Jacob to West Ham?

Chimbo to West Ham?

Roberts to anyone?

Zurab to Reading confirmed

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Follow-up City...

Wigan went to watch Roberts yesterday, checked out the package...and then Di Santo came back on the radar. You would know that if you have any contacts at Wigan of course...

West Ham line hilarious. Where did that come out again?

Why is that funny? Seems they were right about Jacobsen going to Hammers and Zurab to Reading. Fair enough to me

Because, like the rest of us, the manager was led to believe that £2.5 million for Benni, extra money for a tenth place finish and extra revenue from increased TV appearances, would mean at least £3 million to spend this summer. However, it would appear that the takeover has completely derailed any transfer activity. Perfectly understandable that the Trust would not want to spend money when they are selling but I can fully understand the manager being frustrated by the lack of funds. The arrivals today at Birmingham and Stoke would suggest that we will, in the short term, fall further behind these two clubs. Of course, a successful takeover could change all that in January but at the moment I don't think anyone could argue that this has been anything other than a disappointing transfer window at Ewood Park. One loan and a free transfer are not the signings of a club that is looking to consolidate a top ten finish.

Do we really know with certainty what the club had to spend? We only know what was told to the press, and that could just have been put out there as a positive message to stabilise season ticket sales rather than admitting we had no funds and wouldn't be signing anyone. For all we really know Sam knew all along there were no funds.

Whatever, we've ended up weaker in comparison to several of our competitors as a result of this window purely by our inactivity. Roll on the takeover and January!

Thank you for a short appraisal of why the manager and scouting staff are not to blame for the lack of transfer activity.

Now please post it again in words of one syllable so MarkBRFC can understand it.

Yawn. Jim, please stop stalking me now. It, like you, is becoming tiresome, old hat and boring.

Oh My God!

This is an outrage. I cannot believe that we didn't sign the player that noone had heard of until two weeks ago. This is amazingly pathetic. I think that we might get relegated now. If Mr Ali sees this, he is going to be so annoyed that we didn't sign the player that Sam thought wouldn't even be ready for months, I fully expect him to retract his offer now.

The steel of Ewood Park is looking dodgy, expect it to fall down soon.

Because he wants to be paid. And Rovers offer of a lancashire hotpot, a poke around with Wendy and a bottle of Lorenzo Amoruso aftershave doesnt cut it.

Superb. :lol:

Oh well, looks like we continue with what we've got until the takeover's sorted and the next window arrives. We should be OK with the current squad?

If we've managed 110+ pages when we've fook all to spend imagine what this thread will be like in January if we have £100m!

Shame Gyan didn't stay put and we could have mved for him in January - he would have been ideal for us.

Big Sam to Villa anyone? ;)

Oh My God!

This is an outrage. I cannot believe that we didn't sign the player that noone had heard of until two weeks ago. This is amazingly pathetic. I think that we might get relegated now. If Mr Ali sees this, he is going to be so annoyed that we didn't sign the player that Sam thought wouldn't even be ready for months, I fully expect him to retract his offer now.

The steel of Ewood Park is looking dodgy, expect it to fall down soon.

Absolutely disgusting and utterly unacceptable.

WTF do you expect , one freebie and one loanee. :wstu:

I expected nothing to be honest during this transition period of ownership from the trust to "another", the freebie and the loanee are a bonus addition in my opinion...

I am now patiently going to await for the January window and hopefully the new owners will inject the new cash into us that is required to maintain (or improve) our Premiership status.

• Backroom

WTF do you expect , one freebie and one loanee. :wstu:

Got to agree, no matter how it's spun if we havnt done any more business this window has been a shambles by the board and Sam and his team.

We are left with a striker we don't want and wasn't even on the bench on Saturday when we needed one. We have 3 senior keepers as we speak as well.

Absolutely disgusting and utterly unacceptable.

I'm pretty sure that the tone of my post was sarcastic enough to make people's eyes bleed.

However, just in case:

That was a joke.

Playing on the level of unwarranted and totally disproportionate negative energy blasted around on here.

There's been precious little that has been funny about this window. Those saying we are in a transitional period between owners, what if we are not sold?

The risks being taken by the current owners, if they are withholding money, could be potentially huge. £2.5 million doesn't buy you much in the summer, it'll get you next go f' all in the January window.

We will ace to wait and see I suppose.

I'm pretty sure that the tone of my post was sarcastic enough to make people's eyes bleed.

However, just in case:

That was a joke.

Playing on the level of unwarranted and totally disproportionate negative energy blasted around on here.

I meant the lack of activity not your post.

Archived