BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I think I've overstayed my welcome.

My intentions have always been honourable and given in the best faith.

Au revoir et bonne chance avec tout.

Another member forced of the website, because of people saying he is lying and not telling us the truth. Think it's about time we listen and read what people say and have more faith in them and stop being very Negative when people are in the know.

Not a great deal from the times. we don't know whether this is true. But Mike B has said that rovers will sold by the end of the week, so it would fit into what he has said. I am putting 2 to 2 together and getting 4. hope this is right?

Theres's nothing to say that Rovers won't be sold by the end of the week.

But the fact is..

Why / When and Who to is all up to the Trustees.

Another member forced of the website, because of people saying he is lying and not telling us the truth. Think it's about time we listen and read what people say and have more faith in them and stop being very Negative when people are in the know.

Full respect to MikeB and you Chaddy but...

That is the second or third date that MikeB has provided. Philip, 1864 and I have all got flack from trying to tell you what we can and yet we are still here. Running away sulking is just another sign of an attention seeker to me.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to set an exact date on this, if MikeB knew the facts, he would know why. If it was possible to set an exact date then it would be right now. If you decided to sell me your car (After listening to all offers), would you wait a week to tell me?

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Sorry but you've posted nothing factual on this thread at all. You claim to know 'people in the know' but then so did chaddy.... Robbie Keane was a done deal wasn't it!!!

There are people posting on here who are in the know and there are people who are not. I'd rather read the views of those who actually know something!!

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Sorry but you've posted nothing factual on this thread at all. You claim to know 'people in the know' but then so did chaddy.... Robbie Keane was a done deal wasn't it!!!

There are people posting on here who are in the know and there are people who are not. I'd rather read the views of those who actually know something!!

Is it hard for people to understand that this is a jigsaw puzzle? Different people have different pieces- some are wrong, some are right. Mike B for sure talks to different people to the people I talk to and certainly did not deserve the hounding he received.

Theres's nothing to say that Rovers won't be sold by the end of the week.

But the fact is..

Why / When and Who to is all up to the Trustees.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to set an exact date on this, if MikeB knew the facts, he would know why. If it was possible to set an exact date then it would be right now. If you decided to sell me your car (After listening to all offers), would you wait a week to tell me?

he didnt set an exact date he said by 15th october. my boss alaways says we need to sort this out by such a date is this not what the board may have said.

I think comparing MikeB to Chaddy is abit of a low blow.

Honestly though if you are going to play the game on here that you are insider on a huge takeover then expect a large amount of grief. Be it questions on threads or just idiots being idiots in pm's.

Nicko has probably heard it all from internet warriors over the years but he still sticks around through it all and continues to post content. So have Philip and BPF who get all kinds of BS thrown at them on a daily basis but they stick around and post what they know.

The taking your ball and going home statements are getting abit old now.

Nicko has probably heard it all from internet warriors over the years but he still sticks around through it all and continues to post content. So have Philip and BPF who get all kinds of BS thrown at them on a daily basis but they stick around and post what they know.

The taking your ball and going home statements are getting abit old now.

agree a bit but how much cr@p should a person take. he seemed alright to me and a rovers supporter just like us all.

i hope hes right and then he might come back for a larf.

I absolutely hate what this board has descended into MikeB has only mentioned what he has heard he has not said it is definitely a fact. It is unjustified to hound an info source like him off the board. This takeover has been tricky to say the least due to the club being owned by a Trust so there were going to be some descrepancies. It is no excuse to drive people off the board and I have to say I found MikeB's posts informative & interesting and am sad to see him go & hope he returns in the future.

lets just get on with the football, and rip Sunderland apart. whatever happens, happens. we will still be supporting Rovers, whether its rich Rovers or poor Rovers. the colour of your blood will still be blue and white.

I absolutely hate what this board has descended into MikeB has only mentioned what he has heard he has not said it is definitely a fact. It is unjustified to hound an info source like him off the board. This takeover has been tricky to say the least due to the club being owned by a Trust so there were going to be some descrepancies. It is no excuse to drive people off the board and I have to say I found MikeB's posts informative & interesting and am sad to see him go & hope he returns in the future.

I agree entirely, I speak with people regularly, good football people too, who have left this board because of the ridicule they have recieved, I was always taught, listen, take on board what you think is right and discard the rest, thats it, just dont ridicule.

I got ridiculed a few years ago after I said I met Zidane in a bar in Ibiza, fortunately his autograpgh and a picture with my sons shut the buggers up!!

Everyone of these threads become unreadable with certain members asking questions every other post like a desperate kid on Christmas eve.

Tell me about it... I'm surprised more people aren't fed-up of this topic by now.

Personally I think the abuse is a sad state of affairs. Knocking the stuffing out of posters via the keyboards is strong stuff, mores the pity that the culprits dont have the bottle to even discuss the matter first via the pm system, they would rather just go on and sling abuse or berate what has been posted.

The fact of the matter is that Rovers are for sale. There are at the very least 3, yes THREE interested parties. A price has been agreed for the sale and the stages of the sale are progressed significantly.

Those who choose to ignore, berate or simply abuse, fine, live with it.

Those who may choose to read and try to understand what has been written, great, you will eventually learn to understand what is happening.

Those who fully believe in the takeover, then good for you, At least you are willing to take onboard and understand just what is happening.

This is a very important time for all Rovers fans. Its intriguing, its unsettling, its nervous and exciting. This will effect BRFC big time.

Come on guys and gals, take a little time to understand the significance of a takeover and what it actually is going to mean to Rovers.

• Backroom

The problem is 1864 some of the 'inside info' posted isn't much help to anyone. Timelines and the like are mentioned and it raises some peoples hopes and anticipations and sets people up for a fall.

I'm glad the people in the know keep a lot of the info out of the public domain where it's best for the time being.

I understand that TCO mate.

Lets be perfectly clear, I dont think there is anyone on here who is fully in the know. There are several with links and those persons converse with others to corroborate what they have learned.

Yes its good that the information is being kept out of the limelight. I am sure though at some relevant point, it will be proven beyond any doubt that we have people on here with a connection to what has been going on.

The biggest issue I have picked up on is that there are people on here who do not appreciate the gravity of the deal concerning our club. Some simply put it akin to buying sweets at the corner shop.

This is a multi million pound deal that needs doing right. I am not a businesstype person and have little idea as to running one. To run a football club must be incredibly hard, especially one like ours. However, it has been proven that it is being run correctly.

Good things come to he who waits.

Personally I think the abuse is a sad state of affairs. Knocking the stuffing out of posters via the keyboards is strong stuff, mores the pity that the culprits dont have the bottle to even discuss the matter first via the pm system, they would rather just go on and sling abuse or berate what has been posted............

This is a very important time for all Rovers fans. Its intriguing, its unsettling, its nervous and exciting. This will effect BRFC big time.

Come on guys and gals, take a little time to understand the significance of a takeover and what it actually is going to mean to Rovers.

1864, firstly i agree about the abuse and insults flying about. MikeB seemed a decent sort. Posters could chose to believe what he had to say or not. But he wasn't aggressive and disrespectful to anyone and didn't deserve to be ridiculed.

The rest of your post is what is getting everyone not in the loop so fraught. We are fed scraps of information shrouded in mystery. Nobody is willing to divulge anything concrete (rightly i so i guess) and this just fuels the fire. Nobody knows whether we are in the process of being bought out, let alone by who.

What i cannot understand is how Nicko can have information which has lead him to think a sale is unlikely. Yet 2,3 or 4 people on here strongly believe the exact opposite.

The only thing i know for certain is whoever it was that drove Kammy away should be bloody lynched. They really did cut off their nose to spite their face. This place has been a whole lot poorer in his absence.

Got to agree with 1864roverite, too many people are too quick to throw the insults around at FELLOW FANS who are only posting what they have been told. The fact that what they have been told may already be third/fourth hand with poetic licence added then who cares. Get over it and do what the majority of us are doing - make an assessment of what is posted and believe what you want. The posters are telling us stuff in good faith, they believe what they have been told and may well be proved right. If you don't believe them then just ignore it. My wife tells me loads of stuff that I don't go along with but she is more often than not convinced she is bang on right.

To be fair, I don't think MikeB was given particulary vile abuse. He joined in August and all his posts have been speculation and have only served to lead posters on.

I get the pungent whiff of a Dingle on a WUMing mission.

If anyone knows Mike and I have got it wrong, I apologise.

Personally I think the abuse is a sad state of affairs. Knocking the stuffing out of posters via the keyboards is strong stuff, mores the pity that the culprits dont have the bottle to even discuss the matter first via the pm system, they would rather just go on and sling abuse or berate what has been posted.

To argue your position, state your facts and/or opinion, but above all remain civil. Insults are for the weak minded and only undermines the position of those who resort to them.

The only thing i know for certain is whoever it was that drove Kammy away should be bloody lynched. They really did cut off their nose to spite their face. This place has been a whole lot poorer in his absence.

Lynching is a bit severe as it's a bit irreparable. Kammy might come back so the harm is not irreversible. On the other hand, a boot up the backside would be perfectly appropriate.

What i cannot understand is how Nicko can have information which has lead him to think a sale is unlikely. Yet 2,3 or 4 people on here strongly believe the exact opposite.

It is two sides of the same story.

Yes, there have been and probably still are interested parties.

Syed...been in the lead for a time and then questions raised...the money he was talking about os far greater than any possible rival.

Shah...did not have enough cash at first...if he has now, he must have allies...

Mystery Indians...came, went, came back...but at the 'who cares? stage with them.

Aussies...were supposed to be keen...gone quiet...un-like your average Aussie...too busy doing the Fosters ad maybe.

So while there are plenty of people talking - including others not mentioned above - I don't think anything will be done.

And, judging by the latest noises I have heard, the Plan B is ready to be put in place.

Maybe the best and safest option.

Anyway, after watching my mob blow their best chance of a Cup final in 39 years I am frankly fed up talking about anything to do with football.

Archived