BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

In their case it probably is mate

Since Wenger has been there he could have signed Reina (before he went to Liverpool), Frey, Akinfeev just to name a few.

Instead he has signed Almunia who was reserve at Celta, and an old, crazy Jens Lehmann.

They could certainly sign a better keeper than a 37yr old Schwarzer

Agree that he's stuffed it up on many of them. Schwarzer is still a very good keeper, and my Gooner mate at work reckons they want him to take on a coaching role as well. In two years time they reckon their fourth keeper (the one on loan to Brentford last year?) will be ready, he's apparently a super talent.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because he's undoubtedly a talented player, and isn't our manager supposed to be adept at restoring fallen idols? We wouldn't have anything to lose loaning him for the season.

A lot of money. And I would rather invest in youth.

And Chimbonda to WHam on a season loan

I bet the full package to take him for a year is at least £3 million.

That doesn't sound like a problem. And it'll be more than worth it if he helped us finish higher in the league.

A lot of money. And I would rather invest in youth.

So would I, but we're going nowhere fast in this window, and likewise January unless the takeover happens.

Because, like the rest of us, the manager was led to believe that £2.5 million for Benni, extra money for a tenth place finish and extra revenue from increased TV appearances, would mean at least £3 million to spend this summer. However, it would appear that the takeover has completely derailed any transfer activity. Perfectly understandable that the Trust would not want to spend money when they are selling but I can fully understand the manager being frustrated by the lack of funds.

Thank you for a short appraisal of why the manager and scouting staff are not to blame for the lack of transfer activity.

Now please post it again in words of one syllable so MarkBRFC can understand it.

Only 2 reasons for that.

1. Pascal is creating cos he isnt first choice and he is distrupting the team morale.

2. Creating room on the wage bill(as with Zurab) for an incoming player.

3. Reduce our 91% wages to turnover ratio?

I think that is the most likely

Only 2 reasons for that.

1. Pascal is creating cos he isnt first choice and he is distrupting the team morale.

2. Creating room on the wage bill(as with Zurab) for an incoming player.

totally agree with you - lets hope eh !

Regarding the Hleb discussion. I see a loan of Hleb vs. the purchase of a player much like the decision of rentnig or owning a house (assuming its similar in Euro to what it is here...)

When you rent, you can get a nice place for cheap, but all that cash you spend flies out the door into someone else's pocket. when you buy a house, you get less for your money, but you "pay yourself" in a sense, because you are earning the value of that house, and you have an asset in your possession that you can sell on.

Spending the Benny money on Hleb would be a 1-off 'waste'. Buying a more mediocre talent at 1.5 mil and the rest in wages stretches that dollar, because one-year later, we have an asset worth some money, depending on the contract.

The issue comes when you buy, and the market crashes, so now you spent money up front, and the asset lost value... the current parallels between my house and Jason Roberts right now are appalling.

Still nothing new on the Litex site about Popov after they confirmed he was signing for Rovers well over a week ago. Rovers still yet to confirm bugger all.

Do we think the club are holding on to the confirmation until 5.59pm so that half this board don't hang themselves?

If this deal is done in principle, why hasn't it been announced yet? Or why haven't Litex reassured their fans that he's staying after all? WHY IS NOBODY DOING ANYTHING?

But don't worry everybody, in less than 40 minutes, we'll finally discover they identity of the LT's Mystery Striker.

Won't that be a relief? <_<

That doesn't sound like a problem.

It's a problem when you don't have £3 million!

I would have absolutely loved Hleb here, I thought he was one of the best players in the league when he was over here (I remember having a debate about him when I included him in my 'Premier League XI').

I don't think we have anything near to the finance required to get him though. He would have been on a fortune at Barca.

Still nothing new on the Litex site about Popov after they confirmed he was signing for Rovers well over a week ago. Rovers still yet to confirm bugger all.

Do we think the club are holding on to the confirmation until 5.59pm so that half this board don't hang themselves?

If this deal is done in principle, why hasn't it been announced yet? Or why haven't Litex reassured their fans that he's staying after all? WHY IS NOBODY DOING ANYTHING?

But don't worry everybody, in less than 40 minutes, we'll finally discover they identity of the LT's Mystery Striker.

Won't that be a relief? <_<

if you read their website correctly, there is a comment from their chairman/owner whatever that they would not discuss Popov until tomorrow that was yesterday, they are probably waiting as we are.

What does seem strange they turned down 2.5m yesterday and may now miss the boat.

Archived