BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

1 and 2 have to wait for the paper. You might as well know 3 and 4 now because they won't trouble the national press.

3 was Kevin Monney-Paquet, a speedy striker at Lens, French u-21 international...Rovers went to watch him but he came off...Lorient have taken him on loan today instead...his pace sounded interesting, a bit surprising this wasn't pursued.

4 was Edixon Perea who was injured during his trial and has disappeared...probbaly arriving at a Spanish Second Division side tomorrow...no loss...odd trialists, but no harm in looking.

So, in summary, the usual disappointment plus added nasty surprise :(

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A sale of any player at such a late stage would be suprising because none of our players have had any takers as of yet. The suprise will be that we might actually manage to sell!! So im assuming its a name we've been prepared to lose all summer.

The latest on the Villa manager is apparently that Betfair and Ladbrokes have stopped taking bets on Moyes.

Other odds are reported as currently being:

Kevin MacDonald 4/1

Sven Goran Eriksson 5/1

Mark Hughes 6/1

Gerard Houllier 9/1

Gareth Southgate 12/1

Bob Bradley 12/1

Martin Jol 14/1

Don't have odds for Sam but they are longer than Jol's.

Why is Moyes held in such high esteem! He's an alright manager but i would'nt go overboard, he's spent shedloads, spent 5m+ on virtually every player, amassed a huge wage bill and been given loads of time even when they where doing rubbish to get the squad he's got now.

suprise player possibly leaving, could'nt possibly be jones there would be lynchings. I'll guess Andrews/jacobson

For a start he took a very poor Preston from the bottom of Div. 2 to the the final of the Div. 1 play-off in three years. At Everton he's delivered Champions League football and apart from one very poor season they have been pushing for europe. When you look at his signings his net spend is low.

I think we may find it is David Dunn moving on with Sam having given up the ghost in keeping him slim enough for battle. On the other hand a player that has not yet been mentioned for departure could be Robinson . He guarantees a decent incoming fee (prob £4m give or take) with Rovers safe in the knowledge Bunn can take the reigns in goal or as an alternative, city have allowed Given to come to Ewood on loan for the season allowing sam to rebuild the midfield AND get a striker whilst allowing the club to give away zurab, andrews,brown,rigters and roberts ridding the club of the last bits of deadwood.

its all a dream as we enter the last hours of what has been a total waste of energy for Rovers fans in guessing, hoping, wishing and wanting just a half decent signing coming into the club.

Now then, if there is a god, then I will convert if you could please allow the bit in bold :glare:

I think we may find it is David Dunn moving on with Sam having given up the ghost in keeping him slim enough for battle. On the other hand a player that has not yet been mentioned for departure could be Robinson . He guarantees a decent incoming fee (prob £4m give or take) with Rovers safe in the knowledge Bunn can take the reigns in goal or as an alternative, city have allowed Given to come to Ewood on loan for the season allowing sam to rebuild the midfield AND get a striker whilst allowing the club to give away zurab, andrews,brown,rigters and roberts ridding the club of the last bits of deadwood.

its all a dream as we enter the last hours of what has been a total waste of energy for Rovers fans in guessing, hoping, wishing and wanting just a half decent signing coming into the club.

Now then, if there is a god, then I will convert if you could please allow the bit in bold :glare:

A fair shout.

Robinson going would be an absolute disaster. I've been keeping fingers crossed all summer that Wenger won't turn his attention to him.

Mind you which of our players would be sought after and would command any sort of fee?

Only really Samba and Robinson.

Edit: And Jones of course.

Archived