BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

Initially when Kean took over I started to fear the worst, we’ve suffered problems before with novice managers.

Particularly after the Newcastle and Villa games I thought this is a disorganised team, with no strong leadership, heading only one way, down.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bolton at home IS the new VE Day ( I said the same to mates before the Blackpool match ). People are right saying it is by far and away no foregone conclusion, but that team must surely take some inspiration from the City match and take it forward. If we approach it like we did the Brum match, we have problems because Bolton have miles more quality. If we play like we did against City, we need to find someone to step up to the mark and become a goalscorer for the day. 38 points could well be enough.

Did anyone see the Wolves game? I noticed Steven Fletcher was taken off due to injury. Did it look serious?

If they lose him as well, they'll have worse options up front than we do..not that he's brilliant, but do they have anyone left?

Unfortunately, it seems there's a possibility that Doyle could be back for their game against us:

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/04/25/kevin-doyle-back-for-last-two-wolves-games/

Did the BBC predictor now had us up for:

a draw against bolton

loss against United and West Ham

Draw against Wolves and we still stay up.

I cant see West Ham getting more than 5 points, Wolves more than 4 and Blackpool / Wigan more than 3.

Isn't our goal difference worth a point also? far better than the teams below us?

Only takes a defeat for us and a win for one of the others to give it a 3-5 goal swing potentially. Too close for comfort even in GD, but if it finishes this way then it definitely is worth a point.

Just did the BBC Predictor and, going into the final weekend of the season, I had the bottom five teams all tied on 36 points! The bottom of the table looked like this:

Position Team P GD PTS

16 Rovers 37 -19 36

17 West Ham 37 -21 36

18 Blackpool 37 -23 36

19 Wolves 37 -23 36

20 Wigan 37 -25 36

Not sure my heart could take it.

I don't think it cost him his job-JW stressed that at the AGM.

i dunno. there were reports of them having large garden parties where they showed the games.

i wouldnt be surpised if the man u and the spurs hammering the week or so later... would have really embarrassed the new owners.

i like most of the rovers following that day left at 5 nil.

My predictor had us in the bottom three until the last game of the season where we have to win or go down, I think we will beat Wolves.

I think we will survive on the last day on goal difference.

15 Birmingham 42

16 West Ham 41

17 Blackburn 39

18 Wolves 39 (goal difference)

19 blackpool 37

20 Wigan 35

i dunno. there were reports of them having large garden parties where they showed the games.

i wouldnt be surpised if the man u and the spurs hammering the week or so later... would have really embarrassed the new owners.

i like most of the rovers following that day left at 5 nil.

As in the 4-2 defeat at Tottenham that occured before the takeover?

My predictor had us in the bottom three until the last game of the season where we have to win or go down, I think we will beat Wolves.

I think we will survive on the last day on goal difference.

15 Birmingham 42

16 West Ham 41

17 Blackburn 39

18 Wolves 39 (goal difference)

19 blackpool 37

20 Wigan 35

I really wouldn't want us going to Wolves needing a win, our away record is shocking.

I think we'll be ok. The Bolton game is massive and one that we need to and should win. I think 3 points on saturday and we'll go the rest of the season unbeaten. I fancy us for a point against Utd as they will probably have the league wrapped up by then. I also fancy us to get points at West Ham and Wolves. I just think that the pressure those two teams will be under from their own fans will be too much for them to handle.

The key result though is Bolton on saturday, lose it and all my optimism will go out the window!!

As in the 4-2 defeat at Tottenham that occured before the takeover?

officially before the takeover... but it was more or less a done deal intime for spurs and the garden party :P

Our beloved owners have been quite good at embarrassing themselves.

in what ways? apart from sacking sam and appointing kean... maybe naive but not embarrassing.

define their embarrassing moments ? i dont recall them.

officially before the takeover... but it was more or less a done deal intime for spurs and the garden party :P

in what ways? apart from sacking sam and appointing kean.

define their embarrassing moments ? i dont recall them.

Getting shut of the best Chairman in the game.

Talking about winning cups in the midst of a relegation battle.

letting SEM have an involvement in the running of the club.

Ronaldinho

Archived