BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

Interesting round of fixtures but we have a tricky run in.

Blackpool:

Stoke (H) W

Spurs (A) L

Bolton (H) D

Man U (A) L

4 points

Spurs and Man U two games which they shouldnt get anything from, but Bolton and Stoke are both home games which they could easily get points from. Out of form though - even with 4 points from those games I see them on 38 points.

West Ham:

Chelsea (A) L

Man City (A) L

Rovers (H) D

Wigan (A) D

Sunderland (H) W

5 points

Two tough games, but then they've got home games against the two worst teams in the league currently, along with an away game at Wigan where they could easily pick up points. 5 points from those games. However I think they'll be in a considerable amount of trouble before those three games and it'll be difficult to claw it back. A lot will depend on Scott Parkers' fitness. Going down I think with 37 points

Wolves:

Stoke (A) L

Birmingham (A) D

West Brom (H) D

Sunderland (A) D

Rovers (H) W

6 points

The run in from heaven. Not in particularly bad form right now, performing at a similar level (if not better) than they have done all season. No really tough games, they'll cobble together enough points - probably enough to stay up. Have to say I fancy them to win one of those home games - they've won 7 at home this season. I sadly see us as the prime candidates. Staying up with 39 points.

Wigan:

Everton (H) D

Villa (A) L

West Ham (H) D

Stoke (A) D

No really easy games but can only realistically see them picking up three points at home to West Ham and even then I think that'll be a draw. Going down with 37 points.

Which leaves Rovers.

It is absolutely imperative that we avoid defeat against West Ham in particular.

Wolves I think will stay up due to their easier run in. However West Ham have a tougher run in and fewer points on the board.

We could easily not win another game and stay up - none of our games are ones we'd feel that confident about winning, but equally all of them we will feel we can get something from.

Even three points from our last few games would put us on 38 points which could quite easily see us safe. All signs are pointing to the Upton Park game as the huge, huge one though.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you mean, 3 points against Man City is the same as 3 points against Bolton, all I'm saying is that if we do lose to City it isn't the end of the world. If we lose to Bolton, West Ham etc... it probably means relegation.

Todays results mean that we can go into the City game with little pressure, if we lose, we won't drop (much).

I think if Blackpool don't beat Stoke next weekend they're probably down.

Wigan - West Ham is arguably the most important "other" fixture. A draw in that game would be absolutely massive for our chances of staying up.

Put it this way - if Blackpool don't win against Stoke or Bolton, if Wigan and West Ham draw and if we avoid defeat at Upton Park I think we're staying up.

Goal rush bet @ Ladbrokes - set odds, 10 is 350/1, 9 is 175/1 (I think), 90/1 for 8 etc. Won 4 times so far this season.

Back on topic anyway....

Blackpools last 4.....Stoke (H), Spurs (A), Bolton (H), United (A) - CANT see much for them, think they are gone!

Aye nifty little coupon that, I don't bother with result accas now.

Bloody Reading Leeds 0-0 last night cost me 'undreds!

I think if Blackpool don't beat Stoke next weekend they're probably down.

Wigan - West Ham is arguably the most important "other" fixture. A draw in that game would be absolutely massive for our chances of staying up.

Put it this way - if Blackpool don't win against Stoke or Bolton, if Wigan and West Ham draw and if we avoid defeat at Upton Park I think we're staying up.

I agree with that, tgm; but doesn't it make you realise how big a word "if" is?! ;)

I still think the real "biggie" is our game at Upton Park a fortnight today.

Win it; and, thanks to our goal difference, I think we'll be safe. Draw it; and with just Man Utd [H] and Wolves [A] to follow, it really will be, in Sir Ferguson's phrase, "squeaky bum time". Lose it; is just not an option worth contemplating.

You can be sure that the last game against Wolves will either be a relegation play-off or possibly Wolves may be down and we have to fight to survive and they may put one over us. Too many times over the years we have screwed up against teams that had nothing to play for in the last game of the season.

You can be sure that the last game against Wolves will either be a relegation play-off or possibly Wolves may be down and we have to fight to survive and they may put one over us. Too many times over the years we have screwed up against teams that had nothing to play for in the last game of the season.

Wolves won't already be down. They could have secured safety by then - look at their fixtures.

After today's results (assuming WHAM lose), had a go at the Beeb predictor.

I think it's bad news for the N.W. with Rovers, Pool & Wigan all taking the drop.

I don't think 39 points will be enough. Can see us picking-up 4 points (Bolton win, Manure draw as they'll have it won by then). The rest losses. Just can't see us getting anything from Wolves & WHAM away in a pressure situation.

15 WHAM -19 41 (wins v Rovers & @ Wigan)

16 Wolves -19 40

17 Brum -20 40

18 Rovers -17 39

19 Pool -27 38

20 Wigan -25 36

If there's one team I'd rather not play in a game like that, it's one managed by Mick McCarthy. The game's likely to be either a "6-pointer" or their farewell to the Premier League, and he'll have them SO motivated to do well. :o

I'm not sure our current manager will be able to motivate our team as much. :mellow:

After today's results (assuming WHAM lose), had a go at the Beeb predictor.

I think it's bad news for the N.W. with Rovers, Pool & Wigan all taking the drop.

I don't think 39 points will be enough. Can see us picking-up 4 points (Bolton win, Manure draw as they'll have it won by then). The rest losses. Just can't see us getting anything from Wolves & WHAM away in a pressure situation.

15 WHAM -19 41 (wins v Rovers & @ Wigan)

16 Wolves -19 40

17 Brum -20 40

18 Rovers -17 39

19 Pool -27 38

20 Wigan -25 36

For west ham to get to 41 points they need 9 points out of 12, where did you get the other win for them? I personally think 39 will be enough to survive, the way Wolves are playing cannot see them getting 8 points from 15.

For west ham to get to 41 points they need 9 points out of 12, where did you get the other win for them? I personally think 39 will be enough to survive, the way Wolves are playing cannot see them getting 8 points from 15.

Wham's last three fixtures are Rovers (H), Wigan (A - will be like a home game with 5,000 Hammers there) & Sunderland (H).

I think they will win all three.

Archived