SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

So it sounds like the news nicko has contains no news of players incoming here, let's hope things change tomorrow for the better.

Left field guess - Hoilett back to Germany

Why is Moyes held in such high esteem! He's an alright manager but i would'nt go overboard, he's spent shedloads, spent 5m+ on virtually every player, amassed a huge wage bill and been given loads of time even when they where doing rubbish to get the squad he's got now.

Moyes has managed six Top 10 finishes in his eight years at Goodison Park, five of them in the Top 7, including Champions League qualification. His net spending a couple of years ago was a mere £2m - not half bad compared to their rivals.

• Backroom

Nelson out imo - why was he not wearing the captain's armband on Saturday (from my seat looked like it was Samba as captain)?

Popov in

Samba was made captain before the season started

I dont think Nicko considered Gudjohnsen a target... May be wrong though.

Nicko's original post about there being transfer news seemed like we might be buying someone in. Although i havn't heard of a target wanting to come to us in a long time!! So im not getting my hopes up at all on this one!

When I first read Nicko's post, I thought Andrews. It would explain why he hasn't featured recently - "injured"? And there'd be a collective surprise at anyone wanting to take him off us.

Well Andrews is ruled out of the Ireland squad so i genuinely think he's injured.

Surprise exit?

Emerton or Chimbonda. Hopefully for a couple of £m just so we can grab one of Popov/Avdic. Not that i know anything about either of those two.

Well Andrews is ruled out of the Ireland squad so i genuinely think he's injured.

Surprise exit?

Emerton or Chimbonda. Hopefully for a couple of £m just so we can grab one of Popov/Avdic. Not that i know anything about either of those two.

I should have mentioned the huge slab of wishful thinking, too. ;)

Also, I don't class Emerton as a shock departure. Squad player on the outskirts of the first-team. Wouldn't be surprised if we cashed in what we could. I wouldn't sell him, but hey.

so basically things have gone from: "let's hope the takeover is completed in time so we can buy some exciting players" to "well let's at least buy someone in 2-3 million range" to "we're not buying anyone" and now "we'll be losing more players."

Awesome.

The 11 o'clocker may be worth a read...for a change.

1...a possible surprise exit.

2...a target who is about to go where he wanted to in the first place.

3...a weekend target who has gone elsewhere.

4...a trialist who has found a new home.

1 and 2 have to wait for the paper. You might as well know 3 and 4 now because they won't trouble the national press.

3 was Kevin Monney-Paquet, a speedy striker at Lens, French u-21 international...Rovers went to watch him but he came off...Lorient have taken him on loan today instead...his pace sounded interesting, a bit surprising this wasn't pursued.

4 was Edixon Perea who was injured during his trial and has disappeared...probbaly arriving at a Spanish Second Division side tomorrow...no loss...odd trialists, but no harm in looking.

Moyes has managed six Top 10 finishes in his eight years at Goodison Park, five of them in the Top 7, including Champions League qualification. His net spending a couple of years ago was a mere £2m - not half bad compared to their rivals.

Since 2003 Everton have a net spend of 3.2m per year.

Since 2006 they have a net spend of 3.7m per year

Ours in the same period is -2.29m and -1.7m

Archived