BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very, very, very disappointed. In April we began the search for new players, armed with the Benni money and a promise of the extra placing money. 4 months later and look where we are. Two unproven kids, an eternally injured crock who no-one else seemed to want, and now having to give Jason Roberts [who doesn't want to be here] a squad number to supplement the strike force.

Fairly disgusted would be my description.

So Jacobsen might have gone to west ham, we might have sign Tuncay. But we can't announce the deals until the premier league has rectify the paperwork. As long has the paperwork reach the PL offices by 6pm the deals can still go through.

Jacobsen has been confirmed by sky sports

No suprise that we have signed no-one, however I do think the supporters deserve a good explanation why not. Its 8 months since Benni was sold and not replaced and 5 months since we guaranteed Premier League this season.

To be reliant on free's and loans isnt a good way to be run. I know people will say, well the squad finished 10th last season, but to be honest I think we got lucky, and many of the teams below us have strengthened. I can see us battling with Blackpool, Wigan and West Brom to stay up. If we get to Jan and we are in the bottom 3 then many potential targets will think again before signing too.

I'm not going to go and slit my wrists, but this has been an amazingly poor close season for Rovers.

Anyone got a list of free agents? Blackpool have one who played in the world-cup flying in to sign tomorrow.

Is it just me who doesnt care we've signed f all. We had Kalinic and Roberts, we now have Diouf and Benjani to add to that. We should have 7 points from 9, granted we don't but from the first 3 games I have seen enough that Premier League survival is ours. At this moment in Blackburn's situation, that's all that matters, a club in our position cannot afford to be picky. Let's see how this takeover goes, if it happens then we should expect....if not, then we should be all damned lucky were still in the greatest league in the world.

I am now going to try and put some words of reason into the proceedings. If I don't I genuinely fear that Pendle Hill may resemble a 'lemming leap' this evening. We have done very little in this window.....a given BUT this is the same for a number of clubs. The frustration (understandable) being demonstrated on here is largely because the clubs that DO appear to have spent (Abu Citeh aside) have been the 'middling' clubs we are fighting with. By this I mean Brum, Stoke, Wigan (to a smaller extent) and Fulham. Each one of those (like it or night) has a seriously wealthy benefactor. We don't......YET!!! And this is my point. Each one of these clubs are expecting (I genuinely believe this and so does Peter Coates) that we ARE about to become a wealthy club....far more wealthy than them. This means they have no choice but to try and get the head start on us now as they fear they won't be able to compete in January. There is no way Coates wanted to spend anything like he has tried to do this Summer but he sees a tidal wave heading over the Pennines in the next few weeks and is trying to stay afloat.

So to summarise today......

Josh Morris out on loan

Zurab out on loan to Reading

Jacobsen to West Ham

Judge to Notts County

Surely we are due an update on the wages saved. ;) Come on don't let us down, today has been bad enough as it is.

Just so we know what's in the kitty for Jan. :D

• Backroom

So to summarise today......

Josh Morris out on loan

Zurab out on loan to Reading

Jacobsen to West Ham

Judge to Notts County

And nobody in, problem is the extra wages will disappear most likely with some excuse about not sellin enough hot dogs at half time so we had to reevaluate.

• Backroom

Great, we've lost an honest pro in Jacobsen whilst the free loader Chimbonda stays with us. Cheers west ham.

You can thank rovers for that by the sounds of it we moved the goalposts at the last minute.

Plus chimbomda offers cover for both left and right back

Archived