BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

Tevez out for 4 weeks, good news for Rovers with City coming up.

It will never happen but 4 points in the next 2 games puts us just about there and stop all this stress.

Great news, he is the focal point of everything City try to do- sad state of ffairs considering the money spent!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know some would be delighted if we were relegated and are even hoping for us to drop even further so they can keep crowing. I am not amongst those people.

No genuine Rovers' fans are going to be delighted if the club are relegated. I've witnessed four relegations, the first being 1965-66, and I don't think anyone was delighted. It's the fact that supporters are so desperate not to get relegated that makes people so unhappy with the whole Venkys - Kean - Anderson situtation. Just because people are unhappy with the decisions taken by Mrs. Desai doesn't mean to say that they want the club to fail. Quite the reverse. It's the belief that the decisions taken are creating the environment in which the club will fail that is the concern.

Those of us who have witnessed the lean years, particularly in the late sixties and early seventies, know just how damaging relegation can be in certain situations. Watching matches at Ewood Park with thousands of empty seats is not going to a spectacle than anyone can take delight in.

I'm really not sure how you can come to that conclusion Kelbo, the fight and desire at Arsenal was wonderful to see, and the comeback against Bpool, not the signs of a team that doesn't have fire in their bellies and a desire to win.

Not sure I can agree with yours totally Gav.

To me the Arsenal game was more about safety in numbers and Arsenal being absolutely toothless in front of goal - the first 15 mins our organisation and defending was about the worse I have ever seen in professional footbal - we just didn't have a clue.

I think there is fight there upto a point (that bar again)but not necessarily the desire to bust a blood vessel to win.

Somebody needs to step upto the mettle and drag the others with him - Hoilet is trying his best and Olsson and Robinson are throwing in their showing support but bar some cameos there's not much else.

Phil Jones return could be the tonic they needed but I think we need to see more than just surviving in a game or snatching a last gasp equaliser.

We have to grab games by the scruff of the neck and dictate for once.

How can you dictate a game without a player in your team capable of dictating play?

But we have (Hoilet) and he has been trying to do it, just he can't do it all by himself. As

I have said previously, its a team game and we need to get more than 50% pulling in the same direction and showing that sheer determination to affect the game.

Arsenal was a start in terms of fight - but it needs to be from the off and on our terms.

To me the Arsenal game was more about safety in numbers and Arsenal being absolutely toothless in front of goal - the first 15 mins our organisation and defending was about the worse I have ever seen in professional footbal - we just didn't have a clue.

Are you for real??

Usually we go there and concede 6 :blink:

Are you for real??

Usually we go there and concede 6 :blink:

To be fair, we were crap for the first 10-15 mins, and Arsenals finishing was lacking. But apart from that the lads did put a shift in that day. I wish they put in that passion and commitment every game anyhow!

Not sure I can agree with yours totally Gav.

I think there is fight there upto a point (that bar again)but not necessarily the desire to bust a blood vessel to win.

Somebody needs to step upto the mettle and drag the others with him - Hoilet is trying his best and Olsson and Robinson are throwing in their showing support but bar some cameos there's not much else.

Phil Jones return could be the tonic they needed but I think we need to see more than just surviving in a game or snatching a last gasp equaliser.

We have to grab games by the scruff of the neck and dictate for once.

I can't really argue with any of that Capt, but I still think that despite Arsenal having a bad day and us having a terrible first 10 minutes, it showed character and desire to come away from there with a point.

I also believe we’d have lost against Bpool and Brum if the fight wasn’t there, or that’s what I’m holding on to in the run in:

WE HAVE FIGHT AND DESIRE TO STAY IN THE LEAGUE, don’t we?

I also believe we’d have lost against Bpool and Brum if the fight wasn’t there, or that’s what I’m holding on to in the run in:

I was optimistic going into the Brum game but I didn't see much fight there. Not like I did in second half of the Blackpool game or away at Arsenal. We got an equaliser from a superb bit of play from Jnr. An individual bit of effort. That was it. Brum were crap and so were we. Thank goodness for Jnr or we could have been defeated by a very poor team.

I can't really argue with any of that Capt, but I still think that despite Arsenal having a bad day and us having a terrible first 10 minutes, it showed character and desire to come away from there with a point.

WE HAVE FIGHT AND DESIRE TO STAY IN THE LEAGUE, don’t we?

As Churchill would say .. ohh yesh!!

As for the BPOOL & BRUM - we found ourselves in positions we should not have been in regardless of how the goals where conceded

The fight, desire - blood sweat and tears has to be there from the start and for the whole 90 mins( +) - not just when it suits or when they wake up and smell the coffee.

One things for sure, if we don't play better than we have done in any game in the last 3 months we are going down. Although we have shown some spirit and not done too bad recently we are still not looking like winning games at home against mediocre sides and that isn't good enough. The likes of Wolves and Wigan even are capable of winning games against most people on their day but we don't seem to be. We must beat Bolton as I can't see us winning any of the other games but the odd point here and there would be a boost in the other games, starting on Saturday. The lack of creativity from midfield is still a huge problem though and whatever happens we need to have a clear out and a re-think. For example, personally my heart sinks when I see Emerton's name in the team nowadays.

For example, personally my heart sinks when I see Emerton's name in the team nowadays.

Brett works hard and has a good engine however he has been poor recently. Sadly we just don't get enough quality from him.

Tevez is out for up to 4 weeks so that should mean he misses our game! That is a massive bonus.

Only Dzeko or Balotelli with Silva just behind to compete with then.

I know that Dzeko has been on fire since his big money move!! Balotelli is a liability if wound up, and Silva is class but not a out and out goal scorer.

Tevez missing is brilliant news.

Dzeko has the capabilities of being absolutely formidable infront of goal. Infact, almost shearer esq.

Balotelli, if wound up, will either bag a brace with 2 high quality finishes or get himself sent off.

Either way, I think we'll win 5-2.

• Backroom

The worst thing about it is I can see us staying out of the drop zone till right at the end and then Wolves beating us to save them and send us down

The worst thing about it is I can see us staying out of the drop zone till right at the end and then Wolves beating us to save them and send us down

This what I dont get, people saying "well we wont lose to Wolves or West Ham". Where the hell is the evidence to suggest otherwise?! We couldnt beat Blackpool or Brum at home FFS.

I too think we'll hover just over the drop zone and we'll go to Wolves with the winner staying up. Our boys strike me as bottlers so you can guess the rest.

WE HAVE FIGHT AND DESIRE TO STAY IN THE LEAGUE, don't we?

On the evidence of today's performance I would say we don't have the desire, we don't have the talent and we certainly don't have the leadership.

I started this thread somewhat speculatively back in January but I seriously did not expect it to come to this.

On the evidence of today's performance I would say we don't have the desire, we don't have the talent and we certainly don't have the leadership.

I started this thread somewhat speculatively back in January but I seriously did not expect it to come to this.

Really? I honestly thought it from Boxing Day.

• Backroom

This what I dont get, people saying "well we wont lose to Wolves or West Ham". Where the hell is the evidence to suggest otherwise?! We couldnt beat Blackpool or Brum at home FFS.

Don't understand that either, or people thinking we'll beat Man City next monday :blink: based on current form I don't see where a win is coming from in any of our remaining fixtures... can see a couple of draws at best. Whether that'll be enough, I don't know. Will depend on how bad WHU and Wigan are in these last few fixtures. They must be looking at us and thinking 'come on lads, we can finish above them at least'.

We've needed to only win two games for the past six to eight weeks to be safe.

We have failed. I cannot see us winning another game.

Goodbye Prem.

Hello Championship.

Archived