BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBC 1357: We understand that Blackburn are looking to offload striker Jason Roberts, with Bulgarian attacking midfielder Ivelin Popov lined up as his replacement.

:o

Nothing like being up-to-date...and that is nothing like being up-to-date...

Theno, John Williams said the benni money, £2.5 million by all accounts, would be available. I understand we don't make a great deal of money, but this is another example of the club moving the goal posts again. Utter disgrace.

I am wondering exactly the same ada. Also what happened to the much publicised statements at the end of last season that Rovers are no longer a selling club. JW himself said it in an article in the LT, yet now just a couple of weeks into the new season we are again a selling club. I am very, very puzzled and worried by that apparent mystery, and this is the very first time in my 64 years of supporting Rovers that I have EVER questioned the way they are managed or what happens behind the scenes. I think we supporters, at the very least, deserve some sort of official explanation

I think it's pretty clear that even if Roberts goes now we wouldn't have time to get anyone in.

Best scenario I see is that he and Sam kiss and make up, he gets a squad number, and knuckles down until january and hopefully scores some goals.

I don't see any benefit in loaning him out anywhere

I think it's pretty clear that even if Roberts goes now we wouldn't have time to get anyone in.

We've already had Popov over for a test and medical.

If we already know shifting Roberts would free up enough room to bring in Popov then we'd really only need to get the formalities completed with Litex, Popov wouldn't even need to be in the country.

Strange that you "comprehend it perfectly well" yet continue to blame the manager for every perceived fault with the club.

Nonsense. If you read my posts I've given Sam credit where it's due plenty of times. But you don't, because you're reactionary and jump in with both feet and a terribly negative attitude to anyone who posts anything that doesn't fit exactly within the parameters of Jim's little utopia.

He's not blameless for the current predicament, but then neither is he entirely to blame.

Between them the trustees, scouts, manager and board have managed to make a right royals balls-up of this window.

Nicko, do you know if Roberts is prepared to take a drop in wages to play regular first team football?

There are two ways round the Roberts wage drop problem...Rovers give him money to go or he gets a longer contract from his new employers.

Our wage budget is ready to bust.....WITHOUT selling any of them, how can the board sanction new signings?!? :blink:

That is not blind optimism for the club, its reality! Truth hurts!

Nicko - Didnt Roberts move to QPR falter once because of the length of contract they were willing to give him?

twitter-

CryerRovers

Wigan have not approached Rovers at all about Roberts. West Ham apparently interested in Jacobsen or Chimbonda. No likely ins at moment

Follow-up City...

Wigan went to watch Roberts yesterday, checked out the package...and then Di Santo came back on the radar. You would know that if you have any contacts at Wigan of course...

West Ham line hilarious. Where did that come out again?

There are two ways round the Roberts wage drop problem...Rovers give him money to go or he gets a longer contract from his new employers.

Again, don't see any point in this. It would be little suprise if we have no transfer cash if we are paying players to leave.

Lets get to Jan with what we have and see what cash is available if a takeover goes through

With words such as disgusting and pathetic being used about or transfer dealings thus far, I have to question if some of you are on this planet or not.

If you sold your house, would you buy a new central heating system for the incoming people? Or just try and make do and let them pick up the tab?

To believe the trust will free any significant funds is just madness, is that so hard to believe?

So may I suggest putting your willies away boys and get back to playing Age of Empire, see you again in January :tu:

As January looks likely we will have new owners, id like to see us offload as many freeloaders as possible - Jacob, Chimbonda, Brown, Roberts etc....That way we have a few months of saved wages too & more scope to move in January.

With words such as disgusting and pathetic being used about or transfer dealings thus far, I have to question if some of you are on this planet or not.

If you sold your house, would you buy a new central heating system for the incoming people? Or just try and make do and let them pick up the tab?

To believe the trust will free any significant funds is just madness, is that so hard to believe?

So may I suggest putting your willies away boys and get back to playing Age of Empire, see you again in January :tu:

Easy - you adjust the purchase consideration!

As January looks likely we will have new owners, id like to see us offload as many freeloaders as possible - Jacob, Chimbonda, Brown, Roberts etc....That way we have a few months of saved wages too & more scope to move in January.

There is only 2 realistic moves out of all those - Chimbonda, who I agree, get shot of, and Roberts.

It's all very well saying 'we have agreed its time for him to move on' but if this moving on significantly weakens an area of the team with no financial return then what is the sense?

Roberts can make an impact until Jan, and this impact could prove equally as significant in terms of prem places, and therefore bargaining power, as saving cash on the wage bill until then

If Syed Ali does take over, money saved on Roberts' wages will not be in conversation when it comes to strengthening options.

Archived