BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Wigan have completed the signing of Tom Cleverley on loan from Man Utd until the end of the season, Di Santo and Jason Roberts will follow him to the DW once Charles N'Zogbia's move to Stoke is confirmed - Stoke are waiting on Gudjohnsen signing the dotted line before sanctioning the transfer as it includes Tuncay going in the opposite direction up the M6."

From Beeb.

Reading just flogged someone for 6million, maybe they are using that to fund zurab

Maybe, if we weren't desperate to offload him. This is a bloke without a squad number who clearly had no future at Rovers. I'll be pleased if they're even paying half his wages.

Sheikh_Mahand on 606: "Wigan have completed the signing of Tom Cleverley on loan from Man Utd until the end of the season, Di Santo and Jason Roberts will follow him to the DW once Charles N'Zogbia's move to Stoke is confirmed - Stoke are waiting on Gudjohnsen signing the dotted line before sanctioning the transfer as it includes Tuncay going in the opposite direction up the M6."

Surely if they were willing to pay all of his wages he would have signed permanently and not on a loan deal. I'm sure he'd be on a free just to get him off the wage bill.

As it's still just a loan we must be subsidising his wages.

Sheikh_Mahand on 606: "Wigan have completed the signing of Tom Cleverley on loan from Man Utd until the end of the season, Di Santo and Jason Roberts will follow him to the DW once Charles N'Zogbia's move to Stoke is confirmed - Stoke are waiting on Gudjohnsen signing the dotted line before sanctioning the transfer as it includes Tuncay going in the opposite direction up the M6."

Up the M6 to who, us or Wigan?

Surely if they were willing to pay all of his wages he would have signed permanently and not on a loan deal. I'm sure he'd be on a free just to get him off the wage bill.

As it's still just a loan we must be subsidising his wages.

It's effectively a transfer though isn't it (on a free anyway)? I mean Zurab only has a year left on his contract anyway and he's going to Reading for the whole length of it now. It's probably because it's so close to the deadline it's just easier for all concerned to get it done as a loan for now.

I'm just guessing and being optimistic though.

From Stan, Swindon, via text: "My brother writes articles for the Swindon Town FC matchday programme, and has just been told to prepare to interview loan signing from Blackburn Rovers, Josh Morris tomorrow morning."

BBC

Drivel. The manager has suggested loads of potential targets but has been rebuffed at every stage by the board and trustees. Why do you think because of his frustration at lack of activity there has been talk of him leaving the club ? If you cannot understand this you must be even thicker than you appear.

I'm so glad your not my greatgrandad ..you really are a grumpy and bitter old fool.

No chance that Reading are paying all of Zurab's wage. His contract is up at the end of the season therefore if they were paying all of his wages then they surely would have signed him permanently, not on loan.

Rovers must be subsidising the loan to some extent or Reading are the poorest negotiators known to man.

Drivel. The manager has suggested loads of potential targets but has been rebuffed at every stage by the board and trustees. Why do you think because of his frustration at lack of activity there has been talk of him leaving the club ? If you cannot understand this you must be even thicker than you appear.

What's the point of suggesting players that cost £3m when you've no money and have players for sale that no-one wants?

I'm flogging a dead horse here - we've done this to death so leave it now. Keep taking the pills and living in your imaginary world where Tony Blair is still pm, and you enjoy a ménage a trois with MGP and Big Sam. Perhaps you'll be less grumpy there. ;)

It's effectively a transfer though isn't it (on a free anyway)? I mean Zurab only has a year left on his contract anyway and he's going to Reading for the whole length of it now. It's probably because it's so close to the deadline it's just easier for all concerned to get it done as a loan for now.

I'm just guessing and being optimistic though.

There is no way in the world that Reading are paying ALL of Zurab's wages. Noidea of percentages. There is so much else going on.

The Babel and Cole thing is comedy gold.

I'm dreaming here but if Wigan would loan Nzogbia out why don't we give it a shot and give them Roberts on a free?

The very same thought occured to me. It only needs to be until Jan if that suits Wigan better.

Archived