BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

Mystery man is not made up- definitely exists, definitely bidding. Was probably the front runner beginning of last week after the WGA exclusive period ended without them sealing the deal and the "WGA bid in trouble" stories hit the LT and elsewhere but something happened which has resulted in mystery man not closing it out.

Three sources with good access have said the Trust has authorised funds for January. I am as confident as I can be this was agreed a week ago today when Plan B was thrashed out in an additional board meeting.

By the standards of selling £50m+ turnover businesses with three front running bidders and no urgent need to sell (eg impending insolvency), this is still a short time.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mystery man is not made up- definitely exists, definitely bidding. Was probably the front runner beginning of last week after the WGA exclusive period ended without them sealing the deal and the "WGA bid in trouble" stories hit the LT and elsewhere but something happened which has resulted in mystery man not closing it out.

Three sources with good access have said the Trust has authorised funds for January. I am as confident as I can be this was agreed a week ago today when Plan B was thrashed out in an additional board meeting.

By the standards of selling £50m+ turnover businesses with three front running bidders and no urgent need to sell (eg impending insolvency), this is still a short time.

Watching the progress of young players like Olsson, Jones, Fielding, Hanley, N'Zonzi and Linganzi certainly must most definitely give the people running the club a large measure of confidence about the immediate future of Blackburn Rovers football club.

Add all the young players on loan doing well improving their saleable value, aided by some of the old guard coming to the end of their contracts, plus, finally, a guy running the academy who now looks like hes going to deliver some quality players for the future.

Sell now :rolleyes: Alright then i'm with :wstu:

Right now, my best guess is nobody knows which way it will go for certain- and that includes the bidders, the Trustees and Rothschilds.

The best thing we can all do for the future of the club is to take the pressure off for making an early decision. It is the quality of the decision that matters, not the speed of making it.

My best guess is also that nobody knows for certain.

What is Plan B? I've read it repeatedly referenced, but what is the plan?

Or continue the way we are now

Genuinely tough decisions.

To continue as we are now means sh!t football with BFS at the helm and probable relegation eventually.

Selling to the wrong guy may mean the end of BRFC.

Some people on here may or may not know a little of what is going on. Good for them if they do but they won't have any influence on the decision or when it is announced. Fortunately we have the best current owners of a PL club to make that decision.............

let's just hope that the next owners are somewhere as near as good.

give sam funds for the january transfer window.

Or continue the way we are now

Ok. Got it, thanks.

Though I think that should be Plan A to be superceded by Plan B when a suitable buyer is located. If Plan A is to locate a buyer, that smacks of desperation and we are not desperate.

im annoyed that the trust will release funds in january.where the hell where they in the summer when sam was practically begging for money,we missed out on some great players especially guti and pentecote(had we had funds i reckon we would have bought him but now hes injured)

Business as usual down at ewood..

Ali Syed's representatives confirmed yesterday that they are STILL in talks about buying the club according to today’s LET. Sources close to the club also stated that other parties were in talks as well.

that clearly shows, that despite ongoing talks, we are nowhere near a conclusion. The complications which some have alluded to, might perhaps be the problem, as the bidders try to navigate their way through that

Here's the story in today's LT

Financial Expert warns of foreign owners

It didn't really need a financial expert to state the bleedin' obvious but I suppose they have to write something.

Strangely he lists Birmingham and Aston Villa as clubs whose foreign ownership is a bad thing but I don't thing Aston Villa are in financial trouble and weren't Birmingham worse off when the very English Gold & Sullivan were in charge?

Club with English owners as the entire or majority shareholder:

Blackburn

Blackpool*

Bolton

Everton

Newcastle

Stoke City

Tottenham

West Brom

Wigan

Wolves

So surprisingly half - just! Not counting West Ham as Sullivan is Welsh!

* Blackpool are 20% Latvian - the rest are wholly English owned.

Here's the story in today's LT

Financial Expert warns of foreign owners

It didn't really need a financial expert to state the bleedin' obvious but I suppose they have to write something.

Strangely he lists Birmingham and Aston Villa as clubs whose foreign ownership is a bad thing but I don't thing Aston Villa are in financial trouble and weren't Birmingham worse off when the very English Gold & Sullivan were in charge?

What a well-reasoned and intelligently argued article, where Cannon (who appears to have time traveled straight from 1986) presents overwhelming statistical evidence that proves conclusively that British ownership is better than foreign ownership when it comes to Premier League football clubs....

Archived