BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second question kinda depends on the answer to the first. Keep up.

I got that.

But if you're not sure what position he plays, how can you have decided he's good enough for us to sign? You obviously can't have seen him play much, if at all.

I got that.

But if you're not sure what position he plays, how can you have decided he's good enough for us to sign? You obviously can't have seen him play much, if at all.

Desperation. And I heard and read plenty of positive things about him when he was on loan somewhere last season, without really taking in the detail! :)

And we didn't go for him...why?

He is in it for the money so I doubt Rovers could compete with that.

He opted for them after he was very close to sign for Benfica. His manager said he prefered Premier league after saying he wanted to play Champions League for Benfica a week ago lol

Is it just me, or does Paul Konchesky look like he should be jailed on suspicion of mass murder based on that phot they keep running about his deal to liverpool?

I think that's actually quite a flattering picture of Konchesky.

Schwarzer to Arsenal back on...Fulham have found a replacement in Alexander Doni of Roma...loan deal being sorted.

Rovers-related? Well, yes. Frank Fielding was fancied by Crystal Palace if Speroni had gone to Fulham instead.

Breathless.

How have Arsenal left it so late, I thought it was pretty inevitable from ages ago but Fulham dug their heels in.

Will be nice after this window to never hear of long boring transfer rumours concerning James Milner, Mark Schwarzer and perhaps worst of all the absolute whore that was Loic Remy trying to come to England.

Let's just get this window over with, it's been an awful one for more than one club.

Is in it for the monet so I doubt Rovers could compete with that.

He opted for them after he was very close to sign for Benfica. His manager said he prefered Premier league after saying he wanted to play Champions League for Benfica a week ago lol

Like I said, we could cover his wages if we used the Benni money - it's just sitting there going to waste, anyway! And it's only a short-term deal. He would have given us that extra quality our team severely lacks and be the perfect alternative to Dunn.

Like I said, we could cover his wages if we used the Benni money - it's just sitting there going to waste, anyway! And it's only a short-term deal. He would have given us that extra quality our team severely lacks and be the perfect alternative to Dunn.

What would be the point in bringing in a player who will be on enormous wages and has done sweet f.a. since he left Arsenal? Just because he's a name.

I'd far rather sign somebody on a permanent deal costing the same amount of money as Hleb's wages alone.

Are we going to sign anybody today or is it just outgoings to get people off the wage bill like zurab and chimbonda? roberts going?

I got excited when I saw your name pop up Chaddy.

I thought that Keane was back on :)

How have Arsenal left it so late, I thought it was pretty inevitable from ages ago but Fulham dug their heels in.

Will be nice after this window to never hear of long boring transfer rumours concerning James Milner, Mark Schwarzer and perhaps worst of all the absolute whore that was Loic Remy trying to come to England.

Let's just get this window over with, it's been an awful one for more than one club.

Question is. why is Arsene Wenger inept at spotting a good goalkeeper, and why doesn't he go and sign one who is potentially world class.

He always signs old men, who simply need to be replaced in a few years

Question is. why is Arsene Wenger inept at spotting a good goalkeeper, and why doesn't he go and sign one who is potentially world class.

He always signs old men, who simply need to be replaced in a few years

You make it sound so easy Sam. Do you think he went in to buying his current four keepers with the idea that they were mediocre at best?

You make it sound so easy Sam. Do you think he went in to buying his current four keepers with the idea that they were mediocre at best?

In their case it probably is mate

Since Wenger has been there he could have signed Reina (before he went to Liverpool), Frey, Akinfeev just to name a few.

Instead he has signed Almunia who was reserve at Celta, and an old, crazy Jens Lehmann.

They could certainly sign a better keeper than a 37yr old Schwarzer

What would be the point in bringing in a player who will be on enormous wages and has done sweet f.a. since he left Arsenal? Just because he's a name.

I'd far rather sign somebody on a permanent deal costing the same amount of money as Hleb's wages alone.

Because he's undoubtedly a talented player, and isn't our manager supposed to be adept at restoring fallen idols? We wouldn't have anything to lose loaning him for the season.

I think if we do sign anyone in the next hour, that it will be Popov or the Swede, can`t see us pulling a rabit out of the hat with a surprise signing before the window shuts ala Bellamy, kalinic.

If we don`t sign anyone its not a disaster either, we will just have to have faith in teh current squad and re-assess in January, an option i would prefer rather than a panic buy and end up with another Grabbi.

The money may also be available, but we just don`t want to pay for a player who we feel is over priced, there are lots of situations as to why we won`t spend money rather than everyone assuming it is teh Trustees, or BFS/Scouts not doing their homework or jobs properly.

Nicko - anything further for Rovers or shall we all go home now

Because he's undoubtedly a talented player, and isn't our manager supposed to be adept at restoring fallen idols? We wouldn't have anything to lose loaning him for the season.

I bet the full package to take him for a year is at least £3 million.

Archived