BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

Ali Syed we know has done DD, mystery man has had time since the end of exclusivity to have finished his DD but by definition- he's a mystery! Shah has not done DD but I believe has submitted a complete detailed proposal to buy subject to DD.

With two DDs already completed, it would be surprising if Shah's lawyers asked any questions the other two had not already asked so if he comes through, his DD will be relatively quick- a week or so.

cheers phil. very grateful.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indians only make money by paying peanuts to its employees, so with Rovers being the opposite way round, how on earth can anyone think an Indian national would be a good thing for Rovers. They would be in for a culture shock and then the real problems would begin.

That is so naive and simplistic as to be off this planet. You need to get out and see the world around you- twenty years from now the combined economies of Brazil, Russia, India, China, Mexico, Turkey and Indonesia will be one third bigger than the combined economies of the USA, Canada, UK, France. Germany, Japan and Australia.

The biggest manufacturing group in the UK is now Indian-owned. Vast swathes of the highest technology companies in the USA are critically dependent on Indian born and Indian heritage engineers and mathematicians. Many of the world's foremost business school thinkers are Indians... and so on.

There are now as many people in India enjoying a western European quality of life at purchasing power parity as there are in Western Europe.

Indians only make money by paying peanuts to its employees, so with Rovers being the opposite way round, how on earth can anyone think an Indian national would be a good thing for Rovers. They would be in for a culture shock and then the real problems would begin.

Jal,that's one lazy,offensive post...

Over 1 billion people covered by one sweeping statement.

I know you usually talk @#/? but even by your standards that's pretty special.

Wage bill under control at last, bet you never thought you'd see the day. Up the Indians.

That is so naive and simplistic as to be off this planet. You need to get out and see the world around you- twenty years from now the combined economies of Brazil, Russia, India, China, Mexico, Turkey and Indonesia will be one third bigger than the combined economies of the USA, Canada, UK, France. Germany, Japan and Australia.

The biggest manufacturing group in the UK is now Indian-owned. Vast swathes of the highest technology companies in the USA are critically dependent on Indian born and Indian heritage engineers and mathematicians. Many of the world's foremost business school thinkers are Indians... and so on.

There are now as many people in India enjoying a western European quality of life at purchasing power parity as there are in Western Europe.

Bravo!

Na they just plan to introduce a special curry, one that has 'secret ingredients' which their mothers showed them - that curry alone will help us win the big trophys!! Honest!

Who needs money!

Oh great.

Can you just imagine the atmosphere if 25,000 people all had a curry? At least the club shop would do a roaring trade on blue N white clothes peg's.

lets not pretend the indians are not in this to make money. i think they see big opportunities for footie in asia. if it works for them and for us great. they could soon win friends and goodwill by changing name of ground to jack walker park. think this would protect our history.

lets not pretend the indians are not in this to make money. i think they see big opportunities for footie in asia. if it works for them and for us great. they could soon win friends and goodwill by changing name of ground to jack walker park. think this would protect our history.

I found your first post regarding the Indians in poor taste but agree with you in as much that I have no idea how any investor will make money out of Rovers irrespective of nationality.

I found your first post regarding the Indians in poor taste but agree with you in as much that I have no idea how any investor will make money out of Rovers irrespective of nationality.

you got the right person as this is my first post. i think you mean jal.

Was there not huge potential to put the commonwealth games on in India aswell.

very interest news is that Philipl. Just think we've got to wait and let JW, Rovers board, trustees and rothschilds to choose the right the person or group for the club. but i do think that we are close to having a new owner. I reckon within a month. in time for Big sam to scout players he wants for January and buy the ones he wants.

Do you work in radio?

Ali Syed we know has done DD, mystery man has had time since the end of exclusivity to have finished his DD but by definition- he's a mystery! Shah has not done DD but I believe has submitted a complete detailed proposal to buy subject to DD.

With two DDs already completed, it would be surprising if Shah's lawyers asked any questions the other two had not already asked so if he comes through, his DD will be relatively quick- a week or so.

Whilst reading through some reports on the Liverpool takeover one of the booard members (Broughton I think) was commenting on the professionalism of the new (prospective) ownwers. He said they were impressed by the fact the entire management team came over to the club and did their research/diligence.

Do we know whether Syed himself or any other bidder has actually been over to the club?

Wow I've lost count of the amount of posts removed today for infighting and borderline racism.

Keep it calm, civil and only post if you are adding real content to the topic :xmas:

Well if adding "real content" is only criteria by which we can post, then you may as well lock the thread! :lol:

sorry to be a pessimist but i reckon there will be no takeover this side of christmas.the people "in the know" keep changing there story and completion dates although im grateful to you's for keeping us updated,is anyone else sick of hearing progress has been made,you only have to look at liverpools pending takeover that to me is progress.look at shah declares his interest but never entered dd. that seems strange to me as back then he had no rivals for the club,i would like to see syed takeover the club,the mystery bidder don't sit well with me,why does he want to remain anonymous?

Unlike Liverpool, Rovers are not in High Court room 16 today, owe £270m, face administration on Friday and a 9 point deduction if the owners, board, bank and prospective owners' war is not resolved.

The delays for Rovers are all caused by good news. Multi-billionaires entering the race to buy the club and competing to win.

We are in an incredibly fortunate position as Rovers supporters. We will either be owned by a re-energized Trust or by someone who has comprehensively proved they can do a better job. If anyone doubts the Trust can re-assess their ownership stance, look at the transformation of Flybe since they were withdrawn from sale by the Trust.

Archived