BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My best guess is also that nobody knows for certain.

I'm sticking with that guy on here who starts every post with, 'Guys.....' Remember he went for a pie and a pint with a bloke's, auntie's, dog's, mum's, budgie's, cousin and he stated it was definitely going to happen on the 15th.

I'm so excited I can hardly sleep and I've already wet my underpants (twice).

Only 2 more days!!!!!

the funny thing is if someone only checked the official website they would have absolutely no idea whatsoever that there are "takeover" talks. I think there was one 2 sentence-article posted about "interested parties" or whatever a couple of months ago, and not a word since then.

Im not having a go or being critcal of MikeB, but if he was 100℅ sure about the 15th, then he wouldnt have been too bothered with a few posters doubting him. One thing the trust need to understand, that they are not going to be in this fortunate position, if talks break down and nothing happens. They will understand, that failure to provide some money, could see them lose much more money, if we are relegated. This is a very important decision, one which could make or break the clubs future. If the trust make the wrong decision, then we could be in big trouble. Thus its important, that they are not rushed into a quick sale, to make some money. Im sure if they were after the money of the sale, then they would have jumped at Syeds offer by now, and move on. The fact that they havent done that, shows that despite their willingness to exit the club, will not make a rash decision, as they still have the best interest of the club at heart. If you think carefully about it, its not the trust that are in a fortunate position, but we as the fans who are fortunate, that we have owners who are looking to secure the club, and maintain the history of Rovers, and the legacy of uncle Jack.

Im not having a go or being critcal of MikeB, but if he was 100℅ sure about the 15th, then he wouldnt have been too bothered with a few posters doubting him. One thing the trust need to understand, that they are not going to be in this fortunate position, if talks break down and nothing happens. They will understand, that failure to provide some money, could see them lose much more money, if we are relegated. This is a very important decision, one which could make or break the clubs future. If the trust make the wrong decision, then we could be in big trouble. Thus its important, that they are not rushed into a quick sale, to make some money. Im sure if they were after the money of the sale, then they would have jumped at Syeds offer by now, and move on. The fact that they havent done that, shows that despite their willingness to exit the club, will not make a rash decision, as they still have the best interest of the club at heart. If you think carefully about it, its not the trust that are in a fortunate position, but we as the fans who are fortunate, that we have owners who are looking to secure the club, and maintain the history of Rovers, and the legacy of uncle Jack.

True Icers. You might be right to hint that we are being 'softened up' for a 'no sale' (the curious LET 'foreign owners' story today) but if that's the case then as others have said, we could do a lot worse than stay with the Trust plus I'm sure they will be spending in the next window in that eventuality. I'm with you, the futures's blue and white and that's all that's important.

It's like the gag about the family who go away on holiday and leave the cat and the granny with their relatives.

They phone home and are told 'the cat's dead.'

So they say 'you could have broken it to us gently and say the cat's gone up on the roof and it won't come down, then tell us it is going hungry and then say it's passed away.'

Then they ask 'how's granny?'

The answer goes 'well...she's up on the roof.'

Dont get me wrong, i would love to see new investment, but at the end of the day, if we screw up with the wrong owners, then we could lose more than just our epl status. Liverpool is a prime example, that they could have been in the history books for all the wrong reasons, rather than what they achieved on the pitch over their clubs illustrious past. I still want to support Rovers, no matter if we are an epl club or in the lower divisions, as long as we have owners who respect the club and its history. I dont however want to be in a situation, where Rovers vanish completely because of incompetant owners.

It's like the gag about the family who go away on holiday and leave the cat and the granny with their relatives.

So they say 'you could have broken it to us gently and say the cat's gone up on the roof and it won't come down, then tell us it is going hungry and then say it's passed away.'

You will find quite a few grannys on the roof these days. ;)

the funny thing is if someone only checked the official website they would have absolutely no idea whatsoever that there are "takeover" talks. I think there was one 2 sentence-article posted about "interested parties" or whatever a couple of months ago, and not a word since then.

That's entirely appriopiate from the club. Negotiations should be held behind closed doors.

wheres grandad then?

Liverpool didn't look long enough into Hicks and Gillet background before allow them to buy the club. Plus H and G lie to the club and the fans that they were using their own money to buy the club but, they borrow it from RBS. gillet said when you bought the club that they use their own money and the no debt on the club.

That's my biggest concern about a takeover at rovers is whoever buy the club borrow it from the bank and not use their own money. Get a loan on the club and the club has to pay the loan and not the person who has bought the club. I think rovers have to make sure that is not the case when whoever buy the club uses their own money. And I'm think the club, trustees, rothschilds and JW will make sure that this is not the case.

The 3 buyers have been quiet for about 4 to 6 weeks. Have they sign a NDA and Rovers haven't said anything apart from 'Business as usual'. If you look at the Liverpool sale everything was quiet unless the night before the sale was announce that NESV was going to buy the club. So I would imagine the same will be of us. I know we would like to know everything thats going on but business deals happen in Private and not in the public. A fact of life tbh.

Has been for ages for most of us. Just wish it was over and done with whichever way it goes because I am fed up with the whole saga. I don't really mind if we're not sold but would love to be able to stop wondering and checking this at least 5 times a day and probably more. It's all well and good saying be patient and I would of course far rahter they took longer and got it right for the good of the club and our future, but does it have to be sooooooo slow?

Sorry dan nearly posted my views as yours then.

2 days to go before we are takeover accordingly to some on here. Must be in Final Negotiations now. wonder whether anything happening at Ewood Park or happening somewhere else like a Hotel in Manchester or Manchester Airport?

:lol::lol::lol:

According to one person

No chance...

2 days to go before we are takeover accordingly to some on here. Must be in Final Negotiations now. wonder whether anything happening at Ewood Park or happening somewhere else like a Hotel in Manchester or Manchester Airport?

:lol::lol::lol:

i was at the airport on monday morning t3 and there was a rovers official meeting a young black kid..dont think he looked like he was buying us though..no idea who he was either..

What a well-reasoned and intelligently argued article, where Cannon (who appears to have time traveled straight from 1986) presents overwhelming statistical evidence that proves conclusively that British ownership is better than foreign ownership when it comes to Premier League football clubs....

and fails to tell us how we can compete in this League without a new owner, who is more likely to be foreign than not!

True Icers. You might be right to hint that we are being 'softened up' for a 'no sale' (the curious LET 'foreign owners' story today) but if that's the case then as others have said, we could do a lot worse than stay with the Trust plus I'm sure they will be spending in the next window in that eventuality. I'm with you, the futures's blue and white and that's all that's important.

The future's not blue and white with the Trust in my view. If they really had the interests of the club at heart we would have Guti and Popov playing for us now. It would have paid for itself in place money at the end of the season.

Archived