SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pathetic one on loan and one for free .

There is no point buying players for the sake of it. If we went out and got 3 or 4 players in and then money comes along and we have them all stuck on 4 year deals how bad does the club look. Further more to that the Trust isn't going to make funds available when they aren't going to own us in a week or 2.

Bad timing that's all, get a grip.

There is late, late interest in Frank Fielding...

Blackpool thinking about taking him on loan - it's him or Ricjard Wright on a free.

However a Championship side has just been tipped off about this and may take him - if they sell their keeper and start a major merry-go-round.

Mental day.

Two posters on Litex site, say Popov left for England this morning for a medical, (i Know he was reported to have already had one)

Travsonspor made a late bid of 2.5m.

"Latest information of Gong, which is currently underway on Darik radio by Ivo Yovchev:

Morning Popov has left for England and now undergo a medical examination at Blackburn."

What's the point of suggesting players that cost £3m when you've no money and have players for sale that no-one wants?

Because, like the rest of us, the manager was led to believe that £2.5 million for Benni, extra money for a tenth place finish and extra revenue from increased TV appearances, would mean at least £3 million to spend this summer. However, it would appear that the takeover has completely derailed any transfer activity. Perfectly understandable that the Trust would not want to spend money when they are selling but I can fully understand the manager being frustrated by the lack of funds. The arrivals today at Birmingham and Stoke would suggest that we will, in the short term, fall further behind these two clubs. Of course, a successful takeover could change all that in January but at the moment I don't think anyone could argue that this has been anything other than a disappointing transfer window at Ewood Park. One loan and a free transfer are not the signings of a club that is looking to consolidate a top ten finish.

Plus I'd argue Roberts is better than Benjani and could well be more effective than Kalanic.

Some won't agree (see post above and below) but these were probably the people arguing last November that Di Santo was superb and far better than Roberts when a few of us had cottoned on to the fact that he was actually fairly crap.

I'll hold my hand up for that. I thought Di Santo was a good target man... a proper back to goal centre forward. I still think so too! Unfortunately Di santo's problems all surface when he is actually facing the goals. :rolleyes:

Two posters on Litex site, say Popov left for England this morning for a medical, (i Know he was reported to have already had one)

Travsonspor made a late bid of 2.5m.

"Latest information of Gong, which is currently underway on Darik radio by Ivo Yovchev:

Morning Popov has left for England and now undergo a medical examination at Blackburn."

Any link?

It's been a quite one so far everywhere , haven't the big boys been quite today? The movers and shakers worth a mention so far are.

DEADLINE DAY'S BIGGEST DONE DEALS SO FAR:

Marcus Bent [birmingham - Wolves] Loan

Alexander Hleb [barcelona - Birmingham] Loan

Martin Jiranek [spartak Moscow - Birmingham] Undisclosed

Paul Konchesky [Fulham - Liverpool] Player exchange

Zurab Khizanishvili [blackburn - Reading] Loan

Rodrigo Moreno [benfica - Bolton] Loan

Matt Phillips [Wycombe - Blackpool] £325,000

Stipe Pletikosa [spartak Moscow - Tottenham] Loan

Gylfi Sigurdsson [Reading - Hoffenheim] £6m

Anthony Stokes [Hibernian - Celtic] Undisclosed

Archived