BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

Tuncay/Cleverly/Gudjohsson/Hleb on loan.

Tuncay I agree - however it didnt happen - would a rival allow it to happen?? Unlikely!

As for talking about players other teams have signed - they would have priced us out of those moves as they have better financial backing at the moment.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nzonzi cost £400K last year, there are bargains to be had.

Popov and The Swede could have improved our squad, we were haggling over £500K, we were offering £1.5 million and they wanted £2 million, could this not have been completed?

Good point well made.

We're in a weaker position. What's the point saving a few thousand on the wage bill when you don't use it to bring someone in!? On current form, those saved wages aren't going to make a blind bit of difference with our transfer dealings, more so if the takeover is completed. In the meantime, we have to make do with what we have - whilst our rivals have been able to strengthen.

I'm disappointed - but this is one transfer window where "keeping the powder dry" may really apply.

IF the take over goes through we will be able to afford a far better calibre of player than we could have in this window. We have also created room in the wage budget for new players.

Would it be worth signing a player like Popov - only to potentially have to let him go to create room for new players in January.

Replacing Diouf for Di Santa - and we are still arguably stronger than last season. Also lets not forget the young players still improving. It ain't all doom and gloom.

Hi all. newbie here, so if you're opinion counts for nothing before 50 posts, you can ignore this one.

But I have met bigmoon!

Anywho, We all scoff at these hard nosed business men who've made a fortune and then sp*nk £60k per week on a reserve striker.

Then some are concerned when we shift a sh*t load cash off the wages bill, when we can add better if the take over happens.

Simple economic sense.

Shhhhh don't tell them but thats what Hemmings is doing at PNE (alledgely).

Hope that taken with the pinch of salt is was made with all you whingers.

Long live SAXOMAN he he

When I heard about our lack of activity on the transfer market I came to this thread fearing that several posters hereabouts might be suicidal...........

After reading the gibberish posted by so many I find myself praying that several will pluck up the courage............. <_<:wstu:

So you are so smug and happy with the prospects that we have at the moment or lack thereof that you feel that you can wish people dead for their opinions?

Please tell me how and why you are satisfied with that window. I can understand that the trust wouldn’t splash cash of their own at transfers but clearly the club should have some money of their own somewhere to pay for at least a loan. We have a loan striker, Kalanic, and bloody Roberts as a strike force. Thank GOD we play one up front normally. What if Kalanic gets injured? What if Diouf is recalled? What if Roberts honestly no longer gives a damn? Do you trust Grella and Dunn to stay fit? Do you believe Zonzi and co can crank it out game after game after game?

We have clubs that should be nowhere near our class buying players left right and center and we are stuck in a morass of broken promises and wishful thinking.

Stinks and feels like we are in a saltwater marsh sinking up to our necks.

And shove that sign up your pink, pretentious arse.

Scarily, both Hughesy and the peopple attacking him are right.... The squad is in a much worse position, as there are at least 4-5 teams that on paper, have passed up talent wise. Of course, paper matters little, reulsts count, but we shall see. The finances are better, spent little, cut wages back, etc. Given the 91% number that's been discussed, just paring back wages is important.

If the team as it stands can "tread water" then this off season was not a raging disappointment.

If this squad sits in 19th in December, then the doom and gloom folks will be proved right.

Either way, no-one in here can be certain what the future holds, unless we have a psychic in the house...

no I said psychic, not psycho... I know we have a few of them.

You lot are a bloody embarrassment.

"How could Roberts be on 33K/wk?! Why do Rovers pay crap players so much money?!?!"

"Why doesn't anyone want to come to Rovers on a free/loan?!?! Why can't we sign Guti and Raul?!?!"

If Tuncay had come in, some numbnuts would be whining this time in three years about how no one would take him off our hands because he's on 30K/wk.

Everyone else around us have strengthened, eh? By spending 13.2M on Asamoah Effing Gyan, a guy who has scored 14 goals over two seasons and had a half-decent run of a half-dozen games during the World Cup? Well man alive, why didn't Rovers go get someone comparable?? I'm sure Robbie Findley could've been got for 15M!

Give me a break. Just like at the end of every other transfer window, people are losing their skulls over signings that other teams have made, probably 80% of which will amount to additions but not improvements.

What does this group of players have in common?

Benjani

Acquilani

Diamanti

Matic

Insua

Weiss

Ireland

Bellamy

Beattie

Sinclair

Degen

Taraabt

Fulop

You know what it is? They're all players that were signed by Premiership teams in past windows, additions that were considered "strengthening," who have been let to leave for nothing or next to nothing. It happens in every window: widespread panic that everyone else is strengthening, then later (and quietly) the realization that most of the players who were bought were just wasted money, wasted fees and wages, wasted time.

Did anybody watch the first three matches of the season? You seriously think this squad isn't good enough to stay up?

There's a takeover on the way. Breathe deep. Next window we'll be in 13th, but all this will be a distant memory. Or else it won't, and that window will be the same as this one, and we'll all survive another mid-table finish. Relax.

Nzonzi cost £400K last year, there are bargains to be had.

Popov and The Swede could have improved our squad, we were haggling over £500K, we were offering £1.5 million and they wanted £2 million, could this not have been completed?

Because we couldnt get a work permit for him

It was obviously the plan - but as usual we got blocked!

So is this Van Der Vaart deal on for Spurs?? Stunning if true. Im pretty sure Nicko rubbished it earlier, but there seems to be so much noise about it.

Birmingham, Sunderland and Stoke have all strengthened. The players they brought in were never on our radar simply due to price. £1/2m doesnt get you much Gyan these days. If our strategy was to sort out the takeover and then nail four or five signings in Jan then the lack of transfer activity this sumer is just, just about acceptable, however this takeover MUST now go through.

Tuncay I agree - however it didnt happen - would a rival allow it to happen?? Unlikely!

As for talking about players other teams have signed - they would have priced us out of those moves as they have better financial backing at the moment.

You're unbelievable.

"How could Roberts be on 33K/wk?! Why do Rovers pay crap players so much money?!?!"

"

Roberts is an established Premier League striker and has been for many years.

The remuneration he receives is the going rate for the job at a middling PL club.

That's the way it works.

Not surprising that we didn't spend any money, the trust have been on shut-down for a few years now.

The management of Roberts though has been poor though. Leaving him out of the squad was a big mistake. Unless there was a nailed-on transfer going to happen, it just left us in a weaker position to negotiate for a fee plus we could've done with him against Arsenal and Brum.

Whilst we still pay him (too much) he should be made to play for us. He was MOTM in the win against Arsenal last year and could have made a difference off the bench on saturday.

Now we are going to be stuck paying him as 4th choice striker and he is bound to be demotivated with not getting a move.

The day we play Benjani and Roberts up front will be a sad day.

Hi all. newbie here, so if you're opinion counts for nothing before 50 posts, you can ignore this one.

But I have met bigmoon!

Anywho, We all scoff at these hard nosed business men who've made a fortune and then sp*nk £60k per week on a reserve striker.

Then some are concerned when we shift a sh*t load cash off the wages bill, when we can add better if the take over happens.

Simple economic sense.

Shhhhh don't tell them but thats what Hemmings is doing at PNE (alledgely).

Hope that taken with the pinch of salt is was made with all you whingers.

Long live SAXOMAN he he

Roversmad ????? maybe. "bigmoon/saxoman"

What do these players have in common:

Adam Johnson- £6 million

Dos santos- loan

Taarabt- loan

Danny Rose- loan

Sturridge- Chelsea

Thats 5 players in the last two windows who would have improved our squad, who were within our reach- yes even Johnson

What do these players have in common:

Adam Johnson- £6 million

Dos santos- loan

Taarabt- loan

Danny Rose- loan

Sturridge- Chelsea

Thats 5 players in the last two windows who would have improved our squad, who were within our reach- yes even Johnson

I'm sorry but I dont see how Johnson and sturridge were in our reach once Chelsea and Man City came a sniffing.

So is this Van Der Vaart deal on for Spurs?? Stunning if true. Im pretty sure Nicko rubbished it earlier, but there seems to be so much noise about it.

Birmingham, Sunderland and Stoke have all strengthened. The players they brought in were never on our radar simply due to price. £1/2m doesnt get you much Gyan these days. If our strategy was to sort out the takeover and then nail four or five signings in Jan then the lack of transfer activity this sumer is just, just about acceptable, however this takeover MUST now go through.

Sky have someone stationed outside WHL and are virtually creaming themselves at the prospect of the ultimate wheel 'n' deal from 'Arry.

I think the loanees should have been on our radar. If the figures bandied about in saved wages are correct, then I can't see how we couldn't have got Gudjonssen or Hleb. Unless of course Stoke and Brum have paid big signing bonuses - do teams so that for loans?

Archived