BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Wolves lose tonight to Stoke(away) and Blues(away) which seems likely as both have excellent home records.

If West Ham lose away to Man City.

If we win at home to Bolton then with 9 points to play for we will be 6 ahead of West Ham and 5 ahead of Wolves!

Lots of hypotheticals but I can see it happening, key is Wolves losing tonight and us beating Bolton.

And if we had not sacked you-know-who we would not be in this position.

Hypothetical but not unlikely.

The words "straws" and "clutching" come to mind reading the above.

Hardly clutching at straws.

All those possibilitys that imy mentioned could well happen.

I would expect Wolves to lose there next 2 games, and would expect West Ham to lose to City. I also think Blackpool & Wigan will lose this weekend.

Only one im not sure about is us beating Bolton!

If Wolves lose tonight to Stoke(away) and Blues(away) which seems likely as both have excellent home records.

If West Ham lose away to Man City.

If we win at home to Bolton then with 9 points to play for we will be 6 ahead of West Ham and 5 ahead of Wolves!

Lots of hypotheticals but I can see it happening, key is Wolves losing tonight and us beating Bolton.

This is very good news indeed and hugely reassuring! I am very relieved. It might all sound very plausible but it rarely happens as you wish. I fancy Wolves to get something from those two games, but have to say West Ham will definately struggle at COMS.

What a mess, having to rely on all others so heavily for our safety!

Bolton are there for the taking. Their away form is worse than ours, for god sake!

If we don't come away with three points on Saturday, we won't deserve to stay in this league.

No excuses come 5pm on Saturday.

The same work ethic and determination as last night, please. Couple that with the roar of the Ewood faithful and we should be fine.

• Backroom

I think wolves will win tonight.

Make no mistake Saturday is our biggest game in years and it will be as nervy as it will be tough.

Fail to win and we are done we'll most likely be in the drop zone with 3 horrible horrible games ahead.

In my opinion if we lose on Saturday we won't pick up another point.

And if we had not sacked you-know-who we would not be in this position.

Hypothetical but not unlikely.

The words "straws" and "clutching" come to mind reading the above

Probably some truth at the clutching at straws bit Jim, I am hoping more than expecting but what's imperative is that we get 4 points on the board and I would guess Bolton is our best bet at 3 points.

I have Wolves losing this but still staying up. This is one of their hardest fixtures remaining, if not the hardest fixture.

Brum at the weekend won't be a walk in the park, but agreed, I think Stoke away with a formidable home record is their hardest game.

I just get a sneaky feeling that we’ll manage to beat the drop, simply because the rest are cr@p also.

Come on you clay heads!

Archived