• Last Reply
  • Backroom

It's so close this season I think the relegation teams will come from three of:

Rovers

Blackpool

West Ham

Wolves

Wigan

(Possibly Sunderland if they continue their bad run).

Just done the predictor and I had the bottom three as:

18th- West Ham- 38 points.

19th- Wolves- 37 points.

20th- Rovers- 36 points.

Might be seen as pessimistic (I think it's actually realistic) but I don't see Rovers picking up another win this season. In fact I only see us picking one more point this season and that's from the Bolton game, Bolton don't look the same side without Holden.

I did it an hour or so ago and had us picking up just the point agaisnt Bolton as well, I think I am just preparing myself for the worst knowing an unexpected win anywhere else puts us close to the line.

I do think we'll go down but with football you just never know, I think we all just have the feeling that we know whats coming though it's all lining up for us to drop like it did last time. We've already had a few Ashley Ward penalty decisions in vital games.

Our run in isn't great but if we scrape three draws together and do not lose against West Ham & Wolves we'll stay up IMO. Defeat against either West Ham or Wolves will likely consign us to relegation, as I don't see us getting many points elsewhere :(

That's a fair point. Under Kean we've been terrible and have barely looked like winning games, but also have been OK at looking like avoiding defeat (close defeats/decent comebacks/draw at Arsenal). If we can avoid defeat against West Ham and Wolves and ensure they don't get the points then that'd be a glimmer of hope. But I think we'll need to win one of those to stay up - and neither side is in terrible form right now.

It's so close this season I think the relegation teams will come from three of:

Rovers

Blackpool

West Ham

Wolves

Wigan

(Possibly Sunderland if they continue their bad run).

J

Having eventually got round to watching Birmingham v Sunderland, I don't think Sunderland will go down. I've rarely seen a side lose 2-0 but be so comfortably the better team.

Oh for a little bit of the luck Brum got in that game!

A lot of key matches today and Im hoping to god that they will all go in our favour.

Sunderland - Wigan

I am extremely nervous about the Sland - Wigan match where Sunderland have the worst form in the league and have a lot of key players injured. Wigan come from an important victory against Blackpool and probably have restored the confidence in the players group. Wigan also have historically good results against Sunderland.

Wolves - Fulham

Wolves seem to have lost their good form which they had in January / February, but they are able to beat anyone at the Molineux. We have to pray that our former manager Sparky will steal all the points.

Chelsea - West Ham

Chelsea all fired up and are setting their sights on the premier league title yet again. West Ham have been in bad form lately, but a london derby can go either way. Hope Lampard is helping sinking his old club.

Blackpool - Newcastle

Newcastle with a good game against the title leaders (United) and Blackpool with a horrible match against Wigan. Blackpool really have lost some of their edge. Hopefully Ian Howe isnt the man to turn them around and they will lose another home game.

*Crossing fingers for Sunderland, Newcastle, Fulham and CHelsea*

• Backroom

I'm expecting Wolves and Blackpool to win today sadly making Monday all the more edgy.

Should those 2 lose they deserve to go down as much as we do really.

Think Wigan will at least get a point as well.

United HAVE to beat West Ham today.

Spurs HAVE to beat West Brom today.

I expect Newcastle to get at least a draw and if they do that and Sunderland can pick up something then things will look quite good come the end of today.

This will jinx it, but i think today's fixtures look pretty good from our point of view. I can see Blackpool pinching something, but that aside the odds favour us. Wigan haven't had back to back victories in something like 63 games. Chelsea have perked up and obviously Parker (West Ham's heartbeat) is out. Hughes has turned Fulham into a decent side who are very hard to beat. Plus Zamora faces Henry with a little something to prove.

But, we need to look after ourselves. City obviously have quality, but there are points to be had if we can get at them. Yaya Toure worries me more than anyone else. Jermain Jones will have to do a job on him to stop his late breaks into the box. Anything that big gets some serious momentum and will need to be nulified. Tough task though.

• Backroom

United HAVE to beat West Ham today.

Spurs HAVE to beat West Brom today.

I expect Newcastle to get at least a draw and if they do that and Sunderland can pick up something then things will look quite good come the end of today.

I will bet you £250 that United don't beat West Ham today ;)

Kevin Doyle on Talksport saying he should be fit for Wolves' final two games of the season.

Not good news.

To be honest if we are fearing the return of a striker who, at best, is mediocre then we really should just give up. He may be better than anything we have got but he is certainly no Messiah!!

Good thing is today, i can't see Blackpool, Wigan or West Ham getting anything, Wolved might get something against Fulham but again i cant see them winning.

If all goes according to plan, then a point against City on Monday would be fine.

To be honest if we are fearing the return of a striker who, at best, is mediocre then we really should just give up. He may be better than anything we have got but he is certainly no Messiah!!

Don't use that word!! We'll have a new thread pop up now. "Kevin Doyle - Mediocre striker or messiah".

That result is irrelevant to us, we're not going to catch West Brom.

perhaps thats true, but they are on 38 points. And if by some miracle we beat City, then we are level with West Brom. A point against City would be great, if all results go our way. However, i have a feeling, that 1 or 2 results will go against us today.

Archived