BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the "in the know" posters lost credibility some time ago. This is akin to a slow and painful death.

That’s the problem for me; not one poster has a clue about the internal mechanisms of a multi-million pound takeover. Many posters are simply googling, then guessing and presenting their information as “inside information”.

It’s all rather silly really

One argument is that it's taking so long because the Trust really want to make sure we're handed over to responsible hands...which is just about the most absurd thing I've ever heard. The Trust can't give us a spare penny to buy one player during the summer, what the hell are they going to care about us now.

That’s the problem for me; not one poster has a clue about the internal mechanisms of a multi-million pound takeover. Many posters are simply googling, then guessing and presenting their information as “inside information”.

It’s all rather silly really

...yet they seem to be held in such high regard that posts criticising this fact are being censored or removed. Frustrating times for this mb at the moment.

Ah, I see you've performed a complete u-turn from your long held "I'm 99% certain we'll have new owners by Christmas" stance.

I don't pretend to have any inside info on this matter but I really can't see a sale going ahead to any cf the current potential suitors after this length of time.

However if a sale doesn't occur in the next week or two I'm certain we will remain for sale, we won't be taken off the market and I would be very surprised indeed if any funding suddenly became available in January having previously been witheld from Messrs. Hughes Ince and Allardyce.

Oh, there'll be funding, it just won't amount to very much at all. Something to rivalk our record transfer fee (when we bought Mark Atkins).

These things do take time, but after hearing WGA publicly pronounce that they'll spend £300m on Rovers in the next 15 years, suddenly to have radio silence for week upon week is very frustrating. Plus whatever happened to a full and detailed response to those Radio 5 Live accusations? I guess they're too busy in takeover talks to issue a watertight rebuttal, but I look forward to hearing about it once talks have been completed.

I just wonder how much longer this will all go on for?

A logical conundrum:

Jack set up the trust to look after the long term future of BR. YES

The trust can only sell BR to a buyer if said buyer adheres to certain covenants to ensure the long term future of BR. SEEMINGLY TRUE.

Therefore it would follow that the trust THEMSELVES must adhere to these same covenants to ensure the long term future of BR.

If this is the case then what on earth are these covenants?

“You have to pledge to pay zero of your own money and only should you have a positive balance after player trading and provided you decrease the overall salary levels, can you provide a limited amount to funding new players”

Hoping to finally unveil the mystery Indian tomorrow in the People.

It is a too-bizarre-to-be-true job, but what can you say?

Not sure how much the tale will get, but anything left out will be expanded on here tomorrow.

No idea if these people are going to get the club.

Absolutely no idea why they would want it.

Still of the opinion that there won't be a takeover, but you can't ignore some of the goings-on behind the scenes.

Philip, you're going to have to help me with all this. I can't keep up with all these messages with more than a whiff of mystery about them. Its like listening to bleeding Mystic Meg. Every message by anybody seemingly in the know seems to be worded to give the poster one or more get out clauses. I don't wish to offend anybody here, but these snippets are just not helpful. They don't give us anything. I've heard people saying they just want to offer up information available to them, doing us all a service. But i suspect some have gone power crazy. There shouldn't be pleasure to be had from leading people on a merry dance with throw away comments about paper sales, activity at Ewood, increase in catering staff etc...

I genuinely don't wish to offend any posters on here. However, for the life of me i can't understand how these posts help anyone. It only serves to get the poster some credibilty with others who cannot get through an evening without asking the usual abundance of stupid questions;

When will we be sold? What is Syed's plans regarding half time entertainment? Who is the Mystery man? Who is likely to sign if Shah takes over? How rich is the mystery man? blah blah blah blah blah!!

All this talk of 'plan B' is all very reassuring. I wonder which eastern block country we'll scout to spend our £1.5m the Trust are going to lovingly offer up. Ok if the current gaggle of buyers are less than genuine or whatever, it is good to know the trust are doing a proper job of checking them out. But lets not get carried away with ourselves. This plan b investment we are hearing of will hardly be astronomical.

I can assure you that information I have has not come from Google but people very high up in Blackburn Rovers.

Things have changed rapidly in the past two weeks. Once we are able to post everything, then we will do. As I mentioned last night, you can expect to hear much of what we know in the LET this week.

Not sure how much the tale will get, but anything left out will be expanded on here tomorrow.

Still of the opinion that there won't be a takeover, but you can't ignore some of the goings-on behind the scenes.

Looks like you might be hearing about it in the People...

As Nicko said, it is really too weird to be believed.

Also, the mystery Indians are not the same people as the mystery bidder.

[Removed content]

Ah, I see you've performed a complete u-turn from your long held "I'm 99% certain we'll have new owners by Christmas" stance.

I don't pretend to have any inside info on this matter but I really can't see a sale going ahead to any cf the current potential suitors after this length of time.

However if a sale doesn't occur in the next week or two I'm certain we will remain for sale, we won't be taken off the market and I would be very surprised indeed if any funding suddenly became available in January having previously been witheld from Messrs. Hughes Ince and Allardyce.

Rev, Until recently, a sale by Christmas did look 99% certain.

So we are on the verge of finding out the identity of a mystery Indian who is now unlikely to buy the club. All the mysterious messages have been building up to this point?

The 'Mystery Indian' has been assessed at having the best chance of buying the club by someone high up...

They have been waiting for the others to run into difficulty.

The 'Mystery Indian' has been assessed at having the best chance of buying the club by someone high up...

They have been waiting for the others to run into difficulty.

BPF - I apologise if my posts have seemed harsh or aggressive. To be honest i'm just totally sick of the whole business. The Syed PR storm has a lot to answer for. Raising hopes only to fade away.

Anyway, i guess you're saying the bids we were aware of have hit the rocks and this mystery Indian chap is now looking into thing, but its essentially back to square one. He is having to cover the ground Syed etc... already have? In which case a sale before Christams seems unlikely but a sale beyond this point is still possible? I myself have heard the mystery Indian bid consists of a two investors. They have kept a very low profile for over 15 years amassing funds i believe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ilove/years/1995/gallery/sanjaygita.shtml

A logical conundrum:

Jack set up the trust to look after the long term future of BR. YES

The trust can only sell BR to a buyer if said buyer adheres to certain covenants to ensure the long term future of BR. SEEMINGLY TRUE.

Therefore it would follow that the trust THEMSELVES must adhere to these same covenants to ensure the long term future of BR.

If this is the case then what on earth are these covenants?

“You have to pledge to pay zero of your own money and only should you have a positive balance after player trading and provided you decrease the overall salary levels, can you provide a limited amount to funding new players”

You have got to look at the covenants over a much longer timeframe than you are looking at.

1) Jack stopped chipping in for 18 months following the league title.

2) Far more capital has gone into the Rovers since Jack's death than during his life time.

3) About as much cash has gone into Rovers in the decade since Jack's death as in the decade before Jack's death.

4) Since the Trust said they would not fund the Rovers because the massive increase in media money should enable it to stand on its own two feet, the Trust has actually put an additional £5m in.

5) If you look at the club's performance since it went onto tighter rations from the Trust, it has broken even financially and finished in the top half of the table four years out of five.

Now there is something new for the life of me who in God's name are the above 2 people BPF?. Those pics mean about as much sense to me as the chap who posted a pic of the Indian woman asking to give K.Andrews a chance. Nicko I know things have been secretive of late but these mystery Indians you say are coming out tommorrow they are not by chance the Mahindra Group or any association of them?. In these mystery Indians is this Bharti Mittel involved with it?. BPF please finally for the life of me tell me who the above couple are and why you have posted them?. Thanks.

Is he has rich has Mr Ali Nicko?

Now there is something new for the life of me who in God's name are the above 2 people BPF?. Those pics mean about as much sense to me as the chap who posted a pic of the Indian woman asking to give K.Andrews a chance. Nicko I know things have been secretive of late but these mystery Indians you say are coming out tommorrow they are not by chance the Mahindra Group or any association of them?. In these mystery Indians is this Bharti Mittel involved with it?. BPF please finally for the life of me tell me who the above couple are and why you have posted them?. Thanks.

Oh dear Lord, give it a rest.

There are others who have got hold of what is happening from sources that is not me.

I am not going to break my confidences but as I hinted last night, people are going to be very surprised.

As far as I am aware, the mystery Indian who first appeared in the People, the mystery man who was on the short list in the very recent past and the news that is bound to break shortly as so many people are aware of it are three different and unconnected parties.

I do not think the agent Jerome Anderson is about to take a major role in the future of Rovers, you will be very glad to know.

Nicko I know things have been secretive of late but these mystery Indians you say are coming out tommorrow they are not by chance the Mahindra Group or any association of them?. In these mystery Indians is this Bharti Mittel involved with it?.

I don't think the Mahindra group have any links with the latest Indians...but who knows what links exist in the background.

I don't think there is a Mittel in sight...but, again, who knows who knows who in India.

The people I have stumbled across are so odd [no disrespect meant] that I find it all very, very unlikely.

I have no idea what they have planned. I frankly can't get my head round it.

But it seems to be real.

However, I still have major doubts that anyone will buy the club...whether they have big bucks or not.*

(*That is an in joke for the benefit of some around here)

Archived