BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are others who have got hold of what is happening from sources that is not me.

I am not going to break my confidences but as I hinted last night, people are going to be very surprised.

As far as I am aware, the mystery Indian who first appeared in the People, the mystery man who was on the short list in the very recent past and the news that is bound to break shortly as so many people are aware of it are three different and unconnected parties.

I do not think the agent Jerome Anderson is about to take a major role in the future of Rovers, you will be very glad to know.

Posted 02 October 2010 - 21:41 PM

We can stop referring to mystery man now but what bit of Mahindra is involved, what their motivation is and what their offer is remain mysteries. They are closing down their Indian football club Mahindra United saying they cannot make profits from it but that they are NOT exiting from football. Mahindra are big in IT and telecoms systems and have had a JV with BT for many years- Mahindra Technology is 39% owned by BT.

This post has been edited by philipl: 02 October 2010 - 22:00 PM

In the next post Philip you referred to "the emergence of the 6 billion Mahindra group". So at the time, just a couple of weeks ago, you accepted completely that the 3rd party was Mahindra. Now you've dropped him as if he never existed. This is what is bringing this thread down and making so many people so pi**ed off.

Just to make it even more odd...one of them is deceased.

So people from the grave are able to takeover football clubs now? If that's the case then why have we not been asking Jack to come back to his beloved Rovers...

Hang on, I've just had a recollection. That's not Benazir Bhutto(sp) is it?

...yet they seem to be held in such high regard that posts criticising this fact are being censored or removed. Frustrating times for this mb at the moment.

Oh give over! Myself and other mods/admins have consistantly stated that posts which are not relevant to the discussion would be removed and unless I am mistaken you and others having a rant at people is not only off topic but in breach of the posting guidelines. So instead of moaning try and contribute something of some use to the topic rather than just moaning at other people.

Just to make it even more odd...one of them is deceased.

I'm no expert but wouldn't that make it a bit difficult for them to meet the PL to pass the new ownership test ;)

Posted 02 October 2010 - 21:41 PM

We can stop referring to mystery man now but what bit of Mahindra is involved, what their motivation is and what their offer is remain mysteries. They are closing down their Indian football club Mahindra United saying they cannot make profits from it but that they are NOT exiting from football. Mahindra are big in IT and telecoms systems and have had a JV with BT for many years- Mahindra Technology is 39% owned by BT.

This post has been edited by philipl: 02 October 2010 - 22:00 PM

In the next post Philip you referred to "the emergence of the 6 billion Mahindra group". So at the time, just a couple of weeks ago, you accepted completely that the 3rd party was Mahindra. Now you've dropped him as if he never existed. This is what is bringing this thread down and making so many people so pi**ed off.

If you track on through my posts you will see I said subsequently it didn't appear to be Mahindra.

It is now far enough back in history now for me to explain I posted that after two separate people in Mahindra had indicated to two different people they were involved.

I have posted what I believed to be true at the time but as I have repeatedly explained, people change their minds and intentions and we are outsiders peeping in and only getting the slightest of glimpses.

I acknowledge I get things wrong and I do know I am going to be eating humble pie on here on Monday. But not about Mahindra.

I'm no expert but wouldn't that make it a bit difficult for them to meet the PL to pass the new ownership test ;)

I'm not sure the Premier League could tell the difference...

The fact that the only public face of the gorup concerned is the people photographed just tells you how obscure this whole thing is.

Been running around like a headless chicken on this one for the past couple of days.

Oh give over! Myself and other mods/admins have consistantly stated that posts which are not relevant to the discussion would be removed and unless I am mistaken you and others having a rant at people is not only off topic but in breach of the posting guidelines. So instead of moaning try and contribute something of some use to the topic rather than just moaning at other people.

Modes, like you I don't have an inside track on takeover events so I'm not going to make things up.

If I did have information I wouldn't be on here every day dropping hints that " I know something you don't know". Because that just adds to the frustration. Yet a quick joke (hardly a rant by any stretch) is seen as offensive?

If people know something but can't or won't say, then they should just keep quiet about it. Posts which do nothing but show off that fact seem just as irrelevant IMHO.

I'm not sure the Premier League could tell the difference...

The fact that the only public face of the gorup concerned is the people photographed just tells you how obscure this whole thing is.

Been running around like a headless chicken on this one for the past couple of days.

Is this who the rovers board and trustees want to own rovers? Do they see them has our best option for us? Are the Mystery buyer a billionaire?

Here is a list of wealthly Indian by net worth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indians_by_net_worth

BPF - I apologise if my posts have seemed harsh or aggressive. To be honest i'm just totally sick of the whole business. The Syed PR storm has a lot to answer for. Raising hopes only to fade away.

Anyway, i guess you're saying the bids we were aware of have hit the rocks and this mystery Indian chap is now looking into thing, but its essentially back to square one. He is having to cover the ground Syed etc... already have? In which case a sale before Christams seems unlikely but a sale beyond this point is still possible? I myself have heard the mystery Indian bid consists of a two investors. They have kept a very low profile for over 15 years amassing funds i believe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ilove/years/1995/gallery/sanjaygita.shtml

There was nothing to be suspicious about Syed, not at all - he has followed Rovers for 10 years and when asked to name one of our players, the answer was... erm.....erm...

Have to say Mr Nixon the headless chicken quip was quite funny.

Lets hope Rovers havent put all of their eggs into one basket on this occasion.

All this talk of chickens and not a goose in sight.

A gander in the people tomorrow will no doubt be followed by a lot of clucking.

This thread is for the egotistical few to show off what little they know by revealing...absolutely sweet FA. How is that helping or contributing?

Modes, like you I don't have an inside track on takeover events so I'm not going to make things up.

If I did have information I wouldn't be on here every day dropping hints that " I know something you don't know". Because that just adds to the frustration. Yet a quick joke (hardly a rant by any stretch) is seen as offensive?

If people know something but can't or won't say, then they should just keep quiet about it. Posts which do nothing but show off that fact seem just as irrelevant IMHO.

Ah but the fact is you don't know what I know. For all you know I could be John Williams or Mr Syed, granted I am not but the anonymous nature of the internet makes it very difficult to distinguish between fact and fiction.

I just really dislike the fact that you are saying we are trying to cover things up and this is a massive conspiracy. In the past we have let a lot of insults towards other members go but it has put a lot of people off the board. Driving away users regardless of is they are "in the know" or not is not acceptable, posters have always made things up and that goes even further when you look at the BBC messages on transfer deadline day or the majority of transfer rumours printed in the press. However that doesn't give posters a right to then abuse all those giving information, some in good faith that they think it is true.

We will remove a lot of posts which you never see, so how you can't say that we don't just remove things from 1 side of the arguement.

As long as the post is not in breach of the posting guidelines then it stays. Any posts which simply brag, insult or do not offer any relevance will be removed.

Anyway back to the topic of mystery bidders and takeovers that may or may not be nearly complete.

Guys, I will not elaborate on the reasons as to why I decided to stop participating regularly on this MB other than to say that my decision has been vindicated.

As those who purport to be 'in the know' will know, two weeks ago, yesterday (15 Oct.) was seen as the 'end game', however, as Harold Macmillan once said "Events, my dear boy, events".

Not quite sure why all the secrecy now by some on here as Nicko has revelations in tomorrow's People - I also know that at least one national broadsheet will most probably run with an article and that the LT's mouthpiece has, I understand, been briefed.

Two adjectives used to me about this week's events were "emotional and tumultuous". Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

If my stock with many of you wasn't so low, I'd have been happy to share with you what I know.

Ah but the fact is you don't know what I know. For all you know I could be John Williams or Mr Syed, granted I am not but the anonymous nature of the internet makes it very difficult to distinguish between fact and fiction.

I just really dislike the fact that you are saying we are trying to cover things up and this is a massive conspiracy. In the past we have let a lot of insults towards other members go but it has put a lot of people off the board. Driving away users regardless of is they are "in the know" or not is not acceptable, posters have always made things up and that goes even further when you look at the BBC messages on transfer deadline day or the majority of transfer rumours printed in the press. However that doesn't give posters a right to then abuse all those giving information, some in good faith that they think it is true.

We will remove a lot of posts which you never see, so how you can't say that we don't just remove things from 1 side of the arguement.

As long as the post is not in breach of the posting guidelines then it stays. Any posts which simply brag, insult or do not offer any relevance will be removed.

Anyway back to the topic of mystery bidders and takeovers that may or may not be nearly complete.

I can't really respond to this without getting deeper into an argument. Except to say that the bit in bold I can only provide an opinion of the posts that remain which I feel similarly add no value. I will shut my trap now (for a bit).

Although I would like to clarify that my comments were not a personal attack on any mods or an accusation of conspiracy. (Censorship doesn't necessarily amount to conspiracy though, unless I'm genuinely mistaken). I apologise for any distress caused and will refrain from naming individuals' (aliases) in future.

Ok, now I'll shut my trap - even to the point of not responding to MikeB's bait.

Archived