BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spending the Benny money on Hleb would be a 1-off 'waste'. Buying a more mediocre talent at 1.5 mil and the rest in wages stretches that dollar, because one-year later, we have an asset worth some money, depending on the contract.

Or, we desperately need an attacking midfielder because our best one looks dead on his feet already, and there was one available on loan with an undisputed pedigree. All this talk about investing our money elsewhere is pointless when the club is sitting on its hands anyway.

It's a problem when you don't have £3 million!

We were led to believe Sam had the Benni money (£2.25m) at his disposal, which was then boosted when he confronted the board several weeks ago, plus the wages put aside for a new striker. I'm sure we could stretch for Hleb if he was our only business in this window.

• Backroom

Guy at Stoke just said if Eidur goes there Tuncay may come here yet but isn't he on silly money?

I can see Sam coming out tomorrow saying we were close to deals but ran out of time

Edit: looks like we are all watching SSN :P

And 28 minutes to do it in

I can't see why Litex would have kept leaving Popov out of their team unless they thought he was likely to arrive here. Hopefully it's just a case of getting signatures on the dotted lines now that the finances are in place.

Isn't it the other way around? If Tuncay signs for us then they can take on Eidur.

Nope. They'll want Gudjohnsen signed up before they let a striker go. Something we're not all too familiar with.

why we left this so late?

Quite a few answers possible.

- Nothing in the works anyways

- our deals dependant on other deals waiting to go through

- needed to buy cheap, so needed to wait till the sellers get desparate

- had to clear wage space, and no-one wanted to take on more wages till the last minute

and probably a few hundred other reasons I can come up with, so let just leave it at "because they can"

Archived