay our asking price.

That makes no sense at all. One would imagine that they would assume that that is he bottom sale price wouldn't they?

And don't beat up on mike with your class envy rhetoric. No one ever calls people on their proclamations of poverty.

Seedstral - I do, my season ticket is in the Blackburn End and I take corportate facilities about half a dozen times a year and I hate it but I need to keep my key clients (customers) happy!

Don't judge a book by its cover!

Fair enough but to come on here and say that you and your corporate buddies aren't happy due to lack of transfer activity is bemusing to say the least!!! I can't be bothered the rights or wrongs of our football club but what i do know is no matter what division they are playing in i'll still be there!!

Fair enough but to come on here and say that you and your corporate buddies aren't happy due to lack of transfer activity is bemusing to say the least!!! I can't be bothered the rights or wrongs of our football club but what i do know is no matter what division they are playing in i'll still be there!!

I'm sure MikeB will still be.

His point was that his clients, who presumably are not 40-year season ticket holders but guys with a more passing interest, may not be too interested in going to watch given the complete lack of any 'pushing on' in terms of team-building. Plus MikeB has a right to be aggrieved if he feels that the club have been somewhat dishonest with him in the past weeks, bigging up the transfer budget while encouraging him to commit his funds. The 'mystery striker' (copyright Lancashire telegraph) looks a lot more like a PR own goal than a truthful recounting of our transfer dealings.

I'm sure MikeB will still be.

His point was that his clients, who presumably are not 40-year season ticket holders but guys with a more passing interest, may not be too interested in going to watch given the complete lack of any 'pushing on' in terms of team-building. Plus MikeB has a right to be aggrieved if he feels that the club have been somewhat dishonest with him in the past weeks, bigging up the transfer budget while encouraging him to commit his funds. The 'mystery striker' (copyright Lancashire telegraph) looks a lot more like a PR own goal than a truthful recounting of our transfer dealings.

I can understand why there are fans who are p****d of with what seems to be bullshit from the club in collusion with the LET this summer. I can well understand why Sam might be getting to the stage where he wants to walk away.

Sam has made one or two errors while he has been here but, in the main, he has done a great job. He has brought through youngsters, made us hard to beat and made good signings while selling players. The club seem to promise funds to him and then pull the rug out...

If we lose Sam because of this we will be in serious trouble...

Iagree with Mike B. It is lomg overdue that JW and TF answered questions and treat supporters with respect and honesty. Where has the money gone? These people are paid employees and need revenue from supporters who are passionate about the future of this club.The sooner we have a fresh start the better!

Iagree with Mike B. It is lomg overdue that JW and TF answered questions and treat supporters with respect and honesty. Where has the money gone? These people are paid employees and need revenue from supporters who are passionate about the future of this club.The sooner we have a fresh start the better!

The money has gone to the general running of the club. We don't have a 7m deficit every season for nothing - where do you think that money comes from?

If we lose Sam because of this we will be in serious trouble...

So Sam goes to Villa, we get compensation, the takeover goes through, we still get £100m and can now afford someone like Slaven Bilic. Are we really worse off on that deal?!

Also heard that Sam is mega peeved with what has gone on this summer and what is going on at the moment. First chance he gets he will leave Rovers, I don't blame him. Effectively this summer if we do not sign anyone else then he will have spent no money on transfers (one loan and one free transfer). These are conditions that no manager would accept/be happy with.

But would he of not known all that when he started the job? If other clubs are not willing or wanting to buy players Rovers have for sale, nobody can blame the board or Sam for not spending this transfer window. JW has said for ages now that the wage bill needs to come down. There are a few players Rovers would like to get off their books but cannot do. Even if they made deals to terminate contracts with the players, it would cost.

The Trust in my view, knowing the situation, should restore the £3 million a year, until somebody else can take over the club.

If Rovers or any other business have no money, they cannot spend. That is the reality of life. In my view the prem is a financial ticking time bomb, as it cannot be sustained the way it is now. Rovers as well as other small town clubs, are its victims.

Utter BS, because the Benni money was not suppose to cover any other expenses. The money received from the sale of Benni, was supposed to have been put aside for a signing. The argument, that we have had to cover Salgado's wages, is again rubbish. Sam had to take the team to 10th, from our initial expected 13th position. The fact that Sam achieved that, meant that Salgado's wages have been covered. In other words, had we not sold Benni, we would have had 0 pounds to spend anyway.

We are skint in the middle of a recession and yet people expect us to throw money around to sign some unknown world beater!! Football died for me when i opened my wageslip 2 days ago and was happy that my extra sunday earned me an extra ton then i heard Ya Ya Toure was on nigh on a million pounds for the same period!! People need to get a grip of reality whilst this country is in crisis and jobs are going all over the place some of you are expecting quality players at unbelievable prices when in reality we should be grateful for what we've got!!!

Totally agree with you. I also suggest that not one club has a divine right to be in the top flight. But it is money that gets clubs there. It would be good if every club had a chance to get into the prem - but money screwed up that chance.

I along with every Rovers supporter wants Rovers to be in the prem. But even if they went down, I woud still support them and hope and dream for better times. Which was the situation 20 years or so ago.

People do need to wake up and look at what is happening to the game. My view is that Rovers just need to bide their time for awhile, keep their debts as low as possible. Is there not new rules coming in about debt and participating in the European competitions? If Man U, Liverpool, WHU, Fulham and other clubs cannot enter these competitions because of their debts, would it pass down to the next clubs in the table. Debt wise Rovers must have the least amount of debt compared to other clubs, which is why people see Rovers as a club worth buying. The fact that the club is being run on a shoe string, yet has its house in order with regards to low debt, is something to be grateful for.

Utter BS, because the Benni money was not suppose to cover any other expenses. The money received from the sale of Benni, was supposed to have been put aside for a signing. The argument, that we have had to cover Salgado's wages, is again rubbish. Sam had to take the team to 10th, from our initial expected 13th position. The fact that Sam achieved that, meant that Salgado's wages have been covered. In other words, had we not sold Benni, we would have had 0 pounds to spend anyway.

Although the money was not meant to cover any other expenses, maybe it was needed to do so. We all make a things a priority when it comes to spending. But sometime things happen when we need to put something else first, maybe this is the clubs position. Out of curiosity, who is paying Rothschilds, the club or the Trust? As I wonder if that is where the money has gone!

So Sam goes to Villa, we get compensation, the takeover goes through, we still get £100m and can now afford someone like Slaven Bilic. Are we really worse off on that deal?!

Yes, because Allardyce knows this league inside and out and is doing a very good job for BRFC, there's no guarantee the takeover will go through or even if it does go ahead that £100m will be available, and "someone like Slaven Bilic" is not necessarily better than Allardyce and in all probability would be considerable worse. Do you you know anything about football because you give the impression of being a complete blathering idiot ?

If this transfer period doesn't prove that the Trustees could care less for the club, than I'm afraid nothing will...they have been hiding behind the "pending takeover" in order to do absolutely nothing...and where has the McCarthy money gone that Sam was promised...like every other transfer fee, it dissapears..absolutey shambolic behavior and I for one can't wait til the Trustees are OUT

They were the darlings of the fans not long ago and couldn't do a thing wrong. Now this view is becoming more and more common. A sad way to end Jack's legacy.

It is going backwards as he only has TWO young kids upfront to chose from, once they were exhausted Rovers had nobody else to call on. We've had all summer to sort it out and havent done so.

The last roll of the dice, too right, we are in the doo doo now if things arent sorted and improved by this tuesday teatime.

Once again---because we had no money. What's hard to understand?

Archived