BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearing some strange tales about why Jason Roberts did not move...have to do some work on this one...

QPR thought they could do a deal but it collapsed. My guy down there says that he suddenly became 'not for sale' during the afternoon No idea why.

There might be some fall-out on this one.

QPR signing Hulse and Tommy Smith instead.

QPR thought they could do a deal but it collapsed. My guy down there says that he suddenly became 'not for sale' during the afternoon No idea why.

Might sound f**cking ludicrous, but maybe it's cos we realised we could't get a replacement in time?

Hearing some strange tales about why Jason Roberts did not move...have to do some work on this one...

There might be some fall-out on this one.

QPR signing Hulse and Tommy Smith instead.

Thanks Nicko, and thanks for your input this transfer window (not much done i know) and hopefully you'll have a more exciting one in january. Any news on why Spurs are allowed to sign people beyond the deadline

Any news on why Spurs are allowed to sign people beyond the deadline

I have it on pretty good authority that the van der Vaart story was a wind-up.

Harry Redknapp leaked it to find out who the 'mole' is at his club and, sure enough, it was in the papers and on Sky within an hour or so.

How very odd.

It's been that kind of day.

• Backroom

I have it on pretty good authority that the van der Vaart story was a wind-up.

Harry Redknapp leaked it to find out who the 'mole' is at his club and, sure enough, it was in the papers and on Sky within an hour or so.

How very odd.

It's been that kind of day.

That makes me like him a bit more but you wouldn't be happy if you were a spuds fan

My personal day got a whole lot better in the afternoon only to get home this evening and discover we've signed the square root of F.A..

JW owes all supporters a huge explanation with absolutely no bulls--t.

That makes me like him a bit more but you wouldn't be happy if you were a spuds fan

Very true, I was thinking earlier if I was a player I'd have the biggest urge to go around clubs near by and just walk in and out of their grounds all day, would give reporters the right run around! :lol:

well the window slams shut on the most boring over hyped, over talked, over rated transfer window yet.

Thanks to nicko and many others for offering us glimpses of hope (popov, the french lad who did his knee ligaments who looked really good) and a big thanks to rovers for making none of it happen (wow im sure i posted the same in January...).

So its time to grit your teeth and hang on for your life as we steam towards Jan hoping for takeovers and transfer cash, cos if we had non worth spending now we surely wont in Jan without a take over either.

The best news of this transfer window for me personally was our kid winning the rovers mascot competition for the man city in two weeks so at least im still smiling :)

erm just a thought as a parting shot, i always thought there used to be a case of late notification to the FA of a transfer if there were delays to medical records etc and so long as you sent some notification you could actually sign past the deadline, or did i get that wrong?

My personal day got a whole lot better in the afternoon only to get home this evening and discover we've signed the square root of F.A..

JW owes all supporters a huge explanation with absolutely no bulls--t.

JW's financial management of this club has led to investors' queing up outside Ewood willing to splash millions into the club. If we get bought out then that is the success of this window.

The team is good enough to survive until January.

Am I happy that we basically did nothing transfer wise? No, but its understandable due to happenings off the pitch.

I cant believe that the board were holding back money, and even if they were, we're talking about maybe £1/2m at best, hardly enough to get anyone worthwhile through the door.

If this window doesnt show how desperate we are for outside investment then nothing will.

Archived