BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wham's last three fixtures are Rovers (H), Wigan (A - will be like a home game with 5,000 Hammers there) & Sunderland (H).

I think they will win all three.

They have won 5 out of 34 games- to win 3 out 4 is highly unlikely.

They have won 5 out of 34 games- to win 3 out 4 is highly unlikely.

Remember Fulham's great escape run under Hodgson ?

I'd take WHAM & Sunderland @ home & Wigan away as Rovers'last three fixtures.

I can't help thinking Wigan and Blackpool are finished. Its then a straight race between Rovers, Wham and Wolves.

I know its a big ask for West Ham to win their last 3 games, but they are winnable. Sunderland on the last day has the makings of a side with nowt to play for and who will be looking forward to their holidays. The most worrying thing is they have goals in them.

Wolves run in is very difficult to judge. The return of Doyle will be a big plus for them. He allows them to play to their strengths, namely freeing up space for the likes of Jarvis. But their fixtures are nearly all midlands derbies. Fraught atmospheres which can work for or against you. One thing is for sure, the opposition will at least have motivation to compete.

Rovers. Well we all know the score here. A point against City would be great. 3 against Bolton is a must. Ferguson will do us no favours regardless of the standings in the title race. I fear for us at West Ham for no other reason than our previous undoings down there. Sadly, i think the Wolves game might be the decider.

Hold on to your hats!!

If we can somehow pick up at least three points from the next two games, I think we'll end up safe. It really is squeeky bum time and i'll be there at every game we have left so it will be even more so. I implore the players to really take advantage of the luck we have been afforded by the failure of the other teams around us.

We are more then good enough to stay up, there is no doubt about it. The lads just need to put all the crap since the turn of the year behind them and use the ability and endeavour that they have previously shown in abundance to take them past the finishing post. Our position as a premier league team should not even be in doubt at this point, we are much more then capable, the lads just need to show a slither of it and the fans just need to stay patient and as loud and supportive as they always are.

Eighth place and a cup next season........okay that may be pushing it a bit too far.....BUT.....we are good enough to retain our place in the premier league, the lads just need to remember that they are.

As one or two others have said, it's almost got to the point where it's pointless trying to predict what will happen as the opposite is likely to happen.

For what it's worth however I can't see Blackpool getting more than one or two points leaving them on 36.

I expect West Ham to lose at Citeh and if we can then get a draw at their place they'll then only have 33 points from 36 games which would make it very tough for them also. 37 points for them would be quite optimistic.

Wigan, can't see much for them either unless they can beat West Ham in the penultimate game of the season. 36/37 points.

Wolves have work to do but are the one side down there who could theoretically get themselves out of it looking at their remaining fixtures.

We need to win at least one of our home hames and avoid defeat at both West Ham and Wolves if we were to lose two of our three home games.

Having predicted all that, probably none of it will happen.

Beating Bolton and not losing against WH and Wolves (5 points) is the minimum requirement and should see us safe. anything out of the man utd be akin to VE day a win prob see us safe with a game to spare.

Blackpool 41pts

Fulham 40pts

Blackburn 40/41 cant make my mind up about tomorrow

Wolves 39pts

Wigan 38pts

West Ham 37pts

The problem is we've got 4 points out of the last 27! Why should we think we can get 5 or 6 from the last 5 games?

None of them are as "easy' as the points we've dropped.

this is why where in a relegation battle, but also this is why there are 5 other teams in the relegation battle we know we can get draws, just have to turn one/two of them draws in to a win hopefully asap against Man city who cant win away from home atm

If we can somehow pick up at least three points from the next two games, I think we'll end up safe. It really is squeeky bum time and i'll be there at every game we have left so it will be even more so. I implore the players to really take advantage of the luck we have been afforded by the failure of the other teams around us.

We are more then good enough to stay up, there is no doubt about it. The lads just need to put all the crap since the turn of the year behind them and use the ability and endeavour that they have previously shown in abundance to take them past the finishing post. Our position as a premier league team should not even be in doubt at this point, we are much more then capable, the lads just need to show a slither of it and the fans just need to stay patient and as loud and supportive as they always are.

Eighth place and a cup next season........okay that may be pushing it a bit too far.....BUT.....we are good enough to retain our place in the premier league, the lads just need to remember that they are.

Sorry about the above post- pressed the wrong button.

What I meant to say was I don't agree with Earl's post at all. We're down there because we've played poorly since Christmas. Our play is totally predictable , one-dimensional and laboured. Apart from Hoilett who's still a mere youth who've we got that gives you a glimmer of excitement when they're on the ball ? To stay up we,ve either got to start scoring goals or stop giving them away. From where we are now any half decent, determined team with some fire in their bellies could get out of this mess. First and foremost tomorrow we need to see some evidence of battlers and not more rubber dinghy men.

Reasonable performance after a shaky first 20 mins but playing well is pointless if you cannot score goals.

Kean's substitutions again backfired so he's either incompetant or unlucky - probably both.

I'll go to the Bolton and West Ham matches but I'm not expecting a point from either and I'm not sure I can watch the last rites in the final 2 matches. It hurts too much.

Sadly the gut feeling I had in January when I started this thread after Sam was sacked is proving correct.

We're going down.

Sadly the gut feeling I had in January when I started this thread after Sam was sacked is proving correct.

We're going down.

congratulations :angry2:

maybe it would be best to take the positives out of this game ya know try and build confidence for the next crucial game, instead of "I told you so"?

Archived