BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

I suppose really there never was a chance of us signing a new player,not without any money coming in from selling anyone going of previous transfer windows.

The last bit of money we got £2.5million for Benni looks like it went on the tired old excuse of players wages,and if we are really honest with ourselves looking at some of the money we pay average players at the very best it is a

total disgrace.

Let us hope the takeover happens,the trustees time is certainly up and we need to go seperate ways.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TCO - chimb will clearly not get played except for the odd cup appearance and is no doubt on much more than Jacobsen. He's also more liable to kick off and bring down team morale.

My worry is shared by others, that Sunderland, Fulham, Brum etc have all strengthened and we've done absolutely zilch. I don't expect us to be flirting with relegation come Jan, but a few injuries to key players and God forbid no takeover we could be screwed.

You argue like a six year old girl.

Abit like your constant moaning about how I see things then eh!

Realistically....answer this (if you can)

Will we REALLY miss Jacobsen, Zurab, Morris & Judge?!

Then also consider the saved wages.....Does that put us in a stronger position with the wage bill for when we do have money???

Then also consider the saved wages.....Does that put us in a stronger position with the wage bill for when we do have money???

No we won't.

But today we have become weaker because all around us have strengthened, and we haven't.

Your blind optimism is ridiculous, as always, but it's not until the really excitable days you show just how pathetically one sided you are.

We'll be fine, I hope, but I'm not as sure as I was when I woke up.

And nobody in, problem is the extra wages will disappear most likely with some excuse about not sellin enough hot dogs at half time so we had to reevaluate.

Isn't Pedersen due a pay rise? ;)

Does your arse have teeth?

:lol:

I love you Hughesy, but this post just proved that you are on Lithium at the very least.

You can not see the awful truth that in standing still we are sinking.

This is a quote on BBC from Avram Grant: "worked very hard to try to do a few things, but they did not come off". Only a matter of time until we hear something along these lines from Big Sam. It is very disappointing but we will have to make do for now. The problem is we are not weaker but neither are we a lot stronger and other teams around us are. Just have to hope we don't get hit by injuries or we really are screwed.

That depends on injuries, but we can't see into the future. What we do know for sure is that currently we have a weaker squad and we still have a number of big earners on the wage bill.

Very disappointing all round.

No we won't.

But today we have become weaker because all around us have strengthened, and we haven't.

Your blind optimism is ridiculous, as always, but it's not until the really excitable days you show just how pathetically one sided you are.

We'll be fine, I hope, but I'm not as sure as I was when I woke up.

We have lost 2 youth players who have never yet made it + a 5th choice central defender and a 3rd/ 4th choice right back......Deadwood - we dont need them, so why keep them & let them earn money here?

One minute people moan that the club pay out too much to non playing/ average players, yet the next they complain because we shift them out & put the club in a better financial position.

Yes IDEALLY we would have signed a midfielder or a striker today, but we didnt - GET OVER IT! We have 4 strikers on our books still.

• Backroom

Or on the other side (the more likely one) - we have left ourselves in a much better position with abit more room to move on the wage budget.

Earlier today though you did say there was now no excuse not to make a signing now zurab left on loan.

At least after today we can't forget about this whole charade until more false hope in January!

I hope you are right about the wage bill,and the promise of the cash injection.

We certainly need a break from the cash freeze we have been placed under by the trustees.

God knows what will happen if the takeover fails.

Nobody say the relegation word.

Archived