BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

As January looks likely we will have new owners, id like to see us offload as many freeloaders as possible - Jacob, Chimbonda, Brown, Roberts etc....That way we have a few months of saved wages too & more scope to move in January.

If there are no incomings Hughesy, we'll need Roberts for first team business. Two unproven young strikers and a hardly fit Benjani isn't good enough.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there are no incomings Hughesy, we'll need Roberts for first team business. Two unproven young strikers and a hardly fit Benjani isn't good enough.

Plus I'd argue Roberts is better than Benjani and could well be more effective than Kalanic.

Some won't agree (see post above and below) but these were probably the people arguing last November that Di Santo was superb and far better than Roberts when a few of us had cottoned on to the fact that he was actually fairly crap.

Plus I'd argue Roberts is better than Benjani and could well be more effective than Kalanic.

More effective at what exactly? Falling over? Niko is reasonable at that. Laughing at the ref when he doesn't win a free? Perhaps. Holding the ball up? Maybe.

Finishing? Absolutely no chance.

We don't need Roberts! We have 3 strikers + supporting midfielders like Dunn, Mgp or Hoilett

Hilarious!!!!!

Dunn - good player rarely fit.

Mgp - good player, rarely can be arsed.

Hoillet - practically an unknown quantity, little we do know is he has some pace but his decision making at this point in time is questionable. And you feel he can play dunns role ?

More effective at what exactly? Falling over? Niko is reasonable at that. Laughing at the ref when he doesn't win a free? Perhaps. Holding the ball up? Maybe.

Possibly more effective at not hitting the post – inversely more effective at digging divits out of the pitch.

More effective at wounding fans behind the opposition goal.

Scoring in the Premier Legaue?

Last season.

Kalanic - 1453 mins on pitch - 2 goals

Roberts - 1556 mins on pitch - 5 goals

Now I'm not saying he is more effective because I'll give Niko the benefit of a settling in first season. However there is no obvious reason to be sure that Kalanic will be a 10+ goal a season man. He might. He might not.

Scoring in the Premier Legaue?

Last season.

Kalanic - 1453 mins on pitch - 2 goals

Roberts - 1556 mins on pitch - 5 goals

Now I'm not saying he is more effective because I'll give Niko the benefit of a settling in first season. However there is no obvious reason to be sure that Kalanic will be a 10+ goal a season man. He might. He might not.

To be fair they are two different players, however the reality is that one is ten years younger than the other and is just entering his first full season of Premier League football. The other is pushing 33 (years and thousand pounds per week apparently) and it's unlikely he has another level to reach. We know what he's capable of and obviously Sam has decided he's not value for money anymore.

Guest Kamy100

Three hours to the end of a shocking transfer window for Rovers. If at the start of the window someone has said to me that we would end it with one loan and one freebie I would've laughed them out of town. We are now hurtling towards this actually happening. Unbelievable!

Feel incredibly sorry for Sam and his scouting team, they have spent hours looking at and evaluating players, only to miss out on each and every one of the players that they wanted. Sam achieved a minor miracle last season by getting us 10th.

Crumbs of comfort is that hopefully this is the last time we will have to endure transfer window such as this. With the trust pulling out the funding to the extent that they appear to have means that they are confident of selling the club to Mr Ali or one of the interested parties.

To be fair they are two different players, however the reality is that one is ten years younger than the other and is just entering his first full season of Premier League football. The other is pushing 33 (years and thousand pounds per week apparently) and it's unlikely he has another level to reach. We know what he's capable of and obviously Sam has decided he's not value for money anymore.

Kalanic's overall play is better than Roberts too. Hit the post probably more than any player I've ever seen last season as well. I know hitting the post is no better than a total miss, but at least he's getting into those positions and it's better than sending them into the stand like Jason does.

Today, it is glorious weather, however, on a personal note, the day has been absolute s---e.

Today's transfer window is making it even s---er!

Thinking of packing it in for the day, going out for something to eat and getting totally blotto!

Bye for now.

Somebody mentioned it earlier...and tere could be something in it...QPR do have an interest in Jason Roberts.

However he is one of THREE possibles for the centre forward jersey there...including Rob Hulse and Tommy Smith.

Remember the Championship window opens after a couple of weeks.

A friend told me just now that Tommy Smith signed for QPR. Has it been confirmed on SSN or anywhere?

Archived