BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

I agree.

We only got beat by one goal.

If you can't score the opposition only need to score one goal to win. The fact remains that the last four matches have seen us score one goal. That's one goal in scored in 360 minutes of football. Unless we can find the back of the net it won't really matter what any of our relegation rivals do, we will be playing Championship football next season.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe it would be best to take the positives out of this game ya know try and build confidence for the next crucial game, instead of "I told you so"?

Positive thinking is all well and good but we've hand months of positive thinking and nothing to show for it. We need warriors, not devotees of self-help books.

A little less visualizing victory and a little more actually doing the damage it takes to win might do wonders for our point total.

Everyone normally uses the oft worn cliche "must win game" many times and rather glibly during the course of a season but the Bolton game really is the must win game of all must win games.

Win and we probably stay up. Don't win and we probably go down.

And would the Club in it's current form that Jack built survive?

No pressure then. But who's going to score the bloody goal or goals that we need? :unsure:

Put Samba up front.

I agree, he looks by far our most threatening player and definitely would have scored, or at least got on target the header that Roberts somehow missed.

The only problem being that with Nelsens injury, we need him at the back.

I agree, he looks by far our most threatening player and definitely would have scored, or at least got on target the header that Roberts somehow missed.

The only problem being that with Nelsens injury, we need him at the back.

I know, but I couldn't think of anything else, plus N'Zonzi will now be avilable and we could push Phil back into defence?

Well, it's an option, anyway.

Bolton is game that we have to get 3 points from, that will give us a fighting chance, anything less and am afraid things will look bleak. The players have to take heart from the performance last night, if they can produce something similar (in terms of desire and passion) and add a little bit of quality and luck then we are well capable of beating Bolton. Walking home from the game last night, the way that people were talking about Bolton, made it sound like we were playing Barcelona. Bolton are a good side but they are definitely beatable, I know that we haven't won in 11 but we are capable of beating them, we just have to give everything like we did last night, also worth pointing out that they Wednesday away at Fulham so that might have an impact on them come Saturday.

The real concern is that despite all the effort yesterday Hart had very little to do. I would go with Benjani and Roque up front on Saturday. Benjami did well last night, and IF Roque can find some sort of inspiration/form then he does have the ability to score goals.

Fans have to back the team like we did last night, things may look desperate right now but remember "the darkest hour of the night is just before the dawn". Let's hope and pray the dawn for Rovers arrives on Saturday.

Bolton is game that we have to get 3 points from, that will give us a fighting chance, anything less and am afraid things will look bleak. The players have to take heart from the performance last night, if they can produce something similar (in terms of desire and passion) and add a little bit of quality and luck then we are well capable of beating Bolton. Walking home from the game last night, the way that people were talking about Bolton, made it sound like we were playing Barcelona. Bolton are a good side but they are definitely beatable, I know that we haven't won in 11 but we are capable of beating them, we just have to give everything like we did last night, also worth pointing out that they Wednesday away at Fulham so that might have an impact on them come Saturday.

The real concern is that despite all the effort yesterday Hart had very little to do. I would go with Benjani and Roque up front on Saturday. Benjami did well last night, and IF Roque can find some sort of inspiration/form then he does have the ability to score goals.

Fans have to back the team like we did last night, things may look desperate right now but remember "the darkest hour of the night is just before the dawn". Let's hope and pray the dawn for Rovers arrives on Saturday.

We've persevered with Roque even though he is carrying an injury. Result-----no goals from him and few wins for us. Time to ditch him completely and play strikers who can actually run.For me that means Benjani and anyone but Roberts. I thought Roberts did some good things last night but we need goals and he is not a goal-scorer.

congratulations :angry2:

maybe it would be best to take the positives out of this game ya know try and build confidence for the next crucial game, instead of "I told you so"?

Dundee huh? Is that why you sound like a Steve Kean soundbyte? :rolleyes:

There are no positives to take....... other than the fact that the players although so obviously drained of all belief and self-confidence by a dodgy regime and an incompetent p1sspoor manager are still fighting for the cause.

What ticks me off most is that this situation was all so unecessary! Jim was one of many whose experience forecast this precisely so don't criticise him for being accurate. From now on just bloody well take heed!

There are no positives to take....... other than the fact that the players although so obviously drained of all belief and self-confidence by a dodgy regime and an incompetent p1sspoor manager are still fighting for the cause.

What ticks me off most is that this situation was all so unecessary! Jim was one of many whose experience forecast this precisely so don't criticise him for being accurate. From now on just bloody well take heed!

Well as you and brother jim have all the answers. Why the hell aint you managing the team instead of Kean? Have either of you actually put your money where your mouth is and applied for the job?

What tactics did Stoke play when they battered Bolton 0-5 in the FA-cup Semi?

Copy/paste imo. Even if that means playing MGP for long throws or playing Jason Roberts with a rasta-wig to be a Kenwyne Jones look-a-like.

Nothing else but a win. Keep the faith.

To be honest I think there is a strong case for just playing one up even if we are at home. Cruz has offered very little and we don't need passengers - we need to win the midfield battle and over run them and hope we can make the pressure tell:-

--------------------Benjani

-------Hoilett------Dunn-----Rochina

-------------Nzonzi------Jones

Olsson----Samba---Jones----Salgado

-------------------Robinson

Get the shape right, work harder than Bolton, and look to release Hoilett and Olsson down the left as that has been our only consistently creative combination in the last ten games or so. Maybe Rochina on the right can offer something, but if he is considered too much of a risk defensively stick Mame Diouf there or, if we must, Emerton. Just look to hold the right side together and penetrate on the left.

Key is no passengers. 442, particularly the inclusion of Emerton and Dunn in a midfield four, is asking to concede possession. No point in having two up front if they are not delivering and limit the attacking play of our only decent offensive players (Hoilett and Olsson).

Lol yes i live in Dundee, oooo i see what you’re saying i live in Dundee so i must automatically be pro-Kean, i agree with you in the fact that this situation was unnecessary! But it’s that way people deal with it, the team (Players and the manager)has showed fight and desire , whereas others are using there "experience" for something else

We're screwed because Sturridge will score at least one against us...can we score 2.? I don't think so.

Thinking the same .... Sturridge has emerged as a real talent at Bolton and is in tremendous form. Big surprise if he doesn't score.

Thinking the same .... Sturridge has emerged as a real talent at Bolton and is in tremendous form. Big surprise if he doesn't score.

Big surprise only Bolton went in for him :rock:

What tactics did Stoke play when they battered Bolton 0-5 in the FA-cup Semi?

Down the wings, they have poor full-backs.

We NEED Hoilett & Olsson on the wings for this one.....with JJ & either Dunn or NZonzi in the middle.

Same defence as last night & then the all important - who should play upfront? Personally id go Mame Diouf & Benjani

Play with as much pace as we can and run at their defence. Olsson and Hoilett down the wings, with Diouf running in centrally. Then any of the lumps up front as well. Maybe Pedersen so we can deliver a set piece. Dunny and Rochina for some creativity. Nzonzi and JJones for a bit of bite. Same back four and Robbo.

Easy win. As long as the ref doesn't spot we've 14 players on the pitch.

Why Diouf?

Santa and Benjani. Or Kalinic and Benjani.

Of our strikers

I feel that Mame links up best with Hoilett & Olsson, he seems more on their wave length - he also has abit more pace that our other strikers and he has already scored against them this season. He is also our joint top scorer with Kalinic.

He is our 3rd most prolific striker too....just behind Benjani & behind the most prolific Kalinic.

Either way I wouldnt play Roberts or RSC....For me it has to be 2 of Kalinic/ Banjnai/ Mame

Kalinic 189 mins per goal

Benjani 257 mins per goal

Mame 284 mins per goal

Roberts 412 mins per goal (4 1/2 full games per goal :angry: )

RSC 640 mins & still counting no goals all season

If Wolves lose tonight to Stoke(away) and Blues(away) which seems likely as both have excellent home records.

If West Ham lose away to Man City.

If we win at home to Bolton then with 9 points to play for we will be 6 ahead of West Ham and 5 ahead of Wolves!

Lots of hypotheticals but I can see it happening, key is Wolves losing tonight and us beating Bolton.

Archived